Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Das Kitty wrote: »

Third visit to the Osteopath today. This is taking longer than usual. :(

:eek:

You couldn't pay me enough money to let an osteopath near my spine! *rocks back and forth*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Mars Bar wrote: »
    So I finally got an x-ray on my foot this morning, 4 weeks I waited for it to come around and now they say I have to wait another week for results! WTF?

It has to be analysed and then reported on by a radiologist.

This is surprisingly time consuming and is affected by how busy the department is and if there are a lot of emergency cases so they're just saying a week to be on the safe side.

Hope it turns out ok! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Poor boyfriend got asked if he wanted to help a friend skipper a boat in the docks in Galway tonight when the boats arrive, he has to work, he is devastated! Even I'd have gone and done that, sucks to be him!

You know you're dealing with someone who's potentially flaky when you end up doing the things they said they'd do, because you have a sneaking suspicion they won't get done otherwise.

Either that or you're a control freak.

Whichever.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

:eek:

You couldn't pay me enough money to let an osteopath near my spine! *rocks back and forth*

I thought chiropractors were back / spine people? I've never heard of an osteopath before ....off to google it....

Hate this weather. Don't want to exercise because I don't want to get soaked. Looks like a serious downpour out there.

• Advertisement

kate.m wrote: »
    I thought chiropractors were back / spine people? I've never heard of an osteopath before ....off to google it....

They are... sort of. You couldn't pay me to let either of them near me, though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Me neither! I don't even want to think about it! :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

What do ye think they do?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hate this weather. Don't want to exercise because I don't want to get soaked. Looks like a serious downpour out there.

Go on out and dance in the rain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    4 weeks for an Xray?? :eek: That is ridiculous!

Yep, nearly 5 weeks. The letter arrived just before June bank holiday weekend.
    Albection wrote: »
    It has to be analysed and then reported on by a radiologist.

This is surprisingly time consuming and is affected by how busy the department is and if there are a lot of emergency cases so they're just saying a week to be on the safe side.

Hope it turns out ok! :D

I reckon there is nothing on it and they only keep the people who do have some thing show up on it and send them to the fracture clinic.
    I wanna know NOW! I've been waiting long enough. :(

Why? I'd be in serious discomfort if I didn't see a chiropractor.

• Advertisement

god in heaven i am sleepy and ready for bed now

What do ye think they do?
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    Why? I'd be in serious discomfort if I didn't see a chiropractor.

For low back pain, they can be quite effective (though on a par with the benefits from physio.) For the other stuff many of them claim to be able to treat (asthma, allergies, depression, colic, stomach complaints etc etc) there's no evidence to support it, and there's currently no national regulation body in Ireland to keep them in check (unless things have changed very recently).

I was sent to one as a kid, and it's partly from that experience and partly from more recent research that makes me feel quite strongly about this topic :o

I'll shut up now. Don't want to end up like Simon Singh.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My dude only treats muscular skeletal stuff. There's the Irish Osteopathic Association, which is subject to governmental regulation afaik, but it's not mandatory to be a member to claim you are one.

I spent a year with a couple of physios with no improvement. Three visits with the osteopath and I was grand until I was 8 months pregnant. The physio would have been happy to keep taking my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

You know you're dealing with someone who's potentially flaky when you end up doing the things they said they'd do, because you have a sneaking suspicion they won't get done otherwise.

Either that or you're a control freak.

Whichever.

:o

Dont worry, I do it too!!

I also kicked ass at work today. BOOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Go on out and dance in the rain :D

And get my hair wet? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Does anyone know would it take long to do a basic massage course? Bf would love it and it would be something for me to do.. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

My dude only treats muscular skeletal stuff. There's the Irish Osteopathic Association, which is subject to governmental regulation afaik, but it's not mandatory to be a member to claim you are one.

I spent a year with a couple of physios with no improvement. Three visits with the osteopath and I was grand until I was 8 months pregnant. The physio would have been happy to keep taking my money.

My boss goes to an osteo (who also administers holistic remedies) and swears by her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Does anyone know would it take long to do a basic massage course? Bf would love it and it would be something for me to do.. :o

If money is tight and your not doing it for a career change then just get him a voucher.

Sorry. I'll Google it myself to see if there's a cheap night course I could do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I think massage courses in general are pretty expensive, I didn't realise there were short ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

My sister did some of reiki thing. I don't know much about it and I'm not on great terms with my sister to ask but from what I've read online it's a pretty popular form of massage and I'm almost sure she did it at night. You could look into that too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

And get my hair wet? :p

Well...................................................

Yes :D

chocolate brazil nuts, that's what i need
    not in the mood for german tonight at all
    but i missed last thurs so i ought to go
    hmm

bluewolf wrote: »
    chocolate brazil nuts, that's what i need
    not in the mood for german tonight at all

Chocolate hazelnuts are awesome too. And honey roast cashews. Omnomnom :D

salted cashews *drool*
    i think i'd have the bag eaten if i went near them though

oh i seriously just want to skip german!!! we've probs moved onto something new though...

Thanks pixiebean. I'll look into that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Thanks pixiebean. I'll look into that. :)

bluewolf posted a good link. Should thank her for that as well.

I was gonna get reiki done but tbh if I'm spending money on a massage I want to be touched god dam it! Happy endingish also welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Yeah my friend does reiki and it's weird. Taking out "negetive energy" by waving her hands over my 3rd eye.

• Advertisement

im sure you can find places you can spend money to touch you :pac::pac:

i had reiki done once, it was THE most bizarre sensation ever
    wouldnt mind trying it again sometime

there's loads of massages on the dealpages atm i want some!
    esp after that feckin ripoff in heritage hotel :rolleyes:

love another yonka facial

still waiting for ulster bank to pay me though...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement