Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Polloloca try not let it get to you, it's her problem and not yours. :)

I'm absolutely wrecked. *yawn*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Sneezing is such a nice feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Have to be up in three hours and have been lying here awake the past hr and a bit. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Seven hours of sleep and it feels like i never eeven shut my eyes at all :( anybody wanna go to work for me today? They pay peanuts so I suppose you could send a monkey if you really want.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I got elbowed in the face by a crowd-surfing 5 year old girl while rocking out behind the Dad from "Honey, I shrunk the kids" at Thin Lizzy. Only in Galway.

Actual Rick Moranis or someone who looked like him?

Channeling Ellen Greene -- #Suddenly, Seymour!#

Not as sad today, but I'm so sore. even the bra strap resting on my shoulder hurts. I really don't want to have to give up writing in the evenings, I might have to start handwriting. Which is fine, but I'm used to being able to write and keep up with my thoughts.

Bleh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

In work on my birthday :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

DK, my osteo used acupuncture to help sort out my dodgy back/shoulder. Hurt like a muhta but worked. Could be something for you to look into?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Also Jane, reiki is about energy work, not about massage so while I'd 100% recommend it to anyone I don't think it would suit the massage purpose.

no rashers today grmbl grmbl

ulster bank wont even show me my fake balance now so i dont know if i finally got paid

singing today again :cool:

i went to bed at 8.30 last night because im cool

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Maple wrote: »
    DK, my osteo used acupuncture to help sort out my dodgy back/shoulder. Hurt like a muhta but worked. Could be something for you to look into?

Thanks Maple. <3

Did some acupuncture on it as well as some serious deep tissue work yesterday. The muscles are loose now but it appears that I might have a nerve trapped deep. We found the exact point and apparently the nerve from that point, isn't the same one for the part of my arm that hurts. However, when he pressed it, it eased the pain in my arm. So he's not inclined to try to manipulate it when it's not behaving as expected.

It's grand. I really need to sort myself out ergonomically at home. At work there's no problem. I also need to take more regular breaks.

(I'm definitey in a better mood today, much more positive about it all today!)

Snoopy1 wrote: »

Happy Birthday!

• Advertisement

How do you know if you grind your teeth while you sleep if you've nobody to yell ar you for doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Glad you are feeling better DK :):)
    Polloloca wrote: »
    How do you know if you grind your teeth while you sleep if you've nobody to yell ar you for doing it
    If you have a headache or jaw ache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Same with the titanic! Me and my equally insensitive friend watch that together on occasion and just rip the piss the entire time. Jack? Jack? I'll never let you go. Jack? Look! A boat! See ya. Lame ass movie,

To quote my mother upon seeing Titanic for the first time:
    ‘Wait, so when she dies, she’s reunited with that random guy she rode in a car that one time? What about the poor bastard that she was married to for forty years?’
    FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I got elbowed in the face by a crowd-surfing 5 year old girl while rocking out behind the Dad from "Honey, I shrunk the kids" at Thin Lizzy. Only in Galway.

Rick Moranis is in Galway? Ehrmagerd

I had too much wine last night, this does not bode well for my productivity today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I hope everything is ok with your dad, Bubblefett!

Well I'm all PACSed up with the OH as of 10am this morning! (that's a civil partnership to ye non-frenchies!). Yay for beating the insane paperwork, and having some more security for us and the baby.

Also, this is an excuse for a partay!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Happy Birthday Snoopy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I'm seeing the second consultant tomorrow about my shoulder , hopefully he has answers for me.
    might try accupuncture now just trying everything to get rid of the pain

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Polloloca try not let it get to you, it's her problem and not yours. :)

I'm absolutely wrecked. *yawn*

Oh Jane I meant to say, I hope your brother is ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Congrats Ivy, that's awesome:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Happy Birthday Snoopy, hope you have a fantabulous day :D

cake395.jpg
    bluewolf wrote: »
    singing today again :cool:
    I read this as 'single today again' :o

Well I'm all PACSed up with the OH as of 10am this morning! (that's a civil partnership to ye non-frenchies!). Yay for beating the insane paperwork, and having some more security for us and the baby.

Congratulations Ivy :)

I am wrecked tired don't know why though :/

Tea now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Still bloody sick, since last Thursday. Big fat no fair. I'm never sick for more than a day or two.

Finally got to see Prometheus last night. I'll be shot for saying it, but it was Alien Vs Predator without the Predators. Although I may have been distracted by the gihugeous gorgeous man sitting beside me... (third date with the hearts-popping-out-of-my-eyes guy from the other week).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Happy Birthday!

Yay congrats! Now go have wonderful celebrations :)

Off to work soon. Gah. Split shifts are the work of the devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Happy birthday Snoopy1! :)

Congratulations Ivy! Also thank you for saying that about my brother. He's ok at the moment but I still think he should get it check to be on the safe side but like a typical man, he won't listen. :rolleyes: Have a lovely day. :)

My bf might be coming down at the weekend and my brother gets along really well with him so my bf has said he'll talk to him and see what he says. He's also apparently not going to his debs in September. He went last year but this is his actual debs.

Get well soon Honey-ec and everyone else that's sick at the moment..

Just about to head off for a walk. Still feel wrecked and I don't know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Just about to head off for a walk. Still feel wrecked and I don't know why.

I've been absolutely exhausted for the past week and a half, even before I got sick. I reckon it's the muggy weather.

Ooh, new month, I get to flip over my Leinster calendar.

*flips page*

Jamie Heaslip's bum. I can live with that for a month...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I've been sick on and off for the last week, waking up with a sore throat, coughing, sniffling, headaches, it's all caused by the heat, Saturday was lovely and cold and I felt fine! Right now I'm sitting on the couch feeling sorry for myself and watching daytime tv because my throat hurts, my eyes hurt and my head's fuzzy :(

Also my lovely boyfriend brought me home fresh orange juice when he came home for his break, bless him!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Have no internet or tv at home so spending my day off in college... but I got my results. The exams that I thought I'd failed, I've passed. Only failed one exam and got a 2.1 overall in my other subject.... bawled with relief...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Happy Birthday Snoopy! :)

Congrats Ivy!! :)

Day 2 of a free house and im so bored! Im finished my book and dont have book two of it yet, i just came back in from a bit of rain after going to the post office, i think its going to get worse so i might just do movie while on the exercise bike!

Happy birthday Snoopy!

Another one with sore throat and a headache in my eye and fuzzy head. Meh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Another one with sore throat and a headache in my eye and fuzzy head. Meh

Me too. Something going round most likely. I am completely whacked of energy. Going to bed when I get home and I'm hyper at 8/9pm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I've to get off my bum soon and do some work, but really glad I did lots yesterday and got ahead. I think about 2-3 hours will do it, then back to my lovely spot here on the couch with the doggy and daytime tv :o:)

Had to spend a ridiculous amount on credit this morning, pet food and work stuff, between that and some serious spending by myself and boyfriend last week I'd say there's nearly €1,000 to be paid on it :eek: Don't even want to look at online account for it until my new card arrives tomorrow and I can go pay it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement