Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My nose is so sore today. Stupid sinus pain. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

My Birthday is a Wednesday this year. To be precise, it's the next Wednesday that will be upon us, tomorrow! :D

I only ever had one job and that's the only birthday I ever worked. I'll be working on a summer camp tomorrow though but I have Thursday off so it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I had to work Christmas eve last year, I was so annoyed! It's not really a 'christmas holiday' if it's just one day off! :pac:

I do shift work so I usually take my birthday off and do something nice. I don't think I'd make a fuss about requesting it off if I worked Monday-Friday but it's not an issue for me at the moment with my job. I'd be devastated if I had to work Christmas day though! :(

Happy birthday, Snoopy! xxx

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Acoshla wrote: »
    Our kitten has been sitting in the hall crying nearly all day, minus breaking for naps every few hours. She is just sitting, staring at the wall, crying, for an hour at a time. She's perfectly healthy, fed, watered, clean litter tray, no idea what's wrong with her. I'm assuming communicating with demons or something, but it sounds so sad!
    My cat does that at night sometimes, it's sooo creepy and he wakes the whole house up! It's like he's howling or something and I've no idea why. : confused:
    The first time he did it he scared the sh1t out of me, I was convinced someone was downstairs! But no, it was just him, miawing away for no apparent reason.. that I could see anyway! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

krudler wrote: »

I probably shouldn't have laughed so much at that.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Congrats Mr and Mrs Ivy!

I used to write up the rotas in work so I always took my birthday off :D I'd work new years, christmas, etc though (granted we closed on christmas day). Christmas Eve was always great fun to work- everyone was always happy and used to give me and my staff presents :) (cause we were deadly).

Dad's OP has been cancelled til next week because his bloods weren't good enough for today :( Boo-urns. At least he gets to come home tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Yay - home from work and I've got the sneezes. I apparently make the weirdest sneezy face, I stick my tongue out a little and bite down on it. This is the perfect oppurtunity to practice not doing the sneezy face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Can't believe I didn't cop that our kitten is probably in heat, duh! Explains the meowing. Boyfriend was home 10 minutes from one job when he got called to the other, feel bad sitting here dossing on the couch while he works so hard :p

teacher said singing lesson was the best yet
    :cool:
    wrecked
    dinner now then cracking open the books i suppose

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Unbelievable response to by blog post on FB today - this is the one that the hunky dreamboat had an issues with, btw. I don't think he's actually read it yet, though - just saw that I was blogging about online dating and got the wrong idea altogether.

http://ruminationsrugbyruination.blogspot.ie/2012/07/post-fifty-sixth-in-which-our-heroine.html

Another quiet night ahead in work, I imagine. Feel free to recommend tv programmes/movies/anything that might keep me amused!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Unbelievable response to by blog post on FB today - this is the one that the hunky dreamboat had an issues with, btw. I don't think he's actually read it yet, though - just saw that I was blogging about online dating and got the wrong idea altogether.

http://ruminationsrugbyruination.blogspot.ie/2012/07/post-fifty-sixth-in-which-our-heroine.html
    Why did he have an issue with it? It's very funny btw.

jaysus

peter dinklage is on 30 rock too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Listening to some vintage Michael Jackson tracks here.
    This one is one of my favorites:

There's a running joke in my family that involves this video and my dear departed granddad's dentures. I used to be freaked out by the snapping teeth in this video when I was a toddler and my granddad used to use that to regularly scare me. Now adays, when I hear this song, it reminds me of him. :)

Kiera wrote: »

I think he thought that I had joined the site specifically to blog about it and was using him purely as research.

Kiera wrote: »

I think he thought that I had joined the site specifically to blog about it and was using him purely as research.
    Ah I see. Did you set him straight?

Tried to. Explained that I just write about anything funny that happens to me, told him I hadn't mentioned him at all and that I hadn't signed up just to blog about it. Also told him to read the posts in question. Haven't heard from him since, though :(

Tried to. Explained that I just write about anything funny that happens to me, told him I hadn't mentioned him at all and that I hadn't signed up just to blog about it. Also told him to read the posts in question. Haven't heard from him since, though :(
    Have you been seeing each other long? Or just one date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Kiera, your blog was hilerious! If he can't see the funny side, then feck him- he's just not worth it.

• Advertisement

McChubbin wrote: »
    Kiera, your blog was hilerious! If he can't see the funny side, then feck him- he's just not worth it.
    I don't have a blog :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I hope you don't mind me giving you my input on this - I just had a read of your two recent posts on it. I may be completely off, but what jumped out at me was he's probably worried any bad thing you have to say about him is going to be mentioned up there. Plus, you kind of seem a little judgemental about the men. I get that it's not nice to meet with someone who's lied about their height or whatever, but you kind of come off as nasty about it, and quick to dismiss someone. If you're dating him, he could be worried whatever little things you don't like about him are going to end up up there, for all to see.

Just my opinion, take as you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Happy Birthday Snoopy!

Congrats to Ivy & Mr. Ivy!

Honey-Ec that guy sounds like an idiot. If he bothered to take the time to read your (hilarious and generally fantastic) blog at all then he would know what it is about. Plus none of it is about him!

On another note I am sick of wintery weather in July. It's days like today I really wish I could afford to go away this year!

I actually don't know how some people make it through life.

"It says I need to enter the third digit of my personal access code, what does that mean?"

"It means... enter the third digit?"

How the hell do I simplify that shit?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Novella wrote: »
    I actually don't know how some people make it through life.

"It says I need to enter the third digit of my personal access code, what does that mean?"

"It means... enter the third digit?"

How the hell do I simplify that shit?

While waitressing, I was once asked, what exactly did the garlic bread with cheese consist of.

Lucyfur wrote: »
    While waitressing, I was once asked, what exactly did the garlic bread with cheese consist of.

I asked somebody for their e-mail address the other night and they replied, "Oh um, it's hotmail, is it?". I don't fucking know. I don't know you, we've never met, you're in America! How would I know your e-mail address? HOW?!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Hey, look, new sig... :)

Vote for me and bluewolf, ours are the stories with the things happening in them.

We've finally got our mirror hung above our mantle. God, it looks fantastic. So happy with it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Is it only Tuesday??

Despite being over in London, I am going to a ladies gaelic game tomorrow night, with hopefully, my new club for when I come over here - I'm looking forward to getting started properly in September! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

saw the new Spider-Man, twas excellent, much better than the previous ones. Would have enjoyed it more aside from the bunch of girls fawning over Andrew Garfield

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Lucyfur wrote: »

To be fair it's usually in your best interests to clarify with staff what exactly their restaurants idea of a certain thing is no matter how simple it sounds on the menu. Even a bowl of soup. For fear of it arriving out garnished with inedible muck, or even worse, secret pea ingredients.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement