Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Novella wrote: »
    I don't mind hearing about those gross pregnancy related things 'cause I'm all un-pregnant and stuff. :)

Tbh I think hearing that stuff motivates me to stay un-pregnant :pac:
    bluewolf wrote: »

off to write a bad review on tripadvisor

Email to complain, you might get a freebie??
    Since when does Gok Wan have a cookery show?? :confused:

I KNOW!! Clearly because people can't afford expensive clothes but still need to buy food he thought he'd give it a try :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Das Kitty wrote: »
    As long as she's being safe.

I raised my fake daughter well, I'll have you know!

Hmm, says the one who might be knocked up :p

ETA I'm not getting any email notifications for replies to threads, which is pretty annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

SarahBeep! wrote: »

I KNOW!! Clearly because people can't afford expensive clothes but still need to buy food he thought he'd give it a try :pac:

But we finally get the secret of chinese food!! nom nom nom :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

coco_lola wrote: »
    Back from my run, got 8k done and really pushed myself.

I deadsies now.

how long did that take you to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

how long did that take you to do?

Just over 45 mins!

(I'm still building up my fitness!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just over 45 mins!

wow well done

wow well done

Is that good?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

true blood time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Jane they have loads of meetings all over the country on different days of the week - if he's anywhere near a town, there's a good chance you could go to a different meeting. You don't have to stick to the same meeting every week, and actually it can be good motivation to go to meetings run by different leaders every now and then!

Also you get (I think) two holiday weeks every six months, where you can miss a meeting without paying extra.

I actually didn't know that. :o I just had a look though and there's none in his town, nearest is probably Athlone. I'll try Portlaoise and Athy maybe. The one here where I live is on Tuesdays at 7pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Is that good?!

Yes :p

• Advertisement

Yes :p

Yay! I thought I should have been faster, a lot of my friends get a 10k done in 45 mins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

It'd take me 3 months to run that coco. Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yay! I thought I should have been faster, a lot of my friends get a 10k done in 45 mins!

45 mins for a 10k for a girl is pretty fast, if I ever ran that I'd be delighted...

Made it to bus in 5m like a boss, i should enter fastest walker ever championships.
    Spa lady said my calves were very hard and do i walk or stand a lot
    said not really but we did the 5.5k walking track in the grounds last night...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭NCONTHEMC

45 mins for a 10k for a girl is pretty fast, if I ever ran that I'd be delighted...

45mins? :eek:If I ever ran that there'd have to be a stewards enquiry:rolleyes:

Polloloca wrote: »
    It'd take me 3 months to run that coco. Well done!
    NCONTHEMC wrote: »
    45mins? :eek:If I ever ran that there'd have to be a stewards enquiry:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone! I did bootcamp for 6 weeks which really helped my fitness, and I ran a lot last year too.. My aim is to do a 10k soon! :) Any other runners in here in the Dublin area? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I want to get a tortoise and I will name it speedy.
    Speedy will need to do bootcamp and will become cocos running buddy and I will live vicariously through my beloved speedy.

/dreams

• Administrators Posts: 54,058 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Running is too slow and too boring!

So's your face

• Advertisement

Polloloca wrote: »
    I want to get a tortoise and I will name it speedy.

Were you just watching the news about Lonesome George?!

I want a tortoise too! I'd name him Nedward.

Was just gonna say "you're slow and boring" but blue got there before me :P

I don't have a bike awec! I like running, I'd be afraid to listen to music if I was cycling, music blasting and a good run help me destress after busy work days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I used to love running but now it just does nothing for me, am getting back into walking lately though, some parts of Cork are really lovely when its not raining (and some even when it is).

Starting to wish I knew more people here, which sounds silly seeing as I've all the collegey people, but the vast majority of them are either gone home, moved away for work, or J1ing, and any who aren't, are in work when I'm not. Gah.

Nothing wrong with a bit of cycling as cross-training too, ok? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭NCONTHEMC

Thanks everyone! I did bootcamp for 6 weeks which really helped my fitness, and I ran a lot last year too.. My aim is to do a 10k soon! :) Any other runners in here in the Dublin area? :D

I'm not exactly a runner but I try, am doing the Dun Laoghaire 10k August Bank holiday weekend. Did it last year. Tis very hilly!! :eek:

NCONTHEMC wrote: »
    I'm not exactly a runner but I try, am doing the Dun Laoghaire 10k August Bank holiday weekend. Did it last year. Tis very hilly!! :eek:

Eek I don't know about hills, the run today killed me when I ran home against the wind! :eek:

Eek I don't know about hills, the run today killed me when I ran home against the wind! :eek:

I'm planning to do the Fingal 10k on Jul 22, hoping it will be a bit flatter/faster!

I'm neither slow nor boring either! :P

ooh-matron-with-text.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Jane, totally unasked for advice here again, but....

I hate weightwatchers. €10 a week and then you have to pay 5 quid if you don't /can't go? What a joke! Save your €10 a week and use it to buy good exercise gear or buy your own healthy foods so you don't have to live by what your mum is cooking.

€40 a month will get you a gym membership, if you're lucky, you should be able to find a gym that will give discount membership for the unemployed and if it's a bit away from you, even better you can jog or cycle.
    2 months of weightwatchers fees will get you a decent pair of runners. Go out and run. Seriously, if you're embarrassed about your size, set your alarm and get up at 6:30 you'll be home by 7/7:30 and no one will see you and anyone that does will think you're awesome for a)being up that early and b)being out exercising. Not only will it be a big improvement to your health but it'll give you something to get up for every morning, get you into bed earlier and help regulate your sleep patterns(don't mean to sound like a stalker but this is just stuff I've picked up from these threads).

Once you're exercising every day you'll be inspired to eat better. If you go out for a run every (other) morning, when you get in have eggs for breakfast and ONE slice of toast max. Drink lots of water to help keep you hydrated for tomorrow. Eat fruit and veg and quality proteins and fats it'll help you get fitter faster.

Seriously. It's easier than it sounds. Just set your mind to it and do it. You'll enjoy your day sooooooo much more when you've started it with a good workout.

When I started running I was on college summer holidays and unemployed, bored out of my trolley every day. One day I got up early, put the dogs on their leads, brought them to the local park and ran around with them. Spent the next four months doing that and less than 5 months later I was running a marathon. Getting up every morning like that and going for a run and starting my day like that took me from feeling down, lonely and ****ty because I was bored and poor to feeling great. I started eating better etc as well. Haven't looked back since. Now running may not be your thing, but find some sort of exercise that is. It doesn't have to cost a lot, €40 for weightwatchers meeting s just seems really excessive. Set your mind to it and you won't need them. You have boards, between here and the health and fitness forum you have way, way, way more for free than what you'd ever get from weighwatchers.

Sorry for the unasked for advice, but seriously, if you ever want any help advice etc feel free to pm me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement