Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I have low blood pressure and low iron too. Find it very hard to get my iron levels up! I don't think I've ever had a blood test where my iron was normal. Same with my blood pressure.

It's weird though I've never found exercising a problem. Nor do I ever feel sick or tired or lightheaded or anything like that...:o Maybe this is the way I am supposed to be!

My bp is normally 102 over 62, the low side of normal, exercise makes my bp drop and i go all dizzy and weak. (nearly fainted in kickboxing a few times) My iron has been normal since adulthood but before that i always had low iron and had to take a certain horrible tonic. Which i kept hiding as it was revolting. Just cheacked my bp it was 100/64 70 beats a minute

My other half has a bp monitor (which i also use) as he has very high blood pressure and tachycardia. He has both blood pressure tablets and tablets to reduce his heart rate. HIs been medicated from the age of 27 his mother had high bp from age 24, its in his genes, i just hope its not in our kids genes.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,912 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Polloloca wrote: »
    Really?? Been a while since I flew with them, was pretty sure that they were left for older people/people with disabilities but not at all surprised they'd sell them for extra tbh.

You have to be an able bodied person to sit at the emergency exit as far as I'm aware. You'd be the person expected to help open the door if anything went down on the plane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I'm always the last person on the plane because I'm usually drunk/too lazy to que. B grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

So many things I don't like about flying Ryanair, all the random extra charges, airports in the middle of nowhere, lack of assigned seating (and the behaviour that this causes in people), feck all legroom... wish it wasn't the only/cheapest option at times.

Got a full emergency exit row to myself on a flight home from Birmingham before though after being the last one on the plane...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Has this thread gotten quieter, or is it just me?

I'm wrecked today, don't know why, stayed at the boyfriends last night and was in bed around 11.30ish and slept until 8.30am so I shouldn't be tired :(

Tea now though :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

eat ALL the celebrations

god i need to get back to being healthy again
    maybe ill go for a walk later :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Still no sign of my wages in Ulster Bank :mad:

Celebrations... yum yum!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

So many things I don't like about flying Ryanair, all the random extra charges, airports in the middle of nowhere, lack of assigned seating (and the behaviour that this causes in people), feck all legroom... wish it wasn't the only/cheapest option at times.

Got a full emergency exit row to myself on a flight home from Birmingham before though after being the last one on the plane...

Myself and Mam were coming home from Spain on Ryanair, Mam sat on the inside by the window and I sat on the aisle seat, I leaned in and chatted to her the whole time that people were getting on, and we ended up having the middle seat free, which was great for Mam.

Email notifications are back :D

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Still no sign of my wages in Ulster Bank :mad:

Celebrations... yum yum!!

payroll are giving us original payslips today/tomorrow and advances from HR if needs be
    think i'll be alright though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I'm so bored...Parents are kind of on my back about me not having a job :(
    Was in a bad mood yesterday so I made apple pie. Actually I made 5 apple pies and froze 4 so now I have cake on demand :D

I really need (and want) to wash my hair, but the blister on the side of my face is burst now and I'm nearly afraid to wash my hair in case I get shampoo/conditioner in it and it becomes infected. Couldn't find any square plasters in town yesterday either :(

My hair is disgusting at the mo, not sure long I'll last before washing it, it's driving me mad.

I really need (and want) to wash my hair, but the blister on the side of my face is burst now and I'm nearly afraid to wash my hair in case I get shampoo/conditioner in it and it becomes infected. Couldn't find any square plasters in town yesterday either :(

My hair is disgusting at the mo, not sure long I'll last before washing it, it's driving me mad.

can you get a scarf or something and wrap it around your face
    failing that, dry shampoo

bluewolf wrote: »
    The burn/blister is too close to my hair line, so I don't think a scarf would work as it would just get wet and water would soak through it.

Might see if I can dry shampoo in town or something. :)

Hope it's a bit better by Friday as myself and my boyfriend are going out for his birthday so I have to wash my hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Could you cover it in Vaseline? Might keep the water out

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

The burn/blister is too close to my hair line, so I don't think a scarf would work as it would just get wet and water would soak through it.

Might see if I can dry shampoo in town or something. :)

Hope it's a bit better by Friday as myself and my boyfriend are going out for his birthday so I have to wash my hair.

I wouldn't use a plaster. Get some proper bandages and tape and tape it on. It should be fine getting wet anyway and it will keep the shampoo out

Does anyone want that falconry voucher i mentioned?
    it's for 2 people, says it's expired but i rang up a while ago and they're doing extra dates for voucher people in july
    in rathwood and it's for a few hours or something

Could you cover it in Vaseline? Might keep the water out
    Would Vaseline not irritate it?

This is the only Vaseline I have though http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/va/vaseline-vasaeline-lip-therapy-tin-with-aloe-vera-20g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I feel great today. :)

Going off for a walk now. Just had a lovely cup of tea. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Would Vaseline not irritate it?

This is the only Vaseline I have though http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/va/vaseline-vasaeline-lip-therapy-tin-with-aloe-vera-20g.jpg

Afaik Vaseline is probably one of the least irritating products out there; a little bit of moisture won't hurt the blister, and the Vaseline will act as a barrier from the water/shampoo. I put it around my hairline when I'm dying my hair so I don't look I have bloodstains on my scalp :pac:

I desperately need to get a trim before my cousin's wedding next week. My sister went to a salon in town that gave her a wash, cut, blow dry and treatment for 30euro, must try them :)

• Advertisement

I wouldn't use a plaster. Get some proper bandages and tape and tape it on. It should be fine getting wet anyway and it will keep the shampoo out
    I might try this actually. Will be in town tomorrow so can pick up some bandages and meditape then, thanks MCR. :D

Someone take the haribo tangfastics off me before I eat them. Addictive things they are.

Also managed to get the Asics 2170 transferred to my local store, should be able to get them next week or the week after. Yus. :cool:

Can pick up the running leggings etc in Dunnes for buttons.

EmilyO wrote: »
    Afaik Vaseline is probably one of the least irritating products out there; a little bit of moisture won't hurt the blister, and the Vaseline will act as a barrier from the water/shampoo. I put it around my hairline when I'm dying my hair so I don't look I have bloodstains on my scalp :pac:

I desperately need to get a trim before my cousin's wedding next week. My sister went to a salon in town that gave her a wash, cut, blow dry and treatment for 30euro, must try them :)
    I might try a bit of the vaseline on the burn/blister later and see how it is and if there's no reaction I might just use vaseline instead of bandages.

What salon was it your sister went to? Presumably it was in Dublin.

The salon my other goes to charges around €2 for a wash and cut and a blow dry is €22 I think.

The salon I go to charge €55 for a wash cut and blow dry, I haven't been to a hairdresser since August last year, my hair is in bad need of a cut at this stage, the ends of it are in bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I might try a bit of the vaseline on the burn/blister later and see how it is and if there's no reaction I might just use vaseline instead of bandages.

What salon was it your sister went to? Presumably it was in Dublin.

The salon my other goes to charges around €2 for a wash and cut and a blow dry is €22 I think.

The salon I go to charge €55 for a wash cut and blow dry, I haven't been to a hairdresser since August last year, my hair is in bad need of a cut at this stage, the ends of it are in bits.

If someone can help you wash your hair over the bath of something that might help too :)

No this salon is in Tullamore, I think it's called Halo. The owner is lovely and it's a tiny salon. Not too far from you actually, if you happened to be around! 55euro is very expensive, I'd be sickened to be charged that much if I wasn't getting a colour.

I love getting a trim; I hate losing the length but my hair feels all shiny and new again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Not Pregnant. Probably.

*High-fives uterus*
    Me neither, bought a test this morning!

So it's just my hormones making feel crap, yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Aw boo, I wanted more babies! :(

EmilyO wrote: »
    If someone can help you wash your hair over the bath of something that might help too :)

No this salon is in Tullamore, I think it's called Halo. The owner is lovely and it's a tiny salon. Not too far from you actually, if you happened to be around! 55euro is very expensive, I'd be sickened to be charged that much if I wasn't getting a colour.

I love getting a trim; I hate losing the length but my hair feels all shiny and new again :)
    No one to help me unfortunately, can't ask the mammy as she'll only moan :rolleyes: And I definitely ain't asking my granny lol.

Won't be near Tullamore any time soon unfortunately :( Aye my hair feels so nice after a trim, like you, I want to keep length in my hair.

Well, it's taken me years to get it this long I don't want it chopped off :pac:

There are a couple of other salons near me, but I don't know what they are like and I don't want to risk someone butchering my hair either :o

Aye €55 is expensive, that's why I haven't been back since last year, my mother said to me a few times "save a tenner a week and you can get it done in a month", I don't have a tenner a week to spend on my hair lol, wish I did though.

I always wonder how people can afford to go to the hairdressers 2-3 times a month, it must cost them a small fortune.

Novella wrote: »
    Aw boo, I wanted more babies! :(

off you go so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

off you go so :pac:

Just give me a moment, need to find me a baby daddy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Novella wrote: »
    Just give me a moment, need to find me a baby daddy :pac:

Now where's Krudler when you need him? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Does anyone know if you have someone blocked on facebook but they are friends with one of your friends if they can see photos tagged of you and the common friend?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement