Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Time to get myself some breakfast now and some tea, tea, tea. Hmm maybe I should have some coffee. I've got fancy Bewleys coffee in the press that I got ages ago off my sister and keep meaning to try it, I'm not a big coffee drinker but I do love the smell mmmhhhh :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

javagal wrote: »
    4 weeks till i am a Mammy :O

no one mentioned the constant crotch pain when baby is head down :-(

Ah, Vagina-Lightening.

Thanks for the reminder. My poor husband is never going to get a second kid at this rate. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I just rediscovered the Sims 3 after a break of about 4 months playing it... Built an amazing family, fulfilled lifetime wishes, everyone seemed relatively normal except for one random evil kleptomaniac child, and then the kids had a house party and burnt everything down!! :(

coco_lola wrote: »
    I just rediscovered the Sims 3 after a break of about 4 months playing it... Built an amazing family, fulfilled lifetime wishes, everyone seemed relatively normal except for one random evil kleptomaniac child, and then the kids had a house party and burnt everything down!! :(

in sims1, if you lock them into a room with a shower, they'll shower obsessively while starving to death
    obsessively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

get to go to Dublin today and im staying with a friend!

My aunt and uncle gave me an all for one voucher for my birthday so im treating us to captain americas!! :D

I have no sexy date with guy 1 today which im not too fused about but we have rearranged it to the weekend

I have a lunch date with guy 2 tomorrow which should be interesting :)

And I havent talked to guy 3, the german one, since thursday and i wont be able to do so until sunday because he is doing stuff in Scotland for his job and i kinda miss talking to him and seeing his pretty face :(

and now my electricity is gone all day from 9.30 so i will be back on eventually

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

bluewolf wrote: »
    in sims1, if you lock them into a room with a shower, they'll shower obsessively while starving to death
    obsessively.

208586.jpg

I miss the Sims...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Moving house on Saturday! Great lovely house with wonderful housemates and a big kitchen to cook and bake in. Very delighted altogether.

obsessively.

I wanted a graveyard so I set up a house and locked Sims in the walls. Then that was boring, so I made a swimming pool with a diving board with no ladder.

Then I gave them fireworks to light in the living room (filled with wicker furniture for kindling) and took away the doors.

Yep, the Sims turned me into a right sick fcuk.

ETA-- Just saw the picture above. LOL. Yep, I'm not the only one.

obsessively.

I am a cheater and have made all their needs static... takes the fun out of it but in this game I'm focused on goals and wishes, and the pets :D

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I wanted a graveyard so I set up a house and locked Sims in the walls. Then that was boring, so I made a swimming pool with a diving board with no ladder.

Then I gave them fireworks to light in the living room (filled with wicker furniture for kindling) and took away the doors.

hee hee

i hated the way it took them an hour+ of game time just to physically get out of bed
    lazy fcuks :confused: start job at 9am? wake them up at 5am...

i used to cheat to get loads of money so i could spend ages designing pretty houses :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Das Kitty wrote: »

I did the same, except with children as they tend to yield nicer graves :eek:

hee hee

i hated the way it took them an hour+ of game time just to physically get out of bed
    lazy fcuks :confused: start job at 9am? wake them up at 5am...

i used to cheat to get loads of money so i could spend ages designing pretty houses :o

kaching, or motherlode

hurr hurr. It was all about the houses really.

The aging Sims in the later games never did it for me.

Dolorous wrote: »
    I did the same, except with children as they tend to yield nicer graves :eek:

sacrificing newborns in black&white always yielded the most prayer power :pac:
    my alignment in that game was always pure evil, blood-red skies, the "hand" was a demonic claw... :D

simcity4 was great fun, i had great times getting the education levels up and all the land values "astronomical" :pac: can't find my play disc now though

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Just did some revision there seeing as I'm wide awake :rolleyes: My french is getting good, I'm surprised with how much I've progressed in one month.

I love language.. Does that sound nerdy? *snort*

i was writing out verbs and doing exercises in german at the weekend
    for fun.
    so no :cool:

I use the "testingcheatsenabled true", hold down SHIFT key and click on the mailbox... Hello whole host of options, my favourites are

- Make me know everyone
    - Make friends for me
    - Make needs static
    - Force NPC (E.g Social worker, Grim Reaper)

Forcing the grim reaper is fun :)

You can also reset a sim back to their original age!

coco_lola wrote: »
    - Make me know everyone
    - Make friends for me
    ah sure that's no fun

talk talk talk joke joke talk talk talk hug hug talk joke kiss let's go to bed within 2 hours of meeting :cool:
    :pac:

if you people make me dig out my sims discs and reinstall... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Woke up singing wakka wakka - shakira. I seriously wonder about myself and my sub concious at times. At least I woke up feeling like dancing out of bed!

ah sure that's no fun

talk talk talk joke joke talk talk talk hug hug talk joke kiss let's go to bed within 2 hours of meeting :cool:
    :pac:

The Sims is like Coppers :eek::eek:
    if you people make me dig out my sims discs and reinstall... :pac:
    OMG Do it!! We can have a tLL Sims thread!

(I know there's a forum but it's a ghost forum :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Oh man, I spent so much time killing the sims...my friend went one creepier though, she made sim families of all of our friends' families, then killed them all. If we went to her house she'd show us "our" family graveyard. We were around 9 I'd say.

Made an infinity dress last night with my housemate for my boyfriend's graduation, it's so cool! And easy, I can't believe people pay over €100 for them! Stayed up really late tying it different ways then though.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Oh no. Someone in the office brought in Toblerone. I may have to eat it all to save the rest of them from getting fat :D

i love toblerone...
    and im SO tired
    i think i deserve a piece :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Now that I know when I'm going to Paris I'm very impatient about the whole thing...just eleven weeks to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Yohan Cabaye in his French gear after the game last night...

Dreamboat. :pac:

1815751_w2.jpg

Free tickets to Blink 182 tonight, I love my job :D

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Was asked to make that apple pie again. :D
    Need to get some ingredients.

Also need to get stuff for dinner, don't suppose anyone has any recipes they'd recommend?

i love toblerone...
    and im SO tired
    i think i deserve a piece :pac:

35ckf47.jpg

kate.m wrote: »
    Was asked to make that apple pie again. :D
    Need to get some ingredients.

Also need to get stuff for dinner, don't suppose anyone has any recipes they'd recommend?

chicken stir fry, bag of frozen "asian" stir fry by green isle i think it is - nothing added, just a nice mix of veg
    throw in some honey, cinnamon, cumin, ginger, lemon
    if you want a kick throw in some harsher spice, i like mine mild

i will also admit the only packet spice i use is el paso bbq spice, it's yummy :o

I love that asian stir fry mix. Use it all the time.

Only recently started putting honey in my stir frys. Really nice.

yummy tomato soup in the canteen

new white top

hmmm... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I reckon if I didn't play The Sims so much in the last few years, I'd have a couple of degrees and a good job by now. Maybe even a boyfriend! Instead I just have loads of perfect imaginary people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Novella wrote: »
    I reckon if I didn't play The Sims so much in the last few years, I'd have a couple of degrees and a good job by now. Maybe even a boyfriend! Instead I just have loads of perfect imaginary people.

The Sims is awesome. I like putting people in a very small box with a fridge facing backwards.

Epic trolling. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement