Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Posy wrote: »
    That's a wonderful story. Your mother sounds like an amazing person. :) xx

And nooo, it's practically Christmas! Sure look at the weather! :pac:
    She's awesome. Sure, she drives me nuts at the best of times but I'd be completely lost without her. :)

My reaction to the weather forecasts for this week:
    tumblr_m520owkqSY1r7a5gh.gif

Id go insane if i couldnt brush at least 3 times a day

Javagal i hear curry works

Dk im trying to work out which is yours. :D

I went to bed at 9 now i am awake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Awake at this hour! It's ridiculous and becoming too frequent :( Also getting hungry now but if I eat now I might feel later :confused: Cup of tea for now anyway :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

McChubbin, I know you probably have tried it already, but I found an electric toothbrush to be a godsend. I get similar gagging but with the electric, the head is small and you don't have to brush, just hod it over the tooth.
    bluewolf wrote: »
    Dk im trying to work out which is yours. :D

It's quite different to anything I've posted on boards before. As you've voted, I can tell you, but maybe you'd prefer to try and work it out. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Today I'm gonna be....
    A red head! :o

Nervous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

McChubbin wrote: »
    Going to the dentist on Friday. Really dreading the inevitable lecture over the state of my teeth. I have certain sensory issues that stop me from brushing my teeth and whilst I do TRY to brush at least twice a week or whenever they start looking a bit yellow, the sensation turns my stomach and makes me gag to the point that I avoid it at the best of times.
    I KNOW I should brush every day but when it makes me gag and want to vomit, it's easy to be put off.
    I know I have to get my wisdom teeth out sooner or later (hopefully sooner) but I'm not looking forward to it. :(

electric toothbrush? I forgot to brush mine one day last week rushing for work when I woke up and spent all day eating gum in case anyone noticed must book myself in for a cleaning soon keep meaning to.

Polloloca wrote: »
    Today I'm gonna be....

Nervous!

redheads are rawwwr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Today I'm gonna be....

Nervous!

Reds have more fun.

Oh so sleepy today. I'm gonna go to bed super early tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Oh you're still here Javagal! I hope your baby puts in an appearance soon.

I say the Loungers should name your baby! (it amused me in February!)

Félicitations Madame Ivy! (Do you only use Madame after marriage? Or can you after PACSing too?)

Oh you can use Madame for unmarried women who look older! I've been called Madame quite a bit in the last year! :) I prefer Mademoiselle, even if it doesn't match my actual age, it matches how young I feel!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

It's obvious. Baby Coffeebean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

What about 'The Entity' as a name? It has a certain element of mystique to it...

A kids gotta have mystique. :cool:

Albection wrote: »
    What about 'The Entity' as a name? It has a certain element of mystique to it...

I'm not so sure, it gives me an "Omen"-type feeling!

Albection wrote: »

its also the name of a movie about a woman being constantly raped by a ghost, may not be child appropriate :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

I'm not so sure, it gives me an "Omen"-type feeling!
    krudler wrote: »
    its also the name of a movie about a woman being constantly raped by a ghost, may not be child appropriate :pac:

Ok, maybe it's a little too sinister as names go.... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Kiera wrote: »
    Have you been seeing each other long? Or just one date?

4 dates in.
    Gongoozler wrote: »
    I hope you don't mind me giving you my input on this - I just had a read of your two recent posts on it. I may be completely off, but what jumped out at me was he's probably worried any bad thing you have to say about him is going to be mentioned up there. Plus, you kind of seem a little judgemental about the men. I get that it's not nice to meet with someone who's lied about their height or whatever, but you kind of come off as nasty about it, and quick to dismiss someone. If you're dating him, he could be worried whatever little things you don't like about him are going to end up up there, for all to see.

I've no intention of posting about him, I like the guy. Only the idiots are on the block and sorry, but if you blatantly lie about yourself and expect people not to notice, you're fair game for a character assassination. I'm not judgemental about "the men", I'm judgemental of liars. I haven't named any names. I haven't even named the site in question.

Look, the way I see it is, if something funny happened to me at home or at work, I'd write about it. This is just an extension of that. And in fairness, no-one comes in for more stick on the blog than me.
    Id go insane if i couldnt brush at least 3 times a day

Last time I was at the dentist she told me three times a day is too much, it'll damage the enamel eventually. Once in the morning and once in the evening is fine, and never to brush within an hour of eating or drinking anything.
    Oh you can use Madame for unmarried women who look older! I've been called Madame quite a bit in the last year! :) I prefer Mademoiselle, even if it doesn't match my actual age, it matches how young I feel!

I was chatting to a Frenchman a few months ago and he told me Mademoiselle is now considered politically incorrect :mad:

Honey-ec wrote: »

I was chatting to a Frenchman a few months ago and he told me Mademoiselle is now considered politically incorrect :mad:

It depends on the person I suppose. There will be people in Ireland who get offended by being called a girl instead of woman and vice versa!

Personally, I would like if they had something like "Ms" over here. I don't get offended by being referred to by either Madame or Mademoiselle but for forms and administrative stuff, I would prefer not to have to indicate my marital status (I mean, why don't men have a thing indicating that they are married are not?).

i suppose if mademoiselle falls out of use, madame will be the Ms
    fraulein isnt used anymore either

i suppose if mademoiselle falls out of use, madame will be the Ms
    fraulein isnt used anymore either
    Yeah but you only use Madame on forms if you are married...

I'm just a bit contrary!

Yeah but you only use Madame on forms if you are married...

I'm just a bit contrary!

i'm tired and confused :(

• Advertisement

I love those forms where you can tick the most ridiculous title. "lord" being the one I seem incapable of resisting despite me being female

I love those forms where you can tick the most ridiculous title. "lord" being the one I seem incapable of resisting despite me being female

"countess" :pac: I was down as Fr Krudler on something once, the universe has a sense of irony.

generally for these work quizzes i skip through all the material and just take the quizzes. usually it's like "computer security is really important" with loads of stupid obvious questions, or operational risk

but they must have caught on because the little skip button doesnt show up until the presentation has loaded REALLY SLOWLY now :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Honey-ec wrote: »
    4 dates in.

I've no intention of posting about him, I like the guy. Only the idiots are on the block and sorry, but if you blatantly lie about yourself and expect people not to notice, you're fair game for a character assassination. I'm not judgemental about "the men", I'm judgemental of liars. I haven't named any names. I haven't even named the site in question.

Perhaps not, but in the post, you don't stick to pointing out the lies, for example, one individual you comment on his accent, the fact that he's scarred and that he found the pub that you met in posh, while you didn't. Ok yes, later he proceeded to send you on pictures of his privates,( so yes, I think he opened himself for slagging there) and yes, it's all written in an amusing way, but I can see how someone else reading it could see it as quite critical and dismissive, on what they may perceive as 'little white lies of internet dating', and how they themselves may not want to be on the end of that. Not everyone is as comfortable with as low a bs level as you Honey-ec :p

Also as an aside, you can get quite bad facial scars from an airbag burn, that do look like they were made by a knife, and can be quite precise, so that man may not (again he may have, I don't know :o) been lying about that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

javagal wrote: »
    I am still pregnant :(
    Fed up doesn't come close to describe how I feel.
    And Im starting to get depressed at the thoughts of my body afterwards.
    Fat and saggy (er) !!!

My friend I was telling you about had her baby on Monday evening. You're next. :D

Sooooo sick today. Knew this was coming when I was so shattered last couple of days. :(

Also as a further aside, made the chicken recipe from your blog there Monday ...Nyom :)

Jessibelle wrote: »
    Perhaps not, but in the post, you don't stick to pointing out the lies, for example, one individual you comment on his accent, the fact that he's scarred and that he found the pub that you met in posh, while you didn't. Ok yes, later he proceeded to send you on pictures of his privates,( so yes, I think he opened himself for slagging there) and yes, it's all written in an amusing way, but I can see how someone else reading it could see it as quite critical and dismissive, on what they may perceive as 'little white lies of internet dating', and how they themselves may not want to be on the end of that. Not everyone is as comfortable with as low a bs level as you Honey-ec :p

Also as an aside, you can get quite bad facial scars from an airbag burn, that do look like they were made by a knife, and can be quite precise, so that man may not (again he may have, I don't know :o) been lying about that.
    can I just say, having actually tried online dating, I think honey ecs blog post was quite tame. Should I write one, I'd be also including the cheating husbands (3 stand out. One is a pathalogical liar. Uses the name Steve/Sean and would do anything with a pulse. His level of deception is worrying and would put anyone off relationships for fear that "Steve/Sean" was really their boyfriend. The other one cheats on his wife because she can't have kids and the other one cheats on his wife cause she's pregnant and too tired for sex), my best friends creepy ex, who kept viewing my profile and clicked that he wanted to meet me. The gambling addict that worked on the street next to the street j worked on, and used to send me messages to tell me subway was bad for me or that I looked good on the way to work. Or maybe the male nurse that used to get really turned on at the thoughts of gay sex and "catching the gift" (the gift being HIV) who proceeded to make a couple of fake profiles after I blocked him. Then there's the guy who offered me money to sleep with him and couldn't understand why I wouldn't feel flattered at that, and the most recent gem, was the message I recieved no later than yesterday asking me when I would die and went on to tell me how he'd go about killing me. Now, they're only the ones that really stick out, so yeah. I think if a person is a lying disrespectful physco, too bad if they end up in a blog.

Oh I fully concede there's whackjobs out there, and again, it's the bloggers prerogative to call them out. I'm also saying, that someone reading it can see it from another perspective, where, ok, the lies which were peddled were called out, but so was the (in the example I used) accent, appearance and it could be perceived, social status of the individual. Not everyone appreciates that level of dissection of character, no matter how honest it is.

can I just say, having actually tried online dating, I think honey ecs blog post was quite tame. Should I write one, I'd be also including the cheating husbands (3 stand out. One is a pathalogical liar. Uses the name Steve/Sean and would do anything with a pulse. His level of deception is worrying and would put anyone off relationships for fear that "Steve/Sean" was really their boyfriend. The other one cheats on his wife because she can't have kids and the other one cheats on his wife cause she's pregnant and too tired for sex), my best friends creepy ex, who kept viewing my profile and clicked that he wanted to meet me. The gambling addict that worked on the street next to the street j worked on, and used to send me messages to tell me subway was bad for me or that I looked good on the way to work. Or maybe the male nurse that used to get really turned on at the thoughts of gay sex and "catching the gift" (the gift being HIV) who proceeded to make a couple of fake profiles after I blocked him. Then there's the guy who offered me money to sleep with him and couldn't understand why I wouldn't feel flattered at that, and the most recent gem, was the message I recieved no later than yesterday asking me when I would die and went on to tell me how he'd go about killing me. Now, they're only the ones that really stick out, so yeah. I think if a person is a lying disrespectful physco, too bad if they end up in a blog.

what kind of lunatics do you attract :p

my brief foray into online dating was full of timewasters "oh you're not looking for anything serious, even though it says that on your profile multiple times? wish I knew" psychos, bored wives and one word answerers. WHAT is the point in doing the online thing if you cant string a sentence together as a response to an open question? oh and the txt spker whos messages were completely unreadable, paraphrased example "ye jst n dis fr d cric lst rshp ws 2 yrs brk me hr8 hv 2yr old chld dat ok lololoX xxxxx"

jesus...real life dating for me from now on

• Advertisement

Hahaha, did you give the heartbroken single mother a chance then?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement