Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taking Shop Smell Out Of Clothes

• 10-06-2012 9:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is the wrong place, but I didn't see anywhere more suitable.

I bought a couple of fleeces a while back from Pennys. They had what I call the new shop smell, not a foul odor, more like a strong stale one from making being left on the shelf or something.

Usually with any clothing like this is fine after a wash or two and the smell is gone. But it will not leave these fleeces :mad:

Does anyone have any suggestions? Some product to add to the wash or some home remedy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Herrick wrote: »
    Apologies if this is the wrong place, but I didn't see anywhere more suitable.

I bought a couple of fleeces a while back from Pennys. They had what I call the new shop smell, not a foul odor, more like a strong stale one from making being left on the shelf or something.

Usually with any clothing like this is fine after a wash or two and the smell is gone. But it will not leave these fleeces :mad:

Does anyone have any suggestions? Some product to add to the wash or some home remedy?

A cup of white vinegar in a wash is generally good for getting our pungent smells

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

Herrick wrote: »

The vinegar suggested above is worth a try. Be warned for the future that synthetic fibres i.e. polyester, acrylic etc. will trap strong odours and will not respond well to washing or airing.

Advertisement