Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Polloloca wrote: »
    To be fair it's usually in your best interests to clarify with staff what exactly their restaurants idea of a certain thing is no matter how simple it sounds on the menu. Even a bowl of soup. For fear of it arriving out garnished with inedible muck, or even worse, secret pea ingredients.

Yes. But not for a woman who ate there 3-4 times a week. Also, it was explained on the menu. ''fresh baguette smothered in garlic butter and mozzarella, served with mixed green leaves, drizzled in olive oil''

There's feic all you can add to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Haha she ate there loads and still didn't know? :D

Olive oil - blergh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Yes. But not for a woman who ate there 3-4 times a week. Also, it was explained on the menu. ''fresh baguette smothered in garlic butter and mozzarella, served with mixed green leaves, drizzled in olive oil''

There's feic all you can add to that.

oh god i want that now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Posy wrote: »
    I had to work Christmas eve last year, I was so annoyed! It's not really a 'christmas holiday' if it's just one day off! :pac:

I do shift work so I usually take my birthday off and do something nice. I don't think I'd make a fuss about requesting it off if I worked Monday-Friday but it's not an issue for me at the moment with my job. I'd be devastated if I had to work Christmas day though! :(

Happy birthday, Snoopy! xxx

Am I the only one who likes working Christmas Eve??
    I work in retail, everyone buying presents, wishing people happy holidays.. Warms my heart :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I work in retail, everyone buying presents, wishing people happy holidays.. Warms my heart :)

until the crazy people come in >.>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Félicitations Madame Ivy! (Do you only use Madame after marriage? Or can you after PACSing too?)

The air conditioning is broken at work, and it's humid enough at the moment without that added to it, so I've been drenched in sweat for the last two days all through work...off tomorrow so hopefully it'll be fixed by Thursday!

Never took my birthday off work, but always worked in places that didn't open on Stephen's day so didn't mind working Christmas Eve...actually quite liked it in one place, local shop that had lots of nice regulars and the boss used to put tins of Roses on all counters for staff & customers to help themselves.:pac:

Honey-ec, I recently turned on sigs on boards and came across a few blogs as a result. Ended up staying up really late one night reading all of yours (creepy person alert, sorry!) and it's really funny and has nice recipes...so I hope it doesn't mess things up with the nice new guy. :(

I may have a meeting with a recruitment agency in London in the coming weeks. Eep.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Okay so I'm actually really sick now! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

god no, last minute idiots are the worst. "what do you mean you dont have the most popular game ever at 5 minutes before closing at christmas eve?"

krudler wrote: »

god no, last minute idiots are the worst. "what do you mean you dont have the most popular game ever at 5 minutes before closing at christmas eve?"

I dont have that problem :pac:

'GIVE ME ANYTHING THATS NICE IN A SIZE 12!!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

I am still pregnant :(
    Fed up doesn't come close to describe how I feel.
    And Im starting to get depressed at the thoughts of my body afterwards.
    Fat and saggy (er) !!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

javagal wrote: »
    Fat and saggy (er) !!!

Oh darling. :(

I think they should just tell people that pregnancy is 42 weeks and then if the baby comes any earlier people will be happier. It's such a slog near the end.

You're still going to feel like your body is not your own afterwards, but trust me, it does get better. You can barely tell I was ever pregnant and that was only two years ago. In fact I think I look much better now than I did before I had a baby.

Hang in there missus, and if you need a chat or a vent I'm on PM.

xx

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Fat and saggy (er) !!!

Oh darling. :(

I think they should just tell people that pregnancy is 42 weeks and then if the baby comes any earlier people will be happier. It's such a slog near the end.

You're still going to feel like your body is not your own afterwards, but trust me, it does get better. You can barely tell I was ever pregnant and that was only two years ago. In fact I think I look much better now than I did before I had a baby.

Hang in there missus, and if you need a chat or a vent I'm on PM.

xx

Thanks Das Kitty!
    Just finding the weight thing hard because I lost 3 stone with Weight Watchers like 2 months before I got pregnant and Im up that now!

I know I'll lose it again, just impatient, I know I won't care when my daughter comes but she seems to be as lazy as her Mam!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Thanks Das Kitty!
    Just finding the weight thing hard because I lost 3 stone with Weight Watchers like 2 months before I got pregnant and Im up that now!

I know I'll lose it again, just impatient, I know I won't care when my daughter comes but she seems to be as lazy as her Mam!

3 stone is nothing at 9months pregnant. A stone of that will be gone in the first 2 days. A second stone will vanish within 6 weeks and the rest will come off slowly over the next few months. It's an amazing thing your body is doing, you've created and grown a brand new human being. It takes a lot out of your body, but you are not your body. You're a wonderful kind person who's little baby is very lucky to have as a mam.

Do you think your baby could be tempted out with chocolate? Or cake?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Fat and saggy (er) !!!

Aww try not to worry about your body. I have pictures of me the week before my due date at a wedding an I was bloated - cankles, double chin, and sausage fingers. I nearly cried when I saw the pics. But that all disappeared a couple of days after birth, as it was all fluid. My tum was more elastic than I gave it credit for, I'm sure yours will be too. :)

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Thanks Das Kitty!

3 stone is nothing at 9months pregnant. A stone of that will be gone in the first 2 days. A second stone will vanish within 6 weeks and the rest will come off slowly over the next few months. It's an amazing thing your body is doing, you've created and grown a brand new human being. It takes a lot out of your body, but you are not your body. You're a wonderful kind person who's little baby is very lucky to have as a mam.

Do you think your baby could be tempted out with chocolate? Or cake?

She's been given an eviction notice from her expectant first time nanny to be here before her birthday so she can show her off-so hopefully cake tempts her out!

thanks to you and neyite for the kind words-It's sometimes nice to know other women felt the same way!

Funny how the inevitable pain doesn't bother me but a fat bum does lol!

All the due July ladies are ready to pop now, like a human farmvile we are!

Fat and saggy (er) !!!

I have no idea what that's like so I'm just going to give you all of the cuddles.

Maybe this will cheer you up?

1991-Vs-2011-Pregnancy_o_91308.jpg

No??

How about a LIVE STREAM OF KITTENS!!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/sevenkittens

:D:D:D

Fat and saggy (er) !!!

I have no idea what that's like so I'm just going to give you all of the cuddles.

Maybe this will cheer you up?

1991-Vs-2011-Pregnancy_o_91308.jpg

No??

How about a LIVE STREAM OF KITTENS!!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/sevenkittens

:D:D:D

both of them things made me smile!
    and my lovely fiance just told me I could only be a week away from a malibu and orange juice!

noms!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Hope your baby comes reallllly soon, javagal! I have my fingers crossed for you! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Do you work in a small town in America in 1955!?

That's nothing like my experience of people last minute shopping! :(
    I'm all jealous now of your nice customers, mine were never like that! :o

Hugs for you javagal, I hope baba makes an appearance as soon as possible! xxx

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Do you work in a small town in America in 1955!?

That's nothing like my experience of people last minute shopping! :(
    I'm all jealous now of your nice customers, mine were never like that! :o

I may just be in a state of ignorant bliss :P

I swan around singing christmas songs in my santa hat and christmas earrings trying to spread the joy :pac::pac::pac:

I got drunk on wine last xmas eve, I was working until 3pm and had to dull the pain. The manager was on holidays somewhere in Spain and although we were supposed to be "open" we weren't really. We just had to show up and clock in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Going to the dentist on Friday. Really dreading the inevitable lecture over the state of my teeth. I have certain sensory issues that stop me from brushing my teeth and whilst I do TRY to brush at least twice a week or whenever they start looking a bit yellow, the sensation turns my stomach and makes me gag to the point that I avoid it at the best of times.
    I KNOW I should brush every day but when it makes me gag and want to vomit, it's easy to be put off.
    I know I have to get my wisdom teeth out sooner or later (hopefully sooner) but I'm not looking forward to it. :(

On the plus side, I might be getting a new tattoo in time for Christmas if I can scrape together €200. Think a full colour version of this on the inside of my left arm, stretching about 5-6 inches long towards the crock of my elbow. It's going to hurt like hell but it'll be worth it.
    eeyore-coloring-8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

McChubbin that's really cute. :)

I may just be in a state of ignorant bliss :P

I swan around singing christmas songs in my santa hat and christmas earrings trying to spread the joy :pac::pac::pac:
    Damn, I love Christmas earrings!
    Only 174 days to go, people! :D :pac:

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    McChubbin that's really cute. :)
    Thanks. There's a personal reason why I chose this as a tat design. I have an Eeyore plushie doll that my mother gave me two years ago when I was in the grips of a mental breakdown. Through it all, my mother was my rock and barely left my side, hence the little bird holding up Eeyore's ear.
    It's a tribute tattoo but I didn't want to go for a cheesy ol' "heart and scroll/dagger with MOM in big letters" design.

Eeyore is my favourite. I think that's a lovely idea for a tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

That's such a lovely idea for a tattoo McChubbin. :)

I've got 2 myself and I do have a story behind both of them. :)

Glad y'all approve. Soon as I save up €200 I'm going down to Karen in Stigmata-Tau to have her etch it on my skin in full colour. Hopefully should get it in time for Christmas if all goes to plan.
    Speaking of which, Posy! Stop talking about Christmas! It's only feckin' July!
    *serious face*
    tumblr_m6id2fertP1r9uspt.gif

• Advertisement

McChubbin wrote: »
    I have an Eeyore plushie doll that my mother gave me two years ago when I was in the grips of a mental breakdown. Through it all, my mother was my rock and barely left my side, hence the little bird holding up Eeyore's ear.
    That's a wonderful story. Your mother sounds like an amazing person. :) xx

And nooo, it's practically Christmas! Sure look at the weather! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement