Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Edit: the donor cards are great but they're useless without your family's consent. Make sure they know your wishes.

I actually didn't know this. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I have low blood pressure and low iron too. Find it very hard to get my iron levels up! I don't think I've ever had a blood test where my iron was normal. Same with my blood pressure.

It's weird though I've never found exercising a problem. Nor do I ever feel sick or tired or lightheaded or anything like that...:o Maybe this is the way I am supposed to be!
    Yay health twins!! :D

I used to have normal iron. But since 08, it'd been kicking my ass

• Registered Users Posts: 31,912 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

coco_lola wrote: »
    Hit by a bus?

Oh how that made me laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

coco_lola wrote: »
    Hit by a bus?

Hahaha I laughed and now I look crazy.

Well, crazier than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

The bus idea is less scary!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

@kirby - load of asics for sale in lifestyle at around half price

Quiet office. Rumbly tummy. Uncool belly, un-fricken-cool.

Just got told by a male friend I've had for years that I don't strike him as the type that would be mindblowing in bed. Of course, followed by "No Offence".

I'm a little bit offended!

Just got told by a male friend I've had for years that I don't strike him as the type that would be mindblowing in bed. Of course, followed by "No Offence".

I'm a little bit offended!

Ah it's always the quiet ones ;)

Tell him to stop talking princess. He'll need all his breath to blow up his girlfriend, who I'm sure would reassure him he is mindblowing in bed, if she could talk

• Advertisement

Novella wrote: »
    Ah it's always the quiet ones ;)

True. ;)

And he probably only said that to try get you to prove him wrong. Silly boys.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Quiet office. Rumbly tummy. Uncool belly, un-fricken-cool.

I saw that as un-chicken-cool :o

I saw that as un-chicken-cool :o

Oh, don't talk about chicken!! SO HUNGRY!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

So Lips has decided to cut me out of his life completely. This is bacause he told me I did not have his permission to be friends with someone he introduced me to and I basically told him to fuck off. In nicer terms. Slightly. So yeah, he had the crazy for sure.

I would like to be articulate and not at all prosaic, but what the fcuk...:eek:

dfx- wrote: »
    I would like to be articulate and not at all prosaic, but what the fcuk...:eek:

Basically, I met Lips in college. I started seeing him, he introduced me to some of his friends. I got on particularly well with one to the extent that we'd have the odd chat on Facebook or whatever. Then he came to Amsterdam with myself, Lips and his girlfriend so I know the guy quite well, consider him a friend now. However Lips gave me an ultimatum - him or his friend so I, like you, thought wtf. I said it wasn't fair to ask me choose him over other people etc. His behaviour lately has been quite worrying but essentially he told me never to contact him again. Bullet dodged imo.

Definitely bullet dodged Novella. *hugs*

My ex decided to throw a tantrum because I was stealing his friends when we broke up. Until they pointed out that it was them choosing me because he was being a tool was the actual issue.

Idiots.

I was wrecked earlier and am now wired awake. Work in eight hours, up in six. Gaaaah.

Definitely bullet dodged Novella. *hugs*

My ex decided to throw a tantrum because I was stealing his friends when we broke up. Until they pointed out that it was them choosing me because he was being a tool was the actual issue.

Idiots.

Seriously?

I used to be the sort who would apologise for that sort of shit and feel really bad about it and like it was my fault but now I can't deal with the drama. I was pretty much like, "Grand, seeya". No skin off my nose. We don't need it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Jane, totally unasked for advice here again, but....

I hate weightwatchers. €10 a week and then you have to pay 5 quid if you don't /can't go? What a joke! Save your €10 a week and use it to buy good exercise gear or buy your own healthy foods so you don't have to live by what your mum is cooking.

€40 a month will get you a gym membership, if you're lucky, you should be able to find a gym that will give discount membership for the unemployed and if it's a bit away from you, even better you can jog or cycle.
    2 months of weightwatchers fees will get you a decent pair of runners. Go out and run. Seriously, if you're embarrassed about your size, set your alarm and get up at 6:30 you'll be home by 7/7:30 and no one will see you and anyone that does will think you're awesome for a)being up that early and b)being out exercising. Not only will it be a big improvement to your health but it'll give you something to get up for every morning, get you into bed earlier and help regulate your sleep patterns(don't mean to sound like a stalker but this is just stuff I've picked up from these threads).

Once you're exercising every day you'll be inspired to eat better. If you go out for a run every (other) morning, when you get in have eggs for breakfast and ONE slice of toast max. Drink lots of water to help keep you hydrated for tomorrow. Eat fruit and veg and quality proteins and fats it'll help you get fitter faster.

Seriously. It's easier than it sounds. Just set your mind to it and do it. You'll enjoy your day sooooooo much more when you've started it with a good workout.

When I started running I was on college summer holidays and unemployed, bored out of my trolley every day. One day I got up early, put the dogs on their leads, brought them to the local park and ran around with them. Spent the next four months doing that and less than 5 months later I was running a marathon. Getting up every morning like that and going for a run and starting my day like that took me from feeling down, lonely and ****ty because I was bored and poor to feeling great. I started eating better etc as well. Haven't looked back since. Now running may not be your thing, but find some sort of exercise that is. It doesn't have to cost a lot, €40 for weightwatchers meeting s just seems really excessive. Set your mind to it and you won't need them. You have boards, between here and the health and fitness forum you have way, way, way more for free than what you'd ever get from weighwatchers.

Sorry for the unasked for advice, but seriously, if you ever want any help advice etc feel free to pm me.

Excellent post, and that's great advice, I will try and take it also!

Jeepers Novella you definitely dodged a bullet there.. :eek:

• Advertisement

Yeah. I think he has really major trust issues though. His parents kind of let him down and I dunno, I constantly felt like he was testing me to see if I'd leave him. He'd just push me away over and over, wait for me to come back and if I didn't, he'd call me or something so I knew he didn't actually want me out of his life. I can't deal with it anymore though. I told him what he needed to do. He needs more than me to help him be happy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

how can u be guarenteed this seat? if i priority book will i be able to get this seat...am claustropic and suffer panic attacks as result, reckon this would help. Can u book the actual seat in advance, see if available?????

awec wrote: »
    Go for a seat in the emergency row over the wing.

Much more leg room, much more comfortable.

I always sit there if I can, otherwise I have to sit in an aisle seat so I can put my legs in the aisle.

Was stuck in a middle seat flying home from benidorm a few weeks ago. A few hours of my knees and shins jarred into the seat in front is not even remotely comfortable. :(

Tbh Novella I think that was the best you could do for him. He needs more help than you can give him. Hope you're okay though, that can't have been easy.

Time for bed. Night night everyone. :)

I has all the happies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

oh i just read about seat selection! So how can i view whats available? do i have to book the flight first? Can i select seat online or only at the airport? Story? Its ryanair btw!
    Thanks in advance

You don't pick your own seats with ryanair, it's a first come, first serve policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Polloloca wrote: »
    You don't pick your own seats with ryanair, it's a first come, first serve policy.

Costs €15 extra on Ryanair to book an emergency exit row seat, should be an optional extra when the flight is booked and again at check-in.

Really?? Been a while since I flew with them, was pretty sure that they were left for older people/people with disabilities but not at all surprised they'd sell them for extra tbh.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Not Pregnant. Probably.

*High-fives uterus*

• Advertisement

someone brought a box of celebrations in, DK, and I'm eating some now
    i'll dedicate one in your honour :pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement