Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I'm officially rebel girl 15 B.Ed (Hons) :D

Could have been a bad morning heading into school tomorrow if I didn't get my degree :p Went into Watford for the evening, very nice area, trying to suss out places where I can live is the next part
    Congrats :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Kiera wrote: »
    I took a half day otherwise i'd be the same.

lucky you can do that! Bah

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

:eek:

You couldn't pay me enough money to let an osteopath near my spine! *rocks back and forth*

I <3 my osteopath. He is awesome. One session twice a year keeps me right and he's only €30 per session:)
    I've no faith in chiropractors. In my experience, they're all about the money

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Does anyone know would it take long to do a basic massage course? Bf would love it and it would be something for me to do.. :o

ITEC and FETAC do lots :) Just google for your area. But, as Krudler said, it's hard work and it's usually coupled with a diploma in anatomy and physiology...I don't think you can practice without it. And, you're talking 10 case studies for FETAC and 40 for ITEC.
    My sister did some of reiki thing. I don't know much about it and I'm not on great terms with my sister to ask but from what I've read online it's a pretty popular form of massage and I'm almost sure she did it at night. You could look into that too.

Even hands on reiki doesn't involve any manipulation of muscle. Reiki isn't the easiest think to learn either, reiki 1 is fine but as you go up to 2 and mastership there's a lot to take in.
    krudler wrote: »
    even basic massage courses take 9-10 months to do, and there's a LOT of study involved, you basically have to learn every muscle, bone and system in the body, how it all works together, the endocrine system, reproductive organs, joints, how massage affects the body holistically, diseases and the effects on the body etc etc. I did a course in it and thought it'd be handy, its a cool skill to have but its something you need to put a lot of effort in with. dont expect to do one class a week and know how to do it after a month. you're basically learning the human body inside out. 206 bones, their functions, how they're connected, about 600 muscles, the various tissue they're made of, how they all work, what arteries and veins connect them, and it goes on..thats just holistic massage, then you have sports therapy which is a few years of work and a full blown college course. I've forgotten tons of stuff I had to learn for my course. Then theres the actual tecnhniques, how you work them all together, what kind of massage it is, what oils to use blahdeblahdeblah..

so in short. voucher :pac:

I'm going on to do sports in Sept and I are ascared of the work load:pac:

ihsb wrote: »
    lucky you can do that! Bah

Ah you'll still look bewteeful :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Ah you'll still look bewteeful :D

I think we need to remind the OH that I am!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Is it just me or is this weather having an effect on people's moods? I just feel so lethargic and 'down' lately, could the weather be part of the reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

EmilyO wrote: »
    Is it just me or is this weather having an effect on people's moods? I just feel so lethargic and 'down' lately, could the weather be part of the reason?

Yep, I feel like crap the last few days because I have headaches the whole time from the heat. I nearly fainted twice last week and was a tired grouch for ages because it was 25 degrees, humid and yokky!

Yup the rain really gets me down. It's sunny one minute and i get happy knowing i'm going out walking. Then it buckets and makes me sad cause i'm stuck in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Congrats rebel girl!

Work was idiot central again today. There's clearly nothing else for it, I'm going to have to dump my boyfriend and find me a millionaire. Shame, I quite like him. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I love the rain! Get to sit inside guilt free! But my fave weather is a nice bright day with the sun shining but still a good cool breeze, so I can go for a walk without roasting and dying and listen to the leaves rustling :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

@Lucyfur, thanks for the info. I wasn't really looking to practice tbh, was just looking for something I could do for my bf, he likes having his head/shoulders rubbed so thought it might be nice.

@rebel girl - congrats!!

My 10yr old newphew in on hols in France and just rang. "Kiera I miss you loads and cant wait till sept when you can come on holidays with me" :D

/he also told me he got his ear pierced which i said i'd rip it out if he did :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Awwww, please dont be sad. I period sync with you, in the sense when you're sad, i'm sad :(

Want a non touching hug? Or i'd even let you give me a dead arm/kick in the shin if it made you feel better?

LOL. Don't be sad when I am, ya eejit.
    Nawwww! That's ridiculously cute :)

Also, I'm sorry if I contributed to the bad mood with my anti-osteopathness. I know it's not the place for it.

Not at all. Work stuff mainly.
    Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Ugh I'm feeling really blue tonight, burst out crying in the shower.

The bloody rain isn't helping matters at all.

The shower. Why didn't I think of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    @Lucyfur, thanks for the info. I wasn't really looking to practice tbh, was just looking for something I could do for my bf, he likes having his head/shoulders rubbed so thought it might be nice.

@rebel girl - congrats!!

You could have a look for Indian head massage? It's done on back, shoulders, neck, scalp and face. It's really really lovely to give and receive. It'd be a hella lot cheaper and easier to learn:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Well my Dad's headed into hospital, fingers all crossed for his op tomorrow.
    Boyfriend has provided wine and dominoes. He is a good one that boy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Only have my ukulele up here in Leitrim with me; I miss my piano already. Ukulele ain't quite as satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

We're going to my cousin's wedding in Galway next weekend, getting excited! Do any Galway peeps know if there will still be any Volvo Ocean Race buzz around the place on Saturday night?

There bloody better be, I am going there too :P There was last time, it was amazing on the Saturday night :)

WUHOOOO the alarm outside my house stopped :)

Only have my ukulele up here in Leitrim with me; I miss my piano already. Ukulele ain't quite as satisfying.

Must resist, must resist!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Go on, Pem. I don't mind :pac:

Go on, Pem. I don't mind :pac:

You don't mind a bit of ukulele :P I personally prefer a good flute!

• Advertisement

Hope everything goes okay with your dad Bubble.

Thought I'd make ya all jealous by showing you the yummy cocktail and chocolate fondant dessert I had last Friday night...

557564_3608628091928_2016016313_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Ooh Emily I'll have the flower and you can keep the rest???

Polloloca wrote: »

I read that and thought what flower :o Forgot that's not my name!

I will have it all! My appetite has grown a whole family :mad: I am giving it away for free.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

No, not just you - its the same kinda weather here in London, and I've had a headache all day, weather has a big influence on how people feel

Polloloca wrote: »

It was shortbread; om nom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

im watching tangled :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

My little dog keeps trying to stick it in the big dogs neck. I'm not sure if he's just inexperienced or too small to reach the big dogs mouth. I need a water gun.

Or a life. A life would do.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Watching Grimm, cannot understand how I never saw this before now

bubblefett wrote: »
    Well my Dad's headed into hospital, fingers all crossed for his op tomorrow.
    Boyfriend has provided wine and dominoes. He is a good one that boy.

Best of luck to your Dad!

Thanks everyone - happy out this evening, what with how well induction went and the exam results

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Pembily wrote: »
    You don't mind a bit of ukulele :P I personally prefer a good flute!

A flute, you can blow. A ukulele, you can strum. But I agree that there's nothing like a good hard pounding on a piano.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement