Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

great will look into that if it helps me fly wit ease. it must be under seat selection not priority. will look at ryanair booking process again! cheers

Costs €15 extra on Ryanair to book an emergency exit row seat, should be an optional extra when the flight is booked and again at check-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Off out for my first walk/run (C25K style) in aaaaaaaaaaaages. Have decided to just do every second run and walk through the others, until I build my fitness up. Made the mistake of assuming my knees/hips wouldn't try to kill me last time, so I'll compromise this time :o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Does anyone know if you have someone blocked on facebook but they are friends with one of your friends if they can see photos tagged of you and the common friend?

Yes, they can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Yes, they can

Ah crapfork.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

yeah but can be worth it with ryanair as like peas in a pod. I recked they would allow seat once paid more..and flight is relatively cheap anyway. Wonder can i find out if seat available before booking.. prob not!!
    Able bodied and over a certain age as far as i rem.

Polloloca wrote: »
    I'm always the last person on the plane because I'm usually drunk/too lazy to que. B grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I'd rather like my results and payday, right now.... even one of them would be nice!
    Having a nice chilled day in work today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Off out for my first walk/run (C25K style) in aaaaaaaaaaaages. Have decided to just do every second run and walk through the others, until I build my fitness up. Made the mistake of assuming my knees/hips wouldn't try to kill me last time, so I'll compromise this time :o:)
    Enjoy :) Sounds like a good plan, build it up slowly if you need to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Novella wrote: »
    Just give me a moment, need to find me a baby daddy :pac:

<_<
    >_>

/poses nonchalantly with extensive list of positive genetic traits taped to forehead

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Albection wrote: »
    <_<
    >_>

/poses nonchalantly with extensive list of positive genetic traits taped to forehead

Get your coat ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Just woke up from a one hour nap and I'm still wrecked. How can I be so tired? :(

• Advertisement

Enjoy :) Sounds like a good plan, build it up slowly if you need to.

Yeah. It's so tempting to just launch into it full steam, I'm a teeeeeny bit impatient like that!

I'm more interested in improving my fitness at this stage, tbh, rather than exercising purely to lose weight. I figure that'll happen along the way, and I think I'll find it easier when I'm not focusing exclusively on weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

No one to help me unfortunately, can't ask the mammy as she'll only moan :rolleyes: And I definitely ain't asking my granny lol.

Won't be near Tullamore any time soon unfortunately :( Aye my hair feels so nice after a trim, like you, I want to keep length in my hair.

Well, it's taken me years to get it this long I don't want it chopped off :pac:

There are a couple of other salons near me, but I don't know what they are like and I don't want to risk someone butchering my hair either :o

Aye €55 is expensive, that's why I haven't been back since last year, my mother said to me a few times "save a tenner a week and you can get it done in a month", I don't have a tenner a week to spend on my hair lol, wish I did though.

I always wonder how people can afford to go to the hairdressers 2-3 times a month, it must cost them a small fortune.

Ah I see, could your bf help?

See I'm a bit fearless with my hair, I'll try anything once! It is worth shopping around, maybe ask people you know (who have nice hair!) for recommendations. There's no need to spend so much on a wash cut and blow dry these days.
    Yeah my neighbour used to have her hair washed and dried three times a week in the hairdresser's. They're flat broke now, go figure :rolleyes:

Off to the pool now with my boyfriend to embarrass myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm in such a good mood today. :D

Hope everyone else is well. :)

EmilyO wrote: »
    Ah I see, could your bf help?

See I'm a bit fearless with my hair, I'll try anything once! It is worth shopping around, maybe ask people you know (who have nice hair!) for recommendations. There's no need to spend so much on a wash cut and blow dry these days.
    Yeah my neighbour used to have her hair washed and dried three times a week in the hairdresser's. They're flat broke now, go figure :rolleyes:

Off to the pool now with my boyfriend to embarrass myself :pac:
    He could help, but I don't know how 'helpful' he'd be lol. I reckon he'd get frustrated pretty quickly and give up, might ask him though, could be worth it for his reaction alone :pac:

I wish I was fearless with my hair lol. One time I went in somewhere to get a fringe and layers and the girl gave me an arched fringe and a bob style. I cried when I got home, my mother cried too when she saw it. It was awful, absolutely awful.

It was like this - http://www.4738.com/uploads/allimg/101208/145T911M-0.jpg but with this fringe http://www.hji.co.uk/hjimages/images/qhs786/hji/medium/2006-bob-straight.jpg

For months afterwards I had to have little slide clips in my fringe to keep it back.

I used to have a row of the slider clips across the top of my hair, it look ridiculous, but better than the fringe lol.

Three times a week?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My mam gets her hair done in the hairdressers at least twice a week. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Just woke up from a one hour nap and I'm still wrecked. How can I be so tired? :(
    Apparently it has to do with your sleep cycle. So supposing your sleep cycle is 15 mins, you will only not be tired waking up from a nap if you wake up at the end of a cycle (ie at 15, 30, 45 mins etc). If you wake up in the middle of the cycle it makes you tired. I can't remember how to work out the length of your sleep cycle but I will find out...

Apparently it has to do with your sleep cycle. So supposing your sleep cycle is 15 mins, you will only not be tired waking up from a nap if you wake up at the end of a cycle (ie at 15, 30, 45 mins etc). If you wake up in the middle of the cycle it makes you tired. I can't remember how to work out the length of your sleep cycle but I will find out...
    Huh?

Can you post a link when you have more info please? :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Albection wrote: »
    <_<
    >_>

Taping things to your forehead may not be universally taken as a positive trait:pac:

Huh?

Can you post a link when you have more info please? :o

In a nutshell. It's thought that we sleep in cycles of about 90 minutes, and go through various stages of sleep in those 90 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

How many times am I going to exit out of a report that took me hours to do without hitting "Save" before I learn my lesson?!

• Advertisement

Thanks WesternNight, gonna have a read of that link now. :)
    coco_lola wrote: »
    How many times am I going to exit out of a report that took me hours to do without hitting "Save" before I learn my lesson?!
    Too many. :pac:

/sorry

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I would happily curl up on the floor and go asleep, it's so flippin warm and heavy, I can barely keep my eyes open. Also it's dead quiet so the combination of quietness and boredom is making me want to go to the shop to buy goodies

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I would happily curl up on the floor and go asleep, it's so flippin warm and heavy, I can barely keep my eyes open. Also it's dead quiet so the combination of quietness and boredom is making me want to go to the shop to buy goodies

I depsise this weather, just feel ill all day from how muggy it is, roll on the autumn and winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My daughter got her first trophy today, she did the school sprints and came joint second. Out of 45 girls.

She also got bronze in the sprints sorry I mean team relays

:D another 2 to go on to her wall of fame.....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

planning my halloween costume, yeaaah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Remember that story that I got published a while ago? It was about drug addiction and there's a joke about meth addicts in it. It's up on my blog, got a new follower after someone read it and I clicked through to see what their blog is about. Turns out they're intensely religious so it's a "god blog" and they're, wait for it, a recovering meth addict.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Whilst chopping vegetables for a curry I appear to have come across some super powered onions. My eyes are still streaming 10 minutes later and to make things worse I just managed to get chilli in my eye :( To top it off our internet connection is acting the maggott. It has not been a good afternoon!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

He could help, but I don't know how 'helpful' he'd be lol. I reckon he'd get frustrated pretty quickly and give up, might ask him though, could be worth it for his reaction alone :pac:

I wish I was fearless with my hair lol. One time I went in somewhere to get a fringe and layers and the girl gave me an arched fringe and a bob style. I cried when I got home, my mother cried too when she saw it. It was awful, absolutely awful.

It was like this - http://www.4738.com/uploads/allimg/101208/145T911M-0.jpg but with this fringe http://www.hji.co.uk/hjimages/images/qhs786/hji/medium/2006-bob-straight.jpg

For months afterwards I had to have little slide clips in my fringe to keep it back.

I used to have a row of the slider clips across the top of my hair, it look ridiculous, but better than the fringe lol.

Three times a week?! :eek:

Oh god I would have asked for my money back! I hate when hairdressers don't listen to what you want! Heh I got a full fringe in February but I've grown it out again, too much hassle.
    Yeah, it's just burning money like. She couldn't actually afford it in the first place.

And yes to the weather being icky. Hot and sunny is lovely but this humid shoite isn't flying with me.

• Advertisement

Roesy wrote: »
    Whilst chopping vegetables for a curry I appear to have come across some super powered onions. My eyes are still streaming 10 minutes later and to make things worse I just managed to get chilli in my eye :( To top it off our internet connection is acting the maggott. It has not been a good afternoon!!
    Oh I hate chopping onions for that very reason. I always look like I am crying when I am chopping onions.
    EmilyO wrote: »
    Oh god I would have asked for my money back! I hate when hairdressers don't listen to what you want! Heh I got a full fringe in February but I've grown it out again, too much hassle.
    Yeah, it's just burning money like. She couldn't actually afford it in the first place.

And yes to the weather being icky. Hot and sunny is lovely but this humid shoite isn't flying with me.
    Hairdressers not listening is exactly why I won't go back to my old hairdressers.

They rarely listened to what I wanted. One time I asked for a trim and layers, the gave me a strip down each side of my face, and didn't bother trimming my hair.

I didn't say anything at the time as I was far too quiet/reserved and would never open my mouth, but it was the last time I had my hair done in there. It costs me over €40 for a wash/cut/blow-dry, and the other newer salon I go to charge €55 so I'd rather spend the extra €10 and get what I want and leave happy.

The hairdresser for €55, is so nice and friendly and helpful, when I went in for a consultation before getting my hair done properly he was so helpful, he went through various different styles and gave me a style that really suited me, but I know, if I went in asking for a style that didn't suit me, he'd advise me, but still give me what I asked for.

Having some yummy pasta now as I am starving :

Also, does anyone want a lodger? I can cook/clean/tidy up etc, just have no money!

Just had a row with my granny again after she deliberately tried causing trouble. I should ignore her I know, but it's difficult when living with her, she is impossible. She is a walking devil who loves nothing more than insulting and upsetting me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement