Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

i do but not in the mood for em

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

bluewolf wrote: »
    i want to watch something funny but i duno what
    some kinda comedy movie
    but maybe ill watch 30 rock

I watched this means war last night. I Laughed my ass off and some nice man candy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

21 Jump Street is meant to be pretty good. The Inbetweeners Movie is very good if you like the tv show. :)

Lola92 wrote: »
    I watched this means war last night. I Laughed my ass off and some nice man candy too.

Tom Hardy. Yes please. Haven't seen that film but I've seen him in a couple of other things. Yum yum. ;)

i think i might just switch and watch inception again

love the music
    dun dun dun dun
    decided im in an "interesting make you think" mood instead

even if this will be in my brain

38943_636060343207_39601387_36420974_747287_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I feel like absolute **** today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

All night partying has taken everything out of me. I want to change the channel but don't want to walk across the room to get the remote :rolleyes: I guess I'll be watching Power Rangers for the next couple of hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

everything ok Links??!

my parents are packing their bags....free house all week awh yea :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

2012-07-01170559.jpg

Just made this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

coco_lola wrote: »
    Well I've been babysitting since I was 13, and I babysit for 5 different families. The family I babysit for now has a disabled child, which is why I charge €10 an hour, it's a lot of responsibility. But I have years of experience with disabled and babysitting in general. As long as you are great with kids it doesnt matter how much experience you have, if you have babysat before and you do a great job, you should get the proper payment.

For overnight stays, it depends what time I start, and how long they would expect me to stay the next day. If it's just a case that they will be home late, and I'm too tired to wait up for them, and I can leave whenever the next morning, I'll just charge them up until the time they came home at.

If they want me to stay on and get the kids up/dressed breakfast etc., I'll just add on what I think is appropriate. If I've had nothing much to do, e.g. just watched tv while the kids were asleep, and didn't have to do much the next day, I will just charge up as far as when the parents got home. If I had to put kids to bed, get them up dressed etc., I'll charge up to midnight and again from when the kids wake up.
    Lola92 wrote: »
    Muffin I would charge €10 per hour but saying that I am qualified, experienced and garda vetted, in addition to being a mammy myself. I personally wouldn't charge that rate to family, not as a one off thing anyway. Saying that 3 kids if those ages will keep you busy for the day and yo would want to have a fair idea of their routines etc.
    Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate your help. :)

What would you recommend charging for family? The boys are very active, I will have to feed them, wash them, entertain them, then put them to bed.

They don't have a set time for going to bed, but are usually asleep by 9-10pm.

There's also a chance I might have to watch another cousin on the same day, who is 2.5yrs, not 100 sure on that yet though, I forgot to mention this in my previous posts, apologies. :o The 2.5yo's mum will come home and put him to bed at 6pm (he sleeps from 6pm to 6am) and she will most likely have him fed by the then (he gets his dinner around 4-5pm I think), so he won't be any work really.

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    I feel like absolute **** today :(

What's up? *hugs for Links*
    2012-07-01170559.jpg

Just made this :D

Sweet Jesus that looks amazing! Recipe? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

http://www.donalskehan.com/2010/01/crunchie-sticky-banoffee-pie/

I used that recipe and added in a bit extra of everything because my tin was a bit big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

So, I made a cheesecake while I was a bit tipsy last night. Just had some now, as I was far too sick all day to try it and it was gorgeous! It set properly, the base stayed attached the the rest of it, it wasn't wobbly and it was edible.

You have no idea how incredibly proud of myself I am. Usually if i make something, it goes into the toaster or the microwave. (even pizzas are cooked in the microwave)

Thank you pixiebean! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Hope all is alright Links x

Pixie-Fairy, the main thing I miss about when I lived at home was that free house feeling! The day my parents would leave I'd normally organise a session, gave me a few days to get tidied up after :p It's not as much fun trashing my own house.

Pixiebean that looks amazing!!!

Things I wish I could unlearn how to make today: 5 minute mug cake.
    I is full of chocolatey yum

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

For all those loungers feeling down in the dumps or in need of a laugh...

everything ok Links??!

mum was having goes at me earlier, brought me to tears in the middle of a shop :(

we went out yesterday and left the top window open in the upstairs room and forgot about it, so it got soaked with rain, and now there's a horrible damp smell. been trying to dry the damp patch in the carpet with a hairdryer but it was taking ages, so I gave up. been sniffling and sneezing all day today now, and I think it might be related to the window being open. anyone have a good idea of how to deal with the damp?

otherwise, I'm just feeling totally drained, no motivation to do anything, got loads of stuff to do but can't be arsed, just... today ****ing sucks.

mum was having goes at me earlier, brought me to tears in the middle of a shop :(

we went out yesterday and left the top window open in the upstairs room and forgot about it, so it got soaked with rain, and now there's a horrible damp smell. been trying to dry the damp patch in the carpet with a hairdryer but it was taking ages, so I gave up. been sniffling and sneezing all day today now, and I think it might be related to the window being open. anyone have a good idea of how to deal with the damp?

otherwise, I'm just feeling totally drained, no motivation to do anything, got loads of stuff to do but can't be arsed, just... today ****ing sucks.

Bleh.

Nicolas Cage will help. Trust your uncle Kitty.

I hate nic cage :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

*HUGS* :(

lol kitteh can try help (i know she cant but she is cute :))

fix+computer.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bluewolf wrote: »
    i think i might just switch and watch inception again

love the music
    dun dun dun dun
    decided im in an "interesting make you think" mood instead

even if this will be in my brain

38943_636060343207_39601387_36420974_747287_n.jpg

if you have netflix watch Primer, it'll melt your brain

found something that really made me laugh :D

WgaAi.gif

I hate nic cage :(

Me too, but that's why the vid is funny. He's a horrible, horrible actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Scouting all weekend. Burned my hand on a hot pan and the poured hot grease down my leg. In a world of hurt! On my couch inmy pyjamas with a takeaway watching Bride Wars, it's very soothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Das Kitty wrote: »

only recently though, he was great in stuff like Leaving Las Vegas, Raising Arizona, The Rock, his tax worries means he'll be in any old sh1te for a payday these days

krudler wrote: »
    only recently though, he was great in stuff like Leaving Las Vegas, Raising Arizona, The Rock, his tax worries means he'll be in any old sh1te for a payday these days

Ah now. The films were good rather than him, never been a fan tbh.

I feel like watching the Wickerman remake just for the laugh.

Das Kitty wrote: »

Kick Ass was about the only thing I liked him in, but I think it only worked because they needed a really cheeseball actor for that role. I heard they actually wanted him to play Neo in the Matrix at one point, and he turned down the role. say what you want about Keanu, he's not that awful.

oh I found the vid of the death goat :pac:

lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Ah Nicolas Cage, I love to hate him to be honest. He has an oscar yet Liam Neeson doesn't. Some things are just wrong.

I has a foot spa!! And super posh foot oils. I love my boyfriends mammy, she's spoils my feetsies *watches euro finals while feet are pampered*

inception was still good

bluewolf seal of approval

now to pack up and head to dublin

• Advertisement

oh also, good cheery up pic, probably NSFW: http://i.imgur.com/j1oOb.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement