Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Thoot.jpg

This is a letter that my daughter wrote to the "Thoot Fairy" last night, it just made me smile so much :D

Still no wages in Ulster Bank :(

Thats is so cute,

2 days ago my son was eating an apple and swallowed his tooth. There was no way i was going to look for it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Has anyone else got the new beta skin? I freakin' love it :D

Anyone got any ideas on what to cook for dinner tonight? Had steak last night, chorizo-pasta the day before, lamb chops before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Anyone got any ideas on what to cook for dinner tonight? Had steak last night, chorizo-pasta the day before, lamb chops before that.

Something with chicken or fish, maybe a chicken stir-fry or a salad nicoise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I prefer the old beta skin 'cos the menus follow you down the screen!

Chicken stir fry with cashew nuts? Think I'll steal your chorizo pasta idea for tonight though!

Something with chicken or fish, maybe a chicken stir-fry or a salad nicoise?
    Might do a chicken stir fry, Mr. Muffin won't eat fish or salad.

The only fish he eats is prawns either from the Chinese or the chilli prawns from the fish shop.
    Dolorous wrote: »
    I prefer the old beta skin 'cos the menus follow you down the screen!

Chicken stir fry with cashew nuts? Think I'll steal your chorizo pasta idea for tonight though!
    How do you mean the menu follows you down the screen? I'm not quite with it, lack of food is what I blame. Going to cook breakfast now!

Might to a stir fry, it's simple, easy and delicious. Feck all cleaning up too.

If you do make that chorizo dish, you could add a splash of soy sauce to it, it might give it more of a meaty flavour and to make it spicier you could add a chilli or some dried chillie flakes :)

Alrighty, off to make breakfast now. I'm thinking rashers, eggs and toast :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

We watched the first Episode of True Love last night. It was really good.

It was subtly acted, no soap-like hyperbole. I was genuinely moved. It's improvised so it was very naturalistic. Didn't pick up my phone once.

Yay, four more episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

We're having a Thai green curry tonight, which will be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I've no appetite with the humidity, think I'll have bran flakes for dinner!

Does anybody have a reliable carrot cake with cream cheese frostin recipe? I've tried 2 different ones and they were ok but not great, don't want to chance another random one from online, hoping for a recommendation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Links234 wrote: »

That is one of my favourite dinners ever!

Links234 wrote: »
    I have never had a Thai curry before.

Is it very spicy? Any chance you could post/PM me the recipe please?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Swapped over to it there, looks good - have had the red/pink one for ages, so gonna stick with that I think :D

Fairly sure I put on the top of my PJs last night, woke up with it off :o :eek: Must have taken it off during the night, don't remember doing it at all :o

awec wrote: »
    Thai Green Curry isn't spicy at all. It's creamy.
    Does it taste like cream though? Or what does it taste like?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It doesn't taste creamy because the sauce is made with coconut milk rather than with a dairy cream. It's really nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Just discovered the joys of dropbox :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Love thai curry!! I mix the coconut cream with water though because I find it a little overpowering. You can put all sorts of fun veg into it. Yummeh

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I've had my skin set on purple for ages but I quite like the new Beta one. I'd like it even better if you could have it in purple tbh. :D

It doesn't taste creamy because the sauce is made with coconut milk rather than with a dairy cream. It's really nice :)
    That sounds lovely.

Can anyone post/PM me a good recipe for it? Depending on the ingredients I might make it tonight, can't spend too much dosh, am taking the bf out for dinner on Friday for his birthday :) Can't wait for that :D
    Just discovered the joys of dropbox :D
    What's dropbox? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

How do you mean the menu follows you down the screen? I'm not quite with it, lack of food is what I blame. Going to cook breakfast now!

The top menu bar is 'fixed' on the screen, so you don't have to scroll up to go to another forum, like this:

210526.PNG

I'm the queen of convenience me.

The tender for the restaurant in our building is up, I'm trying to subtly influence the decision based on who has the tasiest menu... sadly it doesn't work like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

So angry.
    I hate liars. Some fcuking twat thinks its perfectly ok to lie about her involvement in an incident where someone else ended up hurt.
    I should add that I'm even more infuriated considering she's works in the health profession...

Cow.
    :mad:

-loses faith in humanity all over again-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

That sounds lovely.

Can anyone post/PM me a good recipe for it? Depending on the ingredients I might make it tonight, can't spend too much dosh, am taking the bf out for dinner on Friday for his birthday :) Can't wait for that :D

What's dropbox? :o

Dropbox is magical. Any files you have on your phone you can automatically upload them to your pc/laptop, don't think you even have to be in the same room as your pc/laptop. Basically it synchronises all of your stuff. It's so handy. You download the application to your pc and download the app to your phone and away you go. It's brilliant. I had a video on my phone that was too big to send by e-mail, send by message, send by bluetooth, upload to youtube and I've just used dropbox to put it on my pc and stick it on facebook :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

hugs for Kate! xx

I hate it! Omg, I changed back to old beta. Omg, I hate the new one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/thaigreencurry_67788

This is the recipe I use for Thai green curry, and it is yum! I hope that helps The Lovely Muffin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Das Kitty wrote: »
    We watched the first Episode of True Love last night. It was really good.

It was subtly acted, no soap-like hyperbole. I was genuinely moved. It's improvised so it was very naturalistic. Didn't pick up my phone once.

Yay, four more episodes.
    I have that recorded to watch. Really looking forward to it: it got some great reviews. Might have a marathon David Tennant-admiring session at the weekend :pac:

Soooooo sleepy today. I think I'm still suffering from sleep deprivation form the weekend! :eek::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

One of my friends "liked" pretty much all of my recent activity on Facebook, I logged in this morning and had 83 notifications. Troll Level: Eleventy Billion.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Hermione* wrote: »
    I have that recorded to watch. Really looking forward to it: it got some great reviews. Might have a marathon David Tennant-admiring session at the weekend :pac:

He's only in the first one I think. Maybe I'm wrong.

But I can recommend Blackpool. Lots of Tennant sexing in that (and singing...)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Das Kitty wrote: »
    He's only in the first one I think. Maybe I'm wrong.

But I can recommend Blackpool. Lots of Tennant sexing in that (and singing...)

:D
    I've seen it. It's awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Does anybody have a reliable carrot cake with cream cheese frostin recipe? I've tried 2 different ones and they were ok but not great, don't want to chance another random one from online, hoping for a recommendation :)
    +1 for the carrot cake recipe would love a recommendation too!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I appear to have passed my flute exam :confused: :pac: :confused:. I'm repeating it in winter anyway because the result is terrible, but I'm really surprised he passed me. Even his comments suggest the results should be lower :pac:

Oh well, onwards and upwards!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

So it seems my mums serious illness, which was left misdiagnosed and untreated for 6 months, has now caused another condition. This condition, which is fairly common in women of her age, is usually easily treatable with a simple surgical procedure, cannot be treated properly in my mum, because the serious illness means she can't go under anaesthetic. Bad enough that **** doctors nearly killed her, but now she has an extra thing to suffer with. Oh yeah and a side effect of the illness is that she lost all her extra weight. Coupled with the fact that the one thing that helps her get through the day is doing her makeup and dressing nice, now extended family members and some ex workmates are now saying that there is nothing wrong with her cos she looks so well. FFS. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement