Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

coco_lola wrote: »
    One of my friends "liked" pretty much all of my recent activity on Facebook, I logged in this morning and had 83 notifications. Troll Level: Eleventy Billion.

One of my friends favourites almost all of my tweets and I get an email notification everytime. :rolleyes:

I really like the new skin a lot! :D

Just boiled 2 eggs for myself and they came out perfect! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Oh Ivy, I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. I think it's great she's still keeping her appearance nice though - small comforts shouldn't be underestimated!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Cuddles to your mom Ivy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Sorry to hear that Ivy :-( that must be very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Just boiled 2 eggs for myself and they came out perfect! :D

Whites cooked fully but yolk still runny? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I don't like the new skin. Some of the font is too big and looks like a screen shot rather than the actual site (ie, a teeny bit fuzzy).

Plus the 'submit reply' and 'preview post' buttons are the wrong way around.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

So it seems my mums serious illness, which was left misdiagnosed and untreated for 6 months, has now caused another condition. This condition, which is fairly common in women of her age, is usually easily treatable with a simple surgical procedure, cannot be treated properly in my mum, because the serious illness means she can't go under anaesthetic. Bad enough that **** doctors nearly killed her, but now she has an extra thing to suffer with. Oh yeah and a side effect of the illness is that she lost all her extra weight. Coupled with the fact that the one thing that helps her get through the day is doing her makeup and dressing nice, now extended family members and some ex workmates are now saying that there is nothing wrong with her cos she looks so well. FFS. :mad:

I know exactly how you are feeling about that - Mam is the exact same as the part in bold, and is now in a situation where she won't go out in town to do anything because she is afraid she will meet someone who will say how good she is looking, despite her being in constant pain. She also had people asking her when she was going back to work, despite her being on crutches. For ages Mam didn't have a name on her condition, and when asked why she was out, she used say arthritis in her back and hip (which she does have) and the replies she'd get back "oh sure everyone has that", or soandso has that as well, they went to XYZ - drives her nuts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Taking the wallpaper behind my bed off the wall is proving next to impossible. I have little patience for these things as it is but i feel like burying the paint scraper in whoevers ass it was that put it up. Thank Baby Jesus there's only one wall and not four. I have another nicer paper to but up but I'll be damned if another sheet of wallpaper ever goes up on any wall that I'll be responsible for removing :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

ellieh1 wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/thaigreencurry_67788

This is the recipe I use for Thai green curry, and it is yum! I hope that helps The Lovely Muffin :)
    Thanks so much Ellieh :D

Is it citrusy? Just asking cos there seems to be a lot of citrus flavours going into it. It looks lovely though.
    So it seems my mums serious illness, which was left misdiagnosed and untreated for 6 months, has now caused another condition. This condition, which is fairly common in women of her age, is usually easily treatable with a simple surgical procedure, cannot be treated properly in my mum, because the serious illness means she can't go under anaesthetic. Bad enough that **** doctors nearly killed her, but now she has an extra thing to suffer with. Oh yeah and a side effect of the illness is that she lost all her extra weight. Coupled with the fact that the one thing that helps her get through the day is doing her makeup and dressing nice, now extended family members and some ex workmates are now saying that there is nothing wrong with her cos she looks so well. FFS. :mad:
    Sorry to hear about your mum Ivy.

I remember my dad telling me that one time his sister called over to see him and she asked how he was feeling, he said he was fine, she asked was he feeling depressed (he has depression and was going through a rough patch) and he said he didn't feel depressed and she said "you don't look depressed either" :rolleyes:

Another time I was having medical tests and one of my auntie's said to me "are you sure it's not in your head?" in other words, was I imagining my symptoms, luckily I didn't have the condition. :rolleyes: Two years later and I still go for check up's to make sure I don't have the condition (my sister has it, so myself, my dad and my brother have to have check up's every few months to check if we have it or any symptoms of it).

This particular auntie I have little time for, mainly because last year she said that people with depression are selfish. :rolleyes:

Painting my nails now :)

world1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'm still in my PJ's! Managed to flake my nose with the screen of my laptop, sitting on the recliner with my laptop on my lap, and I twisted to change position on the seat, and bang! :o owie!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Is it citrusy? Just asking cos there seems to be a lot of citrus flavours going into it. It looks lovely though.

It is a little citrusy, but I think you can adjust the amount you add to suit yourself.

Huge hugs to you and all your family Ivy.

Another two hours and my course is over, hurry up time please :)

Whites cooked fully but yolk still runny? :)

Yep! Had it with toast and a lovely hot cup of tea! :D

Sorry to hear about your mum Ivy.

I remember my dad telling me that one time his sister called over to see him and she asked how he was feeling, he said he was fine, she asked was he feeling depressed (he has depression and was going through a rough patch) and he said he didn't feel depressed and she said "you don't look depressed either" :rolleyes:

Another time I was having medical tests and one of my auntie's said to me "are you sure it's not in your head?" in other words, was I imagining my symptoms, luckily I didn't have the condition. :rolleyes: Two years later and I still go for check up's to make sure I don't have the condition (my sister has it, so myself, my dad and my brother have to have check up's every few months to check if we have it or any symptoms of it).

This particular auntie I have little time for, mainly because last year she said that people with depression are selfish. :rolleyes:

Painting my nails now :)

Oh I don't understand people that have that sort of attitude. How does she make out that people with depression are selfish? :confused:

Ivy, I'm sorry about your mum. Hope she'll be okay.

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Oh I don't understand people that have that sort of attitude. How does she make out that people with depression are selfish? :confused:
    Herself and her husband are just very ignorant of depression and a lot of things and they won't listen to anyone who explains anything to them, they think they are right and that is that and are rarely open to correction.

They don't know about my depression and never will, I can just imagine the nasty comments they would make about me the talking they would do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Muffin you don't, nor does anybody else with depression, have anything to be ashamed of. I understand you not wanting to broadcast your medical conditions to people who's it's none of their business, but as long as you're remembering that having depression is as shameful as having a broken leg (ie, it's not shameful at all) and if people are too thick and stupid to realise that then i'm sorry but stupidity and ignorance is the condition to be ashamed of. Not depression.

People like that make me so angry. It's people like that that stop people who might really need help/a shoulder from getting the support they need. :mad:

Herself and her husband are just very ignorant of depression and a lot of things and they won't listen to anyone who explains anything to them, they think they are right and that is that and are rarely open to correction.

They don't know about my depression and never will, I can just imagine the nasty comments they would make about me the talking they would do.

I understand yeah. I find a lot of people don't know much at all about any sort of mental health issues tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I've found myself listening to B*witched on my lunchbreak in the office because a really old song is stuck in my head! Nicest soup ever for lunch and a nice day in work - and even better, the girl I'm covering is one who was making work a horrible place to be; and its her last day! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I've found myself listening to B*witched on my lunchbreak in the office because a really old song is stuck in my head! Nicest soup ever for lunch and a nice day in work - and even better, the girl I'm covering is one who was making work a horrible place to be; and its her last day! :D:D:D

I've had this stuck in my head for days!

Polloloca wrote: »
    Muffin you don't, nor does anybody else with depression, have anything to be ashamed of. I understand you not wanting to broadcast your medical conditions to people who's it's none of their business, but as long as you're remembering that having depression is as shameful as having a broken leg (ie, it's not shameful at all) and if people are too thick and stupid to realise that then i'm sorry but stupidity and ignorance is the condition to be ashamed of. Not depression.

People like that make me so angry. It's people like that that stop people who might really need help/a shoulder from getting the support they need. :mad:
    You are absolutely 100% right, I completely agree with you depression and other mental illnesses are nothing to be ashamed of.

The reason I've never said anything to my auntie/uncle/their kids about my depression is because I know what they are like for twisting things to make it sound worse than it it.

Sure when my other auntie was sick a while ago, the ignorant auntie told everyone that my other auntie "wasn't well at all", the other auntie was grand, not a bother on her, but the ignorant auntie just wanted to make things worse and make more drama for everyone.

I'm going to kill my brother if he doesn't stop whining at me about what he should eat. He's 19 ffs, he knows how to make toast! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

No matter how hard I try I can never get ALL the popcorn in my mouth. It ends up everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Ahh, I'm not as much of a fat ass as I thought. Bought shorts earlier and tried them on when I got home, only to find they wouldn't fit. Was putting them in my bag to exchange tomorrow when I realised I'd picked up an 8 instead of a 10, glorious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Slowly getting used to the beta skin. The scrolling menu is probably the biggest thing to get used to but I guess it's a good idea. It's very white though, seems like a lot of blank space.

I made cheesecake last night and it's set perfectly!

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Slowly getting used to the beta skin. The scrolling menu is probably the biggest thing to get used to but I guess it's a good idea. It's very white though, seems like a lot of blank space.

I love the scrolling menu I have to say. I'd love if you could change the colour scheme though because I love purple. :o

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »

I'm on the way, make sure there is some left for me!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I don't like the new skin. Some of the font is too big and looks like a screen shot rather than the actual site (ie, a teeny bit fuzzy).

Plus the 'submit reply' and 'preview post' buttons are the wrong way around.

I will have to be dragged kicking and screaming from my Cloud skin:cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

My big bro got a job! He's finally got some full time, permanent work! I'm so happy for him :D:D

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Bluewolf your recipes are going to be responsible for immense weight gain in my family! (nothing can stop me from making that cheesecake!)

I have a baking related question:

I froze an apple pie on Monday (it hadn't been baked yet, just prepared) and I was wondering if I need to defrost it before I bake it or do I just have to bake it for longer?

Thanks to anyone who can help! Im fairly sure I can just bake from frozen...just Not totally sure :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement