Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T-mobile sidekicks

Options
  • 10-06-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Has anyone ever purchased a T-mobile Sidekick from the states for use in Ireland?

I am heading to the states this summer and saw an unlocked 2009 Sidekick for purchase. I'd love to have one. Just wanted to make sure that it would work here. Right now I have a Vodafone PAYG account.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Afaik the backend for those old Sidekicks was turned off last year. It would be only good for calls and texts, and tbh a penta-band Nokia would probably do that better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 poopsie

Thanks. That's very disappointing. I was looking at the Walmart site for prices and it specifically says that the phone is unlocked and that internet is one of the features. I've also seen them on Ebay in the states and the UK. I liked this phone because of the keyboard. I'm not a big fan of the touch screen especially when it comes to the keyboard. I've never heard of the penta-band Nokia. I'll check into that one.

Advertisement