Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension Levy

Options
  • 10-06-2012 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭

If you're working for a government agency but not in a pension scheme, should you have pension levy deducted from your wages ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

greendom wrote: »
    If you're working for a government agency but not in a pension scheme, should you have pension levy deducted from your wages ?

I'm transferring this to Pensions as I think they'll be able to help you out over there.

To be a "relevant person" to whom the pension levy applies, you have to be a member of a public service pension scheme, entitled to a benefit from such a scheme, or entitled to a payment in lieu of membership of such a scheme.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2009/en/act/pub/0005/sec0002.html#sec2

Also, if you are employed by one of the bodies listed in the link below, the pension levy legislation doesn't apply to you.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2009/en/act/pub/0005/sched.html#sched

Thanks for the thanks - looks like a result! :D

If it's been incorrectly deducted, go get 'em......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Thanks for the thanks - looks like a result! :D

If it's been incorrectly deducted, go get 'em......

Yes many thanks - it's my wife who's on a temporary contract and having the pension levy deducted from her wages. I thought it was odd

Yes many thanks - it's my wife who's on a temporary contract and having the pension levy deducted from her wages. I thought it was odd

Just be aware that quite a few employers in the PS admit temporary workers to their pension schemes. :eek:

I think it's something to do with the EU Fixed Term Workers' Directive. If someone gets a temporary contract (say for a year), they also get a year's worth of pension benefit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Just be aware that quite a few employers in the PS admit temporary workers to their pension schemes. :eek:

I think it's something to do with the EU Fixed Term Workers' Directive. If someone gets a temporary contract (say for a year), they also get a year's worth of pension benefit.

Could this happen without them informing her and and without the contributions made by her and the employer being displayed on the payslip?

Advertisement