Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

:eek: what??!! that is a crazy amount!

thats a laptop and two ps3 both using netflix, I'd watch at least 1-2 movies a night just to have something on as background noise. HD downloads are easy 2gb+ in size if not more, HD vids on youtube a few hundred mb each at times, it all adds up. I couldnt survive on mobile broadband, couldnt care less about tv, good broadband ftw, it'd be an instant putoff of moving someplace if the net was crap.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just had a great time there reading through tonight's posts!! :eek:

bluewolf wrote: »
    i keep pausing batman and now i still have another hour left

ledger was feckin awesome in this as joker though, he really was

this guy is in it http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004801/
    and i keep being convinced he is http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005202/ from will and grace :confused:

Tom Hardy has a hard act to follow as Bane, he's a great actor though (he was phenomenal in Bronson) and its a much different part to The Joker so it'll be interesting to see how the series ends. Day off work movie for me, such a pity we have no IMAX here as it'd be amazing to see on one. I'm thinking about going as Bane for Halloween, harder costume to do than The Joker so hopefully wont be many people wearing it.

bane-tom-hardy-christian-bale-michael-caine-the-dark-knight-rises.jpg

Christian Bale dropped more weight again to play an older, battered Bruce Wayne, crazy the stuff that guy does to his body for movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

awec wrote: »
    Must be the Japanese version of Budweiser or something cause it's total bollocks in a bottle.

This made me actually LOL :D:D:D:D

Just in from my friends 21st, awesome night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Only home 15mins, sign of a good night! Today will consist of pj's, cuddles, sleeping and anything that doesn't involve too much think or moving. Sleep time now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I don't wanna be awake this early :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 PharmNS

PharmNS wrote: »
    Last day in my current job!! Woop woop!! Now to just survive the day without screaming 'I dont give a **** anymore' at the top of my lungs!

I thought it would never arrive :)

(Posting it here cos a friend just posted something sad on Facebook and I don't want to be insensitive by being all happy in their face)

I presumer you are a pharmacist. I have basically gotten offered a contract by boots, but they are really pushing me to make a decision before hospital/industry get back to me:/

Any advice?

My number one piece of advice is to look out for yourself. Be as considerate as you can with employers but ultimately prioritise yourself. Therefore, accept the boots job now and if you get another offer you prefer at a later stage just pull out from boots.
    Hospital or Industry are very difficult to get into later in your career so to pass up an opportunity now could really limit you in your career. I would think boots encounter this every single year so don't feel bad.

It has taken me a good few years of working to realise that as well as I get on with an employer - ultimately we are just a number on payroll. Put yourself first!

I can't give advice on the job with boots - I've never even done a single days Locum for them.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

krudler wrote: »
    thats a laptop and two ps3 both using netflix, I'd watch at least 1-2 movies a night just to have something on as background noise. HD downloads are easy 2gb+ in size if not more, HD vids on youtube a few hundred mb each at times, it all adds up. I couldnt survive on mobile broadband, couldnt care less about tv, good broadband ftw, it'd be an instant putoff of moving someplace if the net was crap.

what your monthly allowance with your internet provider?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

@Pixie - not sure what had me in an odd mood tbh. Just feeling down about my body I think. Not for the first time and it won't be the last.

@Mars Bar: Jealous! I love Dara O Briain! Was he good?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    @Pixie - not sure what had me in an odd mood tbh. Just feeling down about my body I think. Not for the first time and it won't be the last.

@Mars Bar: Jealous! I love Dara O Briain! Was he good?? :D

He was brilliant! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I like hangover free Sunday's :)

Me too! Also, NO MORE BOOZE BLUES! :D

coco_lola wrote: »
    Me too! Also, NO MORE BOOZE BLUES! :D

Yeah you were very needy last night.

:P

Kiera wrote: »
    Yeah you were very needy last night.

:P

SO NEEDY. I can't believe you didn't get my hints at spooning :p

SO NEEDY. I can't believe you didn't get my hints at spooning :p

Oh i did. I chose to ignore them :P

Oh i did. I chose to ignore them :P

:(

:(

Ah come on, you know i dont do touching. I did offer to play with your hair tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

NO HANGOVER!!
    White wine and Captains is my new awesome drinking plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Did anyone manage to contact almostnever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Oh halp. I hurt all over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

:mad: Can't have a shower in peace in this house! :mad:

I've been wondering about almostnever too, hope she's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just in from a 10 mile run and I have a bottle of coke, and no hangover from last night's drinks. Happy :)

what your monthly allowance with your internet provider?

500gb I think? with Magnet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Did anyone manage to contact almostnever?

I was just wondering about her this morning, I hope everything is okay with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Lola92 wrote: »
    I was just wondering about her this morning, I hope everything is okay with her.

Did I miss something? What happened?

My OH is working today so he could get an extra day off next week. Means I have to wait till next Sunday (that is nearly 2 weeks) to have a whole day with him. It seriously sucks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Just chillin' on the train with my dog at the moment (as you do). Fingers crossed no-one tries to kick us off! :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

krudler wrote: »
    500gb I think? with Magnet

nice,must cost a fair bit a month?

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Ah come on, you know i dont do touching. I did offer to play with your hair tho!

Will you braid it and paint my nails? :pac:

• Advertisement

Our 100gb cable costs us 88 euro a month.

christ thats alot,ours is 42 a month,I must find out what speed we have and download limit because I do alot of watching stream,netflixs etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement