Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

EmilyO wrote: »
    Ah that's sweet though :)
    My boyfriend has and will never see me wearing my retainers, they're the big wire and plastic ones that make me look like an ice hockey player. Not exactly appropriate for the bedroom ;)

I know, it is sweet bless him :) He doesn't even notice when I have them on, but then I had the braces of them on every day for 2 years and hardly anybody noticed, the joy of Invisalign! My bridesmaid, one of my best friends, didn't realise I had them for a year in 2010/2011 until 5 days ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Hello ladies, don't post in this forum much but check it on a regular basis, looking forward to popping into this thread every now and then x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

4 weeks till i am a Mammy :O

no one mentioned the constant crotch pain when baby is head down :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Made the boy one of these for his birthday today, but it was one geared for him (obv :P)
    funny-pictures-cats-what-people-think-i-do-vs-what-i-really-do.jpg

He really liked it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Acoshla wrote: »
    I know, it is sweet bless him :) He doesn't even notice when I have them on, but then I had the braces of them on every day for 2 years and hardly anybody noticed, the joy of Invisalign! My bridesmaid, one of my best friends, didn't realise I had them for a year in 2010/2011 until 5 days ago!

How long are you supposed to wear a retainer for?

• Advertisement

How long are you supposed to wear a retainer for?

Forevers! Down to every second/third night now, for the first year it was meant to be every night. Top teeth are bonded now at the back so they're pretty safe, can go 4-5 nights without, but bottom teeth aren't so have to wear them more often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Just had to cancel another doctor's appointment for me.

There's something more than a little wrong when I'm too busy learning about how to take care of other people that I can't find the time to ask someone to take care of me. :(

I also hope I wasn't too rude on the answering machine, I was going for short and sweet, may have just been short and blunt. :o

Forevers! Down to every second/third night now, for the first year it was meant to be every night. Top teeth are bonded now at the back so they're pretty safe, can go 4-5 nights without, but bottom teeth aren't so have to wear them more often.

I had braces when I was 14-16. I don't remember being told how long to wear them for when they came off. I think I wore them most of the time for the first few months, and then intermittently for maybe a year or two. Haven't worn them at all since. They've shifted back a little bit, especially the bottom ones. Poor stupid me, heh.

I had braces when I was 14-16. I don't remember being told how long to wear them for when they came off. I think I wore them most of the time for the first few months, and then intermittently for maybe a year or two. Haven't worn them at all since. They've shifted back a little bit, especially the bottom ones. Poor stupid me, heh.

My teeth are very determined to be crooked, my best friend spent years with train tracks and boyf had them for 11 years, friend's teeth are quite crooked again now so they both had me warned to wear retainer. One of my teeth can move in a couple of days, before it was bonded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I know a girl who never wore her retainers, so the parents got her another set of braces :rolleyes:
    I wear mine once a week just to keep them in place, but my teeth are bonded so they don't move too much. I'd love to have my teeth whitened though, they're straight but yellow :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I had train tracks when I was a teenager. I got them taken off when I was around sixteen, and was supposed to wear my retainer for the next five years.

I didn't.

Now my teeth look like this.

Don't end up like me, Acoshla ... :(

EmilyO wrote: »
    I know a girl who never wore her retainers, so the parents got her another set of braces :rolleyes:

:eek:

Jaysus I'd say that'd be fairly rough on the jaw, no? Once was plenty!

I'm probably looking at having (all) my wisdom teeth out in the next couple of years, so at least then there'd be a bit more room in my gob for my teeth to back away a bit from one another... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I had braces for years and years, and I have honestly NEVER worn my retainer and I've had my braces off for six years. (SIX YEARS?! Where did that go?!) I do have that little metal bar behind my top and bottom teeth though, not sure if that's what you guys mean by bonded.

I have no wisdom teeth left, it made my teeth worse because they moved wherever they liked. Bonding is like this hard stuff that sticks your teeth together at the back so they keep each other in place. I just have a patch of it on 3 teeth holding the worst culprit in place.

I have no wisdom teeth left, it made my teeth worse because they moved wherever they liked.

:(

I think I should go to bed now.

Will probably dream about all my teeth falling out. Which, admittedly, would solve all of the above problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭ilikepears

Was just browsing though this thread n I never realised that wearing your retainer was so important. Had braces for a few years and I've recently noticed my top teeth are becoming more crooked. My dentist told when I didn't need my retainer anymore as it no longer fitted my teeth and he never gave me a new one. I went to him 2 years ago to point out I felt one tooth was crooked and he basically just said no it isn't and charged me 65 euro for that. Seriously I was only in there 5 min. Do u think it would be expensive to get another retainer?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm just thinking of this 41782_113960368662939_4378_n.jpg now reading all these crooked teeth posts!

big-book-of-british-smiles.jpg

Feeling kinda.....restless

Jaysus- a helicopter just flew so low over my house I swear I was waiting for the CRASH as it landed on my roof demolishing the place! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Just did some revision there seeing as I'm wide awake :rolleyes: My french is getting good, I'm surprised with how much I've progressed in one month.

I love language.. Does that sound nerdy? *snort*

• Advertisement

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    I love language.. Does that sound nerdy? *snort*
    So do I, but I'm crap at languages- and I lack a good work ethic. I get bored easily and if I'm not good right away I move on. Well that's what I did with French, Irish, Spanish, French again, Italian and French once more.

Posy wrote: »
    So do I, but I'm crap at languages- and I lack a good work ethic. I get bored easily and if I'm not good right away I move on. Well that's what I did with French, Irish, Spanish, French again, Italian and French once more.

I actually need to kick my arse with English, currently doing a part time Diploma in English Language and Literature and I'm finding that a lot more tricky than french. I find learning a new language from scratch easier because I have gained too many bad habits growing up (grammar, spelling, punctuation, :rolleyes:) I'm doing okay though, I think if it was a forced course I'd get sick of it but because I'm eager to learn I'm enjoying it.

I'm doing so much leanring at the minute and I'm actually loving it! Who would have though eh? :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Why can't I sleeeeeep?!

Anybody awake?? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanybody?

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Anybody awake?? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanybody?

Oh Hai! \:D/

i wear my retainer a lot at night, if it feels tight it's more important to wear it

i chickened out of wearing the dress today :o looked lovely but i'm not used to wearing nice things to work :p wearing the other new clothes today and feeling pretty :cool::cool:

brekky time soon...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I've been up since 5 despite not falling asleep until 1:30, I think a LARGE coffee is needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm pretty sure I swallowed my retainer. Woke up one night choking on it. Then the following morning I woke up and it was gone. Never to be seen again.

Is anyone watching True Blood? New season started yesterday. It's so good.

I'm pretty sure I swallowed my retainer. Woke up one night choking on it. Then the following morning I woke up and it was gone. Never to be seen again.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Really not in the mood for going back to work today!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement