Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm running in the 2170s at the moment, really like them. They're down to €85 in Lifestyle now too if you're looking for a deal.

Currently on a Cork to Dublin bus and kicking myself for not spending the extra for the train... Almost 3 hours of toiletless misery ahead. :(

I couldn't do that. The thought of no access to a toilet on a bus would make me need to go more. I'd have an all out panic attack at the thought!

I'm also like that with my iPod. I left for Galway City without my iPod and nearly freaked at the thought of 2 and a half hours on a bus without it when I realised. I'd have refused to board the bus without it. My Dad drove in with it though coz he's just that good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I'm running in the 2170s at the moment, really like them. They're down to €85 in Lifestyle now too if you're looking for a deal.

Currently on a Cork to Dublin bus and kicking myself for not spending the extra for the train... Almost 3 hours of toiletless misery ahead. :(
    €85? Really?

The cheapest I found was around €100, one local sports shop is charging €125 I think.

I must go into Lifestyle this week and see if they have them in my local store :D Thanks so much for letting me know, I really appreciate it :)

I just went through some stuff upstairs and came across cards for my 21st, I loved reading them all, reading my bf's card me smile and feel warm and fuzzy, I'm so lucky to have him, he is just the best! <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Novella wrote: »
    I don't really get WW. My friend is on it but she often starves herself all day so she can splurge her points on a takeaway or whatever. Doesn't seem particularly healthy to me, but then again, I've never really looked into it.

Some people will do that, especially if they're going drinking at the weekend. It's not healthy, but it's up to the individual how they want to spend their points. The only thing is that WW does discourage people from eating healthy fats, as foods like avocado are high in points. But I think WW can work if someone uses their points in conjunction with basic nutritional knowledge - albeit knowledge which tends to be thin on the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

€85? Really?

The cheapest I found was around €100, one local sports shop is charging €125 I think.

I must go into Lifestyle this week and see if they have them in my local store :D Thanks so much for letting me know, I really appreciate it :)
    That's what I saw them marked at in the branch on Henry St in Dublin. Gonna probably treat myself to a second pair this week as a payday/birthday treat. Hope they have a 7 left, sometimes it feels like every female runner in Ireland is the same size...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

EmilyO wrote: »
    Some people will do that, especially if they're going drinking at the weekend. It's not healthy, but it's up to the individual how they want to spend their points. The only thing is that WW does discourage people from eating healthy fats, as foods like avocado are high in points. But I think WW can work if someone uses their points in conjunction with basic nutritional knowledge - albeit knowledge which tends to be thin on the ground.

Yup, that's the way I'm doing it. I'm a big fan of the Nutrition and Diet forum here, so I'm basically planning to use advice from there and eat healthily, rather than counting points, but I go to the weekly meetings for weigh-ins, and they can be quite motivating too.

Except when they say things like that you should be eating 6-7 portions of bread/pasta/breakfast cereal each day! :eek: To be fair, they encourage small portion sizes, but still!

I've been out of my usual routine for the past few weeks, so haven't been eating well at all, but should be getting into it from next week on. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Das Kitty wrote: »
    She's not following the programme.

It requires that you spread out your points over the day.

I was thinking it was pretty crazy what she is doing. :)
    EmilyO wrote: »

Yeah, she does it for drinking too! :pac:

Oh couldn't be dealing with that, I love avocado!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

That's what I saw them marked at in the branch on Henry St in Dublin. Gonna probably treat myself to a second pair this week as a payday/birthday treat. Hope they have a 7 left, sometimes it feels like every female runner in Ireland is the same size...

Might go get a pair myself - my Brookes are falling apart at the moment but I don't wanna let them go. They're like wearing clouds :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Yup, that's the way I'm doing it. I'm a big fan of the Nutrition and Diet forum here, so I'm basically planning to use advice from there and eat healthily, rather than counting points, but I go to the weekly meetings for weigh-ins, and they can be quite motivating too.

Except when they say things like that you should be eating 6-7 portions of bread/pasta/breakfast cereal each day! :eek: To be fair, they encourage small portion sizes, but still!

I've been out of my usual routine for the past few weeks, so haven't been eating well at all, but should be getting into it from next week on. :)

Yeah I think I need to be 'held accountable' to myself with the weekly meetings. It's a good idea to read that forum although I feel so guilty when I do as the posters are so healthy and fit!

I'm the same as you regarding routine - I just don't have one with the hours I work. I'm always working at lunch and/or dinner time so my eating habits are all over the shop :o

Are you in college no i am not in college for fcuks sake!!

Last time i got cork dub bus there was a rest stop along the way

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My tummy is massive.

Damn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

there is something weird going on with my account..it wont send me any notifications at all :/

This morning it would but then i got a PM and i got no notification at all

tis very annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

My tummy is massive.

Damn.

Are you officially late yet?

/nosey b1tch :D

there is something weird going on with my account..it wont send me any notifications at all :/

This morning it would but then i got a PM and i got no notification at all

tis very annoying

Yeah, it's not just you. I've posted a thread in site dev just now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

It's probably because the development monkeys are tinkering with the Beta skin right now. It'll be a little buggy for a short while :)

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Are you officially late yet?

/nosey b1tch :D

I couldn't tell you. I'm not one of you strange "regular" people. Predictability? Feck that, say my ovaries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I couldn't tell you. I'm not one of you strange "regular" people. Predictability? Feck that, say my ovaries.

You cant have a baby, i'm your baby :(

Kiera wrote: »
    You cant have a baby, i'm your baby :(

Mummy still loves you very much, Kiera.

Mummy still loves you very much, Kiera.

Eh, Have you heard what she's been doing in the toilets with the boys at work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Yeah, it's not just you. I've posted a thread in site dev just now.

oh grand!!

Since when does Gok Wan have a cookery show?? :confused:

• Advertisement

As long as she's being safe.

I raised my fake daughter well, I'll have you know!

Well i didnt lick it off the floor ;)

Such a classy burd :cool:

I should hope not! The toilet floor is unsanitary. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I raised my fake daughter well, I'll have you know!

Standards do seem to be intact :p

I'm actually older than Das :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Back from my run, got 8k done and really pushed myself.

I deadsies now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Really would love a spa weekend away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Alerts have started telling me I have PMs when I don't :(

• Advertisement

tumblr_m66lhfxrpa1qfzklco1_500.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement