Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I'll just leave these here

article-2168112-13E70C13000005DC-403_308x394.jpg

article-2168112-13E70D68000005DC-332_634x393.jpg

article-2168112-13E71587000005DC-207_634x518.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Fed up with the Ulster Bank crap now.

There should be around €20 in my a/c, yet it's telling me my a/c is overdrawn by almost €25 :rolleyes:

Was in my local brand yesterday and was told they are hoping to have it sorted out by the end of this week, but obviously there are no guarantee's. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Fed up with the Ulster Bank crap now.

There should be around €20 in my a/c, yet it's telling me my a/c is overdrawn by almost €25 :rolleyes:

Was in my local brand yesterday and was told they are hoping to have it sorted out by the end of this week, but obviously there are no guarantee's. :rolleyes:

They have no timescale for when it will be fixed.

Acoshla wrote: »
    They have no timescale for when it will be fixed.
    Really? Where did you see/hear this?

Last week they said it'll be this week and now they're saying the end of this week, but there's no guarantee's.

My mother said in four weeks they will still have problems cos of this, I'd say she's right tbh.

I went into PTSB to see about opening an account with them and after queuing for ten minutes I left again, must call back into them about it.

Last week they said it'll be this week and now they're saying the end of this week, but there's no guarantee's.

My mother said in four weeks they will still have problems cos of this, I'd say she's right tbh.

They said on the news last night that there is no timescale they can give now. They're just trying to get through the backlog of transactions now which has to be done manually so it'll take a loooong time. Some are update now but to have it all done will take ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Happy birthday, Snoopy! Hope you have a great day, even though you're in work. :)

Congratulations Ivy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I went into PTSB to see about opening an account with them and after queuing for ten minutes I left again, must call back into them about it.

If you go into the bank with ID and proof of pay/social welfare they will give you money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Do people not usually work on their birthdays? I've always worked on mine. :confused:

Happy Birthday Snoopy.

Everyone in here is warm but I'm absolutely freezing and forgot to bring a hoody today. Boo-urns.

Lucyfur wrote: »
    If you go into the bank with ID and proof of pay/social welfare they will give you money.
    I don't have any payments going into my account, I collect my money in the post office thankfully.

I'm just annoyed that it has taken so long to get sorted and they still don't know when it will be sorted.

I transferred €3 from PayPal to my UB a/c this morning so will see how long it's gonna take to go into my account.

I am due to get about €25 more into PayPal by the end of this week so if there are any issues with the payment to my UB a/c, I'll just transfer it to my bf's a/c and pay the AIB fee of 20cent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Excitement! Booked my summer holiday from school. 5 days in China.

Seoul-Bejing
    Train from Bejing to Shanghai
    Shanghai - Seoul

I am about to look around for some hostels but I am ridiculously excited! I can't wait to see the great wall wander around and most importantly eat some yummy chinese food and drink beer from bowls! <3:D:D:D:D:D

Yeah I thought people always worked on their birthday unless it was a big one and they were going away/had plans etc?

Muffin they're recovering from a massive IT error, it's down to manual work at this stage with UB drafting in many extra people to try and resolve it, they're doing the best they can to get it resolved quickly, which I know doesn't help anyone who is without money, but the staff are doing their best to fix it as quick as they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I totally understand that people are being put out over UB but seriously, they've done absolutely everything in their power to ensure that people don't have to go without money. It's not that long ago that people had to go to the bank to withdraw money/process wages all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

thank you pixiebean! those pics made me feel a bit less ****ty about myself :)

I was in getting money from UB last Friday and felt so sorry for the staff.

It's not their fault but they are getting the abuse for it.

I complimented the girl on her nails. She said it was the nicest thing anyone had said to her that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Congratulations Ivy & Mr. Ivy!

Oh I've never worked on my birthday... Places tend not to be open on Christmas Day :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I complimented the girl on her nails. She said it was the nicest thing anyone had said to her that day.

This is the thing. People, as usual, are taking out their frustrations on the wrong people. The people behind the counter had nothing to do with the utter fcuk up. Someone's head needs to be chopped, very publicly!

Pembily wrote: »

This is the thing. People, as usual, are taking out their frustrations on the wrong people. The people behind the counter had nothing to do with the utter fcuk up. Someone's head needs to be chopped, very publicly!

I agree but the wrong person will be publicly blamed. Probably a low level engineer who was just doing what they were told by someone higher up.

I'd also put money on it that they'll blame someone over in India as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Do people not usually work on their birthdays? I've always worked on mine. :confused:

Mine was on a Sunday this year. My boss wanted me to work. I said no and fecked off down to Cork for a hurling match. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I agree but the wrong person will be publicly blamed. Probably a low level engineer who was just doing what they were told by someone higher up.

I'd also put money on it that they'll blame someone over in India as well.
    Oh most definitely! Sure they couldn't blame an Irish person, they never do anything wrong!!

I am well aware that is a sweeping generalisation, it's directed at specific Irish people who caused massive problems and are now living it up abroad :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Actual Rick Moranis or someone who looked like him?
    If it wasn't actual Rick Moranis I'm confusing him with another actor who looks very like him. It's driving me crazy!

Ivy, congrats!

Snoopy, Happy Birthday!

Squeaky, good to hear from you. Your holidays should be amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Oh dear. Gihugeous Gorgeous man has seen that I've been blogging a bit about my online dating experiences and isn't impressed. I should point out that I haven't even named the site I'm on, and I certainly haven't mentioned him at all (only the weirdos) and I most definitely didn't start online dating specifically so I could blog about it, but he still isn't amused. And hasn't replied to my last text or answered my call.

I think that might be the end of that fledging romance, folks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Yeah I thought people always worked on their birthday unless it was a big one and they were going away/had plans etc?

Never. Always take my birthday off when it's on a weekday.

i always work my birthday...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

This is the first weekly pay job I have ever had and it is the best thing IN THE WORLD!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

I've been having the most weirdly intense affair-type thing with a guy from work for the last week and I'm going a bit mad from not being able to talk to my workmates about it! Saying that, I haven't heard from him much today or yesterday so I'm a little paranoid that he's gone off me already. I'd fancied him for ages without any idea that he felt the same way and it's been so long since I've actually dated someone I was well into that I'd forgotten how terrifying it can be! But have been very very happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Yeah, I usually work my birthday too. It's in June so I had an exam on it every day for years. My last job made a big song and dance about giving people special leave for their birthday, as if it made up for them being a crap company to work for the rest of the time. I asked if I could take my birthday day off on a Monday instead of the Tuesday once, which would have actually been of some benefit, but no, I had to take a random Tuesday off in which I did nothing because everyone I know was in work! I hate birthdays, don't really get adults who make a big deal of theirs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Just take a days annual leave for it? :confused: That's what I've always done, told no one and just lay in bed late and lounged around. I'd be miserable working on my birthday.

Never. Always take my birthday off when it's on a weekday.

Why though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Why though?

Why not? ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement