Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Jane I'm considering joining WW; I'd love to get a stone or so off. Well I'd lose two stone if I could but I'll try the stone for now. We can motivate each other!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i need more motivation to lose weight!

I just threw out a heap of clothes that have become too big on me but i stil have a bit more to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I could lose weight, but I totally love eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Jane I was 12 stone 6 and I've lost 2 stone since x mas, I haven't lost any real weight in 2 or so months, I'm 10 stone 5 now. I'm 5 foot 4.5. It was hard work and harder work lies ahead as I'm nit shifting the last stone. I did a diy job I didn't go to weight watchers. I'm happy enough with my body but wish the belly was flatter. I'm still walking and ran 1 k and walked 5.5 k yesterday. I'm at kickboxing tomorrow. It's not just about diet once you lose the 1st stone oR your first dress size you really do feel much better.

Pm me if you need support or motivation. And post up before and after pics, mine are on already...
    EmilyO wrote: »
    Jane I'm considering joining WW; I'd love to get a stone or so off. Well I'd lose two stone if I could but I'll try the stone for now. We can motivate each other!

I haven't actually gone back to WW, I'm thinking about it though. I don't know if I can afford it. I know it's only a tenner but then when you consider the missed week fee is €5 and I'd be likely to miss meetings with visiting bf etc. I only went for about a 30 minute walk today, I might go again later and I'll have to get my bike fixed up too. At the moment I'm sort of counting points. I'm still using the old points system. I'm just making sure to eat 3 meals a day, drink lots of water and get some exercise.

My belly is my problem really because I'm happy enough with the rest of my body. As I said before all my excess weight is around my middle. Hopefully my boobs won't disappear.. :p

Thanks so much for the encouragement guys, I really appreciate it. I've said that I'm going to lose weight countless times. I really have to do it because my confidence really is at rock bottom at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Today was tough. Instead of our usual "tea?" emails i wanted to write "jax?" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Jane I was 12 stone 6 and I've lost 2 stone since x mas, I haven't lost any real weight in 2 or so months, I'm 10 stone 5 now. I'm 5 foot 4.5. It was hard work and harder work lies ahead as I'm nit shifting the last stone. I did a diy job I didn't go to weight watchers. I'm happy enough with my body but wish the belly was flatter. I'm still walking and ran 1 k and walked 5.5 k yesterday. I'm at kickboxing tomorrow. It's not just about diet once you lose the 1st stone oR your first dress size you really do feel much better.

I've lost a certain amount of weight in the last couple of years with the cycling but am nowhere near my 'ideal' weight. I still have a significant belly (though I can flatten it (momentarily) at will). However, I'm doing serious distance on the bike at a decent effort and I'm currently well fit and energetic. I'm not looking at numbers or scales, just happy to be active and able to look in the mirror without feeling guilty...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Kiera wrote: »
    Today was tough. Instead of our usual "tea?" emails i wanted to write "jax?" :D

Hope you did...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Bluewolf....€140 for a massage with hot oil?:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Was there a fine Italian bit of stuff heating the oil on his body??

That is INSANE!!! And saying the the massage includes feet and scalp?? THEY'RE PART OF YOUR BODY, THEY'RE MEANT TO BE INCLUDED!!!!

That's crazy money. I do a full hot stone with hot oil massage for half that...come to me next time, I'll make it all spa-like by.....erm....massaging you in the bathroom....or outside next to the paddling pool or.....something:D:D:D

Oh and on the EWCM....I dunno what ye're getting freaked out over, it happens everyone around ovulation:D Well, not you Albection/awec/cdaly/krudler:D:D

Yeah that's what we thought too the only reason we got it was for that 3hour yoke. They had a one hour full body for 85 shoulda got that :mad:
    left a bad review on tripadvisor for them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Decided instead of baking to go for a walk, just mapped it online and apparently twas 8km! Feeling fairly happy with that since I did a 7km one yesterday with a friend of mine. All the hard work will be wasted seeing as I'm having a Lennoxes dinner, but this way I can view it as having earned it - and it got me out of the house and less wanting to die of boredom!

Jane I'm the same height as you and am just under ten and a half stone, and am a size 10 - according to the BMI thing I need to lose two stone and I think thats too small...

• Advertisement

Wah, everybody else comes home from work and I start getting ready to go to work. :(

Thank god for the eye candy who sits at the desk opposite mine. Prime perving position.

I'm having trouble with this knitting now. I was going to post in the knitting super-thread over in the Arts & Crafts forum but nobody has posted in 4 months so I don't know if that'll be successful. Can't really find what I'm looking for anywhere online. Wah. :(

Decided instead of baking to go for a walk, just mapped it online and apparently twas 8km! Feeling fairly happy with that since I did a 7km one yesterday with a friend of mine. All the hard work will be wasted seeing as I'm having a Lennoxes dinner, but this way I can view it as having earned it - and it got me out of the house and less wanting to die of boredom!

Jane I'm the same height as you and am just under ten and a half stone, and am a size 10 - according to the BMI thing I need to lose two stone and I think thats too small...

I think I'll head off for another walk.. I only did about 1km today, might see if I can do 2 more. Thanks for the motivation! :)

Yeah I don't think I'm going to go by that. I think if I could get to between 10 and 10 and a half stone I'd look and feel so much better. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Miaireland wrote: »
    Has any one had shellac nails done? Did they damage you nails much? I had the gelcure one done and didn't like the way they filed the surface of the nail. I am thinking of getting shellac as normal varnish doesn't last anytime on my nails.
    I've had shellac done once and a few hours later they started peeling so I went back to the salon and they re-did them for free and I had the same problem again.

There's a thread here about them - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78319344
    ellieh1 wrote: »
    I got a placement Yippee!!!!! I just got a phonecall to offer me a placement, I am chuffed to bits *does a happy dance* :D
    Congrats Ellieh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

All this talk of diets makes me feel bad about the half bag of peanuts i had for breakfast and half a tonne of pick and mix I ate whilst spying on my neighbours out through my dads bedroom window. I should go for a walk too.

How could anyone do this?! I know I eat lamb/beef/chicken etc, but I just couldn't eat dog/cat :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2164353/Horrific-images-dogs-killed-cooked-served-meal-sick-Chinese-tradition.html

So so cruel :(

Polloloca wrote: »
    All this talk of diets makes me feel bad about the half bag of peanuts i had for breakfast and half a tonne of pick and mix I ate whilst spying on my neighbours out through my dads bedroom window. I should go for a walk too.
    +1.

I can't wait to start the two courses - the first thing I am going to get with the extra money is my running shoes.

I tried on the Asics 1170 and the Asics 2170, god they were so comfortable, I could actually wear them all day long.

I normally wear flat slippers from Penneys around the house as they are so so comfortable, but my god, the runners were like cushions on my feet. I can't wait to get them :D

How could anyone do this?! I know I eat lamb/beef/chicken etc, but I just couldn't eat dog/cat :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2164353/Horrific-images-dogs-killed-cooked-served-meal-sick-Chinese-tradition.html

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

All the same to me. People have pet cows and lambs too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

To me, eating a steak is just as cruel as eating the hind leg off a puppy. There's no animal/person more superior to another.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I haven't actually gone back to WW, I'm thinking about it though. I don't know if I can afford it. I know it's only a tenner but then when you consider the missed week fee is €5 and I'd be likely to miss meetings with visiting bf etc. I only went for about a 30 minute walk today, I might go again later and I'll have to get my bike fixed up too. At the moment I'm sort of counting points. I'm still using the old points system. I'm just making sure to eat 3 meals a day, drink lots of water and get some exercise.

Jane they have loads of meetings all over the country on different days of the week - if he's anywhere near a town, there's a good chance you could go to a different meeting. You don't have to stick to the same meeting every week, and actually it can be good motivation to go to meetings run by different leaders every now and then!

Also you get (I think) two holiday weeks every six months, where you can miss a meeting without paying extra.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

The distinction between what we consider 'meat' animals and 'pet' animals is largely cultural though.

Take the first sentence: "These disturbing images show dogs being cooked and served up as a meal in a grim Chinese tradition." Imagine if it was an Indian newspaper instead that said "These disturbing images show cows being cooked and served up as a meal in a grim Western tradition." - how would that be any different?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Angel8ie

krudler wrote: »
    made a meme :pac:

22462838.jpg

Ah ha ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Jane they have loads of meetings all over the country on different days of the week - if he's anywhere near a town, there's a good chance you could go to a different meeting. You don't have to stick to the same meeting every week, and actually it can be good motivation to go to meetings run by different leaders every now and then!

Also you get (I think) two holiday weeks every six months, where you can miss a meeting without paying extra.

Actually my friend from work does this; during the college year she goes to meetings in Dublin but now she's home for the summer she goes for meetings here. My problem would be trying to find a meeting time that suits me as I work irregular hours each week. My mum is on WW though and she's flying it, so that'll help motivate me too.

I don't really get WW. My friend is on it but she often starves herself all day so she can splurge her points on a takeaway or whatever. Doesn't seem particularly healthy to me, but then again, I've never really looked into it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Novella wrote: »
    I don't really get WW. My friend is on it but she often starves herself all day so she can splurge her points on a takeaway or whatever. Doesn't seem particularly healthy to me, but then again, I've never really looked into it.

She's not following the programme.

It requires that you spread out your points over the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

What a day! So busy! Have headache now, off for a run! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Going to get on my sofa and watch Baby Mama because Amy Poehler & Tina Fey are pure comedy and I need that right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I tried on the Asics 1170 and the Asics 2170, god they were so comfortable, I could actually wear them all day long.

I normally wear flat slippers from Penneys around the house as they are so so comfortable, but my god, the runners were like cushions on my feet. I can't wait to get them :D
    I'm running in the 2170s at the moment, really like them. They're down to €85 in Lifestyle now too if you're looking for a deal.

Currently on a Cork to Dublin bus and kicking myself for not spending the extra for the train... Almost 3 hours of toiletless misery ahead. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Whoever was asking about Shellac, I had Shellac nails done and the woman that did them filed the surface of my nails beforehand and when I removed the polish 2 weeks later my nails were a lot weaker but my nails are very weak anyway so I don't know if that was just me. As regards the Shellac itself, I was really impressed with it. They lasted me 2 weeks with no chips or peeling, those 2 weeks included scrubbing our kitchen floor on my hands and knees with a scrubbing brush, washing my motorbike twice and a crash so in fairness they did get tested to the limit :P The brand of Shellac polishes the woman used on me was called "Jessica" so I don't know if the brand makes a difference.

Had a good day today, few of our friends came up with stomp bikes and himself went roaring around on them for a couple of hours with the lads (really put a smile on his face) and then this afternoon we put roses from the rose bush I planted this time last year on my bf's dad's grave. When I was planted the rose bush first he just laughed his arse off at me saying the dog would wee on it and kill it :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement