Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

That's crazy spending 88 euro a month on Internet! I spend a tenner. Tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Just waiting on the inlaws to arrive - my mam has invited them over to dinner before the wedding, stress levels are high!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Just waiting on the inlaws to arrive - my mam has invited them over to dinner before the wedding, stress levels are high!

My inlaws invited my family for lunch the weekend of our engagement party, I was hungover, stressed and trying to make it go smoothly, not good! It was fun though, enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

awec wrote: »
    Wanted: one chauffeur.

You afraid to crash your car again :p

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    :D

My da was taking the piss out of me about that last night.

The scratches are all within an area of about an inch by 3 inches and it's gonna cost at least 300 euro, probably more to fix :(

Check this bad boy out... reversed into a pillar! 900 euro to fix!

431321_10150582894580988_1387086278_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

nice,must cost a fair bit a month?

38 quid, no contract

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Polloloca wrote: »
    That's crazy spending 88 euro a month on Internet! I spend a tenner. Tight.

Id take t'internet over tv stations hands down, i think my sister spends 70 a month on sky, fuuuuck that, tv is online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Argh my brother is gone to France for 2 weeks to see my Dad. Jealous. I woulda gone if I hadn't so many things coming up here in the next two weeks...that and not being able to get work off.

I finish work at 12 tonight! Can't wait. Earliest night in ages. Will actually sleep. Wrecked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

krudler wrote: »
    38 quid, no contract

thats very cheap,I must check if there in cork

American Netflix, huzzaaahh.. So much to watch, so little time. Need at least a week off work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Does any one here do babysitting? I've been asked to look after three kids (2, 5 and 7) for 8-10 hours for one day, well I'd be starting about 4-5 and finishing in the early hours of the morning.

Min wage works out at €69 for eight hours and €86.50 for ten hours, bearing in mind I am minding my cousins three kids.

According to my auntie the cousin said they'll give me the going rate, but I'm not sure what that is and I am only minding them for one day, so I'm unsure do I go by the minimum wage or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

ihsb wrote: »
    Lola92 wrote: »
    I was just wondering about her this morning, I hope everything is okay with her.

Did I miss something? What happened?

She posted about having a rough time iirc and that she would expand on it in the morning but then closed her boards account so a few of us were concerned. Hoping she just needed a bit of a break from here and will be back soon! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Does any one here do babysitting? I've been asked to look after three kids (2, 5 and 7) for 8-10 hours for one day, well I'd be starting about 4-5 and finishing in the early hours of the morning.

Min wage works out at €69 for eight hours and €86.50 for ten hours, bearing in mind I am minding my cousins three kids.

According to my auntie the cousin said they'll give me the going rate, but I'm not sure what that is and I am only minding them for one day, so I'm unsure do I go by the minimum wage or what?
    Going great last time I babysat 2 years ago was €10 an hour. I'd ask for that with a cap of €100.

Who closed their account now :( So many people leaving :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pembily wrote: »
    Going great last time I babysat 2 years ago was €10 an hour. I'd ask for that with a cap of €100.

almostnever and a few others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

coco_lola wrote: »
    Will you braid it and paint my nails? :pac:

Yup, would you like a French or German plait? Or i can do a pretty fishtail plait. And i love painting nails. Just not toenails.

C'mon you boys in blue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Dropped an earring when I came in from the pub last night. Can't find it now and am really worried that the puppy has/will find and eat it!
    Need food as well but look too much like a banshee to venture to the shop.

Pembily wrote: »

€10 an hour, really? Wow, I thought that you would need to have a fair bit of experience to charge €10 an hour.

I have only looked after two of these kids before, had them overnight at my house once (well it was my choice really - I wanted to spend some time with them as I rarely get to see them, once a year usually) and didn't ask to be paid for it.

The only other time I have babysat, was when my mother and I looked after my 4-5 month old baby cousin about two months ago, didn't get paid for that though I didn't mind.

Those are the only times I have babysat so I don't have much experience, although the time I looked after the two brothers, the youngest guy didn't want to go home afterwards, begged his parents to let him stay longer, so I can't have been that bad :P

I get €10 an hour, and cap it at €100. I charge a set fee for overnight stays (after midnight). It's great & easy money!
    Kiera wrote: »
    Yup, would you like a French or German plait? Or i can do a pretty fishtail plait. And i love painting nails. Just not toenails.

C'mon you boys in blue :)

Oooh French please! I'm a nail biter so I always end up chipping the nail polish.

• Advertisement

I get €10 an hour, and cap it at €100. I charge a set fee for overnight stays (after midnight). It's great & easy money!
    Do you have much experience though? I don't, I am babysitting for family and don't want to rip them off but I don't want to be taken advantage of either.

I don't know if I am staying over night or not, my auntie said that a cab will bring me home that night, but it could be at 12am or even 2-3am.

I might just go at €9 per hour, capped at €100.

Do you mind me asking - do you charge much for overnight stays? If I do end up staying overnight, should I charge for that or not? Bearing in mind I will most likely end up sleeping on the couch, as the house is only three bedrooms, which will be occupied.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Why does the house only make creepy noises when I'm home alone...

Do you have much experience though? I don't, I am babysitting for family and don't want to rip them off but I don't want to be taken advantage of either.

I don't know if I am staying over night or not, my auntie said that a cab will bring me home that night, but it could be at 12am or even 2-3am.

Do you mind me asking - do you charge much for overnight stays? If I do end up staying overnight, should I charge for that or not? Bearing in mind I will most likely end up sleeping on the couch, as the house is only three bedrooms, which will be occupied.

Well I've been babysitting since I was 13, and I babysit for 5 different families. The family I babysit for now has a disabled child, which is why I charge €10 an hour, it's a lot of responsibility. But I have years of experience with disabled and babysitting in general. As long as you are great with kids it doesnt matter how much experience you have, if you have babysat before and you do a great job, you should get the proper payment.

For overnight stays, it depends what time I start, and how long they would expect me to stay the next day. If it's just a case that they will be home late, and I'm too tired to wait up for them, and I can leave whenever the next morning, I'll just charge them up until the time they came home at.

If they want me to stay on and get the kids up/dressed breakfast etc., I'll just add on what I think is appropriate. If I've had nothing much to do, e.g. just watched tv while the kids were asleep, and didn't have to do much the next day, I will just charge up as far as when the parents got home. If I had to put kids to bed, get them up dressed etc., I'll charge up to midnight and again from when the kids wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Muffin I would charge €10 per hour but saying that I am qualified, experienced and garda vetted, in addition to being a mammy myself. I personally wouldn't charge that rate to family, not as a one off thing anyway. Saying that 3 kids if those ages will keep you busy for the day and yo would want to have a fair idea of their routines etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm wrecked. :/

i want to watch something funny but i duno what
    some kinda comedy movie
    but maybe ill watch 30 rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

bluewolf wrote: »
    i want to watch something funny but i duno what
    some kinda comedy movie
    but maybe ill watch 30 rock

How I Met Your Mother! I'm obsessed with it at the mo.

I love having nothing to do today after a hectic roasting hot week, me and my little bit of shoulder sunburn are having a lovely day, stayed in bed til 2pm, then I showered, moisturised, painted my nails, watch some tv snuggled in my comfy clothes with the dog, considering a nap now :D:p

hm that isn't funny

movie comedy search time

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

@ bluewolf - do you like stand up comedians?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

My pretty nails have been bitten to crap with this football game!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement