Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Adam Levine is the biggest ridy mc riderson ever:D

Yes. :D

I know people have the right to write whatever they want on their Facebook status' but there's one guy on my friends list that just write everything on it, and I mean everything like really explicit stuff..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I have 460 friends on facebook. WTF? How'd that happen. :confused:

OK over a hundred of them are deleted profiles(how come they are in your count as actual friends now when the profiles don't exist?) or businesses/races/clubs with facebook friend pages. I'm really paranoid about my high friend count. Don't realise how many people you 'know' until you look at that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Actually, there's a glitch that means that some people are seeing a higher friends number than they actually have, usually by about 40 or so.

(I stalk some Facebook developers...)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Actually, there's a glitch that means that some people are seeing a higher friends number than they actually have, usually by about 40 or so.

(I stalk some Facebook developers...)

Phew, I started getting paranoid as it crept towards 400, so had no idea how it all of a sudden started getting closer to 500 than 4. I need to start filtering my friend requests - only the worthy from now on. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I knew I had extra friendies!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I keep my friends list at 150. I don't trust very many people and figure there's probably not anymore than 150 people that I'd be confident about knowing my business. If I get to 150 and need to add another person I reassess my friends list and delete whoever i'm not in contact with.

My friends list, photos and the option to view what others post to my wall are all on private. So basically all as people can see are status updates and what they write themselves. I'm not very interesting to stalk. I also have to review and authorise any content I'm tagged in. Puts a stop to me being tagged in different locations or in statuses. I'm very boring but terribly paranoid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I have 475, and I've deleted over 100 in the last 6 months. I've been to so many places and worked so many different jobs that friends just build up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I think my FB blocked list is longer than my friends list :/

I have found my cv solution!!

1234resume-t-shirt-thumb-450x328-99928.jpg

Make this and walk around town. I'm sure someone will hire me then :D

Sometimes.. you just have to wonder.

Although I did discover a new band I like so it's not all bad.

So we can Facebook at work, go on YouTube, watch movies, post on Boards (obviously 'cause here I am!) but we can't play Tetris? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I have 748. I delete a few every now and then but usually can't be arsed. Some people get very offended if you delete them on facebook :/

Going to head off to bed now soon. It's my boyfriend's birthday on Thursday so I'm going to see him. As a surprise I'm making him some cupcakes that he really likes. Tomorrow morning was the only time I could bake without there being a massive kerfuffle over it so I have to be up at 7.30am. The things you do for love, eh? :rolleyes:

Night night everybody. :)

Hope he really likes those cupcakes, Jane! :) Night! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Nora Ephron died. We're losing so many great writers this year. :(
    Films like Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail and When Harry Met Sally are just classic romantic comedies. There isn't anyone writing those reliably today.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Nora Ephron died. We're losing so many great writers this year. :(
    Films like Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail and When Harry Met Sally are just classic romantic comedies. There isn't anyone writing those reliably today.

yeah, saw that on twitter earlier, she wasn't expected to last the night :(

Twisted around in the chair last night and managed to hurt my back. Wanted to go for a walk but can't now. I'll rest a bit and see later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I found my ring!

(It was beside my vagina)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I found my ring!

(It was beside my vagina)

What's that? :pac:

God, I'm so wrecked. Arguing is a miserable way to spend an evening, especially when you come out of it with work to do and you really need to work on your short story for Saturday.

Need more caffiene.

Hope you're okay Das Kitty. :)

Have my bf's cupcakes in the oven now. Think I might go for a short walk when I have them done and come back and knit for a bit.

I really need to learn how to cool actual meals.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Lovely morning here... wish I was heading off to the park on my bike rather than cycling into work :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Thoot.jpg

This is a letter that my daughter wrote to the "Thoot Fairy" last night, it just made me smile so much :D

Still no wages in Ulster Bank :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

It was 27 degrees in my room last night! Impossible to keep the place cool in this heat...and the HSE says a baby's room should be 19 degrees....So baby is sleeping in his nappy! Love heat and sun but this is ridiculous!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

It was 27 degrees in my room last night! Impossible to keep the place cool in this heat...and the HSE says a baby's room should be 19 degrees....So baby is sleeping in his nappy! Love heat and sun but this is ridiculous!

Frig the HSE. That bloody book, I call it the guilt book.

The cot death rates are no higher in warmer climates than they are in cooler ones. Silly having parents lying awake worrying because they can't control the temperature in the summer in their child's room.

I think the intention is that people don't overheat the baby's room in the winter.

no payday for me, silly ulster bank

i think i have fewer than 100 friends on fb, i'm a bit fussy
    could be a bit more though, i haven't a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Payday needs to hurry the frig on.... company changed it a month or two ago to last day of month instead of 24th of every month :/

At least we're BOI though.

Just got called in to cover for one of the girls on my day off... well, at least i won't be bored....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Ellie - letter is too cute haha!!
    Awww.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

My mum referred to me as 'she' last night :eek: this is a big milestone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Angel8ie

ellieh1 wrote: »

This is a letter that my daughter wrote to the "Thoot Fairy" last night, it just made me smile so much :D

Still no wages in Ulster Bank :(

Adorable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Going to head off to bed now soon. It's my boyfriend's birthday on Thursday so I'm going to see him. As a surprise I'm making him some cupcakes that he really likes. Tomorrow morning was the only time I could bake without there being a massive kerfuffle over it so I have to be up at 7.30am. The things you do for love, eh? :rolleyes:

Night night everybody. :)
    If there's any 'spare' cupcakes, I'll take them off yer hands :pac: I'm nice like that :P
    Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Hope you're okay Das Kitty. :)

Have my bf's cupcakes in the oven now. Think I might go for a short walk when I have them done and come back and knit for a bit.

I really need to learn how to cool actual meals.. :o
    Enjoy your walk, if you want any advice/tips on cooking etc, gimme a shout!

Was nice and sunny this morning, the bf and I decided we'd walk instead of taking a taxi, I was roasting when I got home, it was to humid/warm out.

Going to make my bf's birthday cake later, he's coming here after work for dinner, I dunno what to cook.

Did anyone see that programme on RTÉ1 last night with Grainne Seoige about girls being skinny? My god, some of the girls were just frighteningly skinny, it was frightening. I felt sick at some of the images, particularly the the one where you could see the rib cage protruding through the girls back. Think that pic was on a blog called 'anorexic secret', I had a look for blog, but couldn't find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Ellieh1 that is so sweet!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement