Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I think he's got something wrong with his stomach. Lately he's been throwing up right after meals. Not after every meal but enough to make me think that there might be something wrong. The same thing happened before about 3 years ago and they found nothing wrong but surely that can't be normal can it? Not asking for medical advice here, just stating my opinion.

bring him to the doctor to be on the safe side! better safe than sorry!!

hope he gets better soon :) xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

bubblefett wrote: »
    For a quick solution you could try putting baking soda on the carpet and leaving it overnight, then hoovering the next day? might help remove the smell. If you have shake n vac, even better.

I've got baking powder, not soda, will this be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

In my opinion it's always worth getting things like that checked out, especially if it's reoccuring. But in my experience getting any man to a doctor over something like that is easier said than done!
    Hope he's okay x
    bring him to the doctor to be on the safe side! better safe than sorry!!

hope he gets better soon :) xxx

Yeah tbh it's like talking to a brick wall trying to get him to go to the doctor. I think he won't go because he'll have to tell Mam and she has a habit of making mountains out of molehills. But he can go on his own, he's 19. I'm stone broke at the moment but if I thought he would go I'd give him the €50 for the doctor fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Links234 wrote: »
    I've got baking powder, not soda, will this be ok?

Emm I honestly don't know, I've only ever used baking soda myself :/ I don't know if powder would work the same...

Emm I honestly don't know, I've only ever used baking soda myself :/ I don't know if powder would work the same...

quick google tells me they both have sodium bicarbonate, so...

gotta do something, you've no idea how bad this smells! :(

• Advertisement

quick google tells me they both have sodium bicarbonate, so...

gotta do something, you've no idea how bad this smells! :(

In that case I'd say go for it, it can hardly make it worse. I hope it improves it for you x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Links if you are unsure ask in the food and drink forum! :)

sprinkled all over where it got wet, leaving it overnight, so off to bed now

sprinkled all over where it got wet, leaving it overnight, so off to bed now

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Did anyone manage to contact almostnever?

Jeez, I forgot to report back. She is fine. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Successful morning :)

Updated blogs, cleaned sittingroom and the kitchen. Have to make a start on the bedrooms later!

I think I'll have to coffee it up this morning.

i had a dream last night i read that 50 shades book :confused:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »

Nightmare? :D

Third visit to the Osteopath today. This is taking longer than usual. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bluewolf wrote: »

there's a few women I work with reading them at the moment, I get daily updates of where they are in the books. I kinda zoned out after "they're not as good as Twilight now but..." :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I had an anxiety dream where the wedding was tomorrow and there was nothing organised, and the choir cancelled at the last minute (a choir that doesn't exist IRL) :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Hope all ye lads and lassies are well today!

I nearly had a heart attack this morning, my fella is having an interview for a super-mega-job this morning, so I was stressed out anyway. His interview was scheduled for 10.30, he left here at 9.45 (and it takes 10 mins to get there). I get a phonecall from the place at 10.40 from the job, asking where is he and is he still coming to the interview!!! I was imagining all sorts, accident, panic attack etc. So I call him on his mobile, no answer,just rang out. AAAAAHHHHH

5 mins later the woman calls me back to tell me that it's ok, he was being interviewed when she rang but no one had informed her that he had arrived. NOW I am feeling relieved, but also guilty cos if the phone was ringing, eepp! Also I left a message, and the mobile message service rings the phone twice to tell you you have a messsage. Also, when the woman rang, the baby was crying, so now they know he has a child (usually better not to mention that in a interview. BAALLLLLLLLSSSS....

/hysterics/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Woke up with a sore throat. Boo!

Fingers crossed for your oh and the job ivy, and that his phone was on silent. And be glad you weren't roaring drunk when you answered the phone, as that would leave a worse impression than baby crying. :)

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Nightmare? :D

Third visit to the Osteopath today. This is taking longer than usual. :(

well it turned into a nice dream anyway :pac:

manager has managed to mess up the page numbering in word and i cant get the first few pages back to the custom text for the rest of the document
    the footer options are too limited

oh thank fcuk

i got an FA in the exam i know i did well in
    that means fail, grade A - "between 1-5% from the pass mark", whatever the pass mark may be
    i ran out of time and didn't answer almost all of the last question which was worth 17% which messed it up - but i could have... so next time i know i'll nail it
    PHEW
    i was so devastated and angry about that exam becuase i know i could do it in my sleep :mad:

got an FB in the other one but that's ok i can work on it

Ok, he's back, phone was on silent, yay! And apparently the interview went ok. Now to wait til Friday for the results!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Hope all ye lads and lassies are well today!

I nearly had a heart attack this morning, my fella is having an interview for a super-mega-job this morning, so I was stressed out anyway. His interview was scheduled for 10.30, he left here at 9.45 (and it takes 10 mins to get there). I get a phonecall from the place at 10.40 from the job, asking where is he and is he still coming to the interview!!! I was imagining all sorts, accident, panic attack etc. So I call him on his mobile, no answer,just rang out. AAAAAHHHHH

5 mins later the woman calls me back to tell me that it's ok, he was being interviewed when she rang but no one had informed her that he had arrived. NOW I am feeling relieved, but also guilty cos if the phone was ringing, eepp! Also I left a message, and the mobile message service rings the phone twice to tell you you have a messsage. Also, when the woman rang, the baby was crying, so now they know he has a child (usually better not to mention that in a interview. BAALLLLLLLLSSSS....

/hysterics/

Oh God Ivy that would scare the life out of me too, hate things like that! Would it make any difference if he has a baby in an interview though?

Acoshla wrote: »
    Oh God Ivy that would scare the life out of me too, hate things like that! Would it make any difference if he has a baby in an interview though?
    I'm not sure, but it doesn't matter now, cos the woman on the phone was just the secretary/admin person organising the interviews, she's not a member of the jury, phew!

if you're happy and you know it clap your hands!

CLAP CLAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Acoshla wrote: »
    Would it make any difference if he has a baby in an interview though?

It shouldn't, but some employers can be dicks about that stuff and may decide they don't want someone with a baby. It's one of the things they're not allowed to ask in interviews (doesn't stop some of them though).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Got no sleep last night ;)
    Fell asleep in a meeting today the MD was holding :(

Best of luck to you and the OH Ivy. :D

Only managed to lose a pound this week, thought I might have lost more. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I was happy in the knowledge that I had nearly a year and a half to lose a bit of weight for my wedding, half a stone would do me I'd be happy with that, so was going to address it early next year :p But we now have at least two weddings to go to this Christmas of good friends (sudden weddings, only engaged recently so only know about them now), so not only will I not be able to eat all around me Christmas Day - which I do every year and ADORE, two whole Christmas dinners ftw! - but I need to lose it in the next couple of months, in order to look fabulous for my most hated thing in the world - copious amounts of photos :( Eating like a sparrow the last two days, and going to throw in some exercise too, ugh, the horror!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Oh noes! Not the exercises! :o:)

I have sads today. All the sads. So I'm back in bed, hoping when I get back up all will be well.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

So I finally got an x-ray on my foot this morning, 4 weeks I waited for it to come around and now they say I have to wait another week for results! WTF?

• Advertisement

4 weeks for an Xray?? :eek: That is ridiculous!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement