Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

We have compiled based on your personality profile the top 3 jobs most suited to you:

1. Insurance underwriter
    2. Accountant or auditor
    3. Tax preparer

my mom says i'm cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Posy wrote: »
    Damn, I love Christmas earrings!
    Only 174 days to go, people! :D :pac:

Yay! I love Christmas, can't wait, helped mainly by the fact that I've been eating tiny pieces of Christmas cake all week, I'll be breaking out the mulled wine soon! :pac:

Javagal hope Baby Coffeebean comes soon, want me to call ahead to the labour ward to have an alcoholic beverage or seven waiting for you afterwards? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Jessibelle wrote: »
    Oh I fully concede there's whackjobs out there, and again, it's the bloggers prerogative to call them out. I'm also saying, that someone reading it can see it from another perspective, where, ok, the lies which were peddled were called out, but so was the (in the example I used) accent, appearance and it could be perceived, social status of the individual. Not everyone appreciates that level of dissection of character, no matter how honest it is.

Fair enough, it's not for everyone. But I've always been a very honest blogger and I'm not going to change that just to protect some people's* sensitivities. And if the Hunky Dreamboat is one of those people then, sadly, maybe he's not the man for me.

*No one here, or specifically. Just people in general!

super healthy diet to lose weight go!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Polloloca wrote: »
    Hahaha, did you give the heartbroken single mother a chance then?!

Ha no, the spelling would have made my brain explode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Bit of a bad mood. Might head off for a long walk instead of my usual one.

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »

I'm holding out hope that I'll finish work early today and get to go for a long walk in the thunder showers I'm hearing on the forecast :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Posy wrote: »
    Damn, I love Christmas earrings!
    Only 174 days to go, people! :D :pac:
    174 days?! :D I'll save a euro a day I'll have the presents sorted :D :pac:

Have to go into town in about an hour and of course it just had to start raining.... :rolleyes: Bloody weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

What's up Jane?

I'm seriously thinking of leaving the country. I can't stand these horrible summers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Then there's the guy who offered me money to sleep with him and couldn't understand why I wouldn't feel flattered at that, and the most recent gem, was the message I recieved no later than yesterday asking me when I would die and went on to tell me how he'd go about killing me. Now, they're only the ones that really stick out, so yeah. I think if a person is a lying disrespectful physco, too bad if they end up in a blog.

:eek::eek: Please tell me you've brought that one to the attention of the Gardaí..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

:eek::eek: Please tell me you've brought that one to the attention of the Gardaí..

No I blocked him.
    I don't have a pic up anymore so good luck to him finding me.

No I blocked him.
    I don't have a pic up anymore so good luck to him finding me.

It's the other people he might meet that I'd be worried about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

To be fair I probably antagonised him.

To be fair I probably antagonised him.

antagonising doesn't warrant death threats, are you serious :confused:

A friend of my boyfriend's wife was expecting their second child in 2 weeks time, late last week the doctor couldn't find the baby's heartbeat so they scheduled her for a C-Section over the weekend. He hadn't heard from him since and needed to contact him about something else today, baby was born healthy and perfect over the weekend, both are doing fine, phew!

bluewolf wrote: »
    antagonising doesn't warrant death threats, are you serious :confused:

It doesn't, but they're sad little keyboard warriors, I wouldn't be letting it keep me awake at night. Block & report the user and move on. It's for site admin to deal with, not the Gardai.

I had the following charmer message me over the weekend:

"Luv to meet for fun".

Didn't bother replying, for myriad reasons. Woke up on Saturday morning to the following charming missives, sent within 20 minutes of eachother:

"Here what makes u so special as to ignore people when they msg u like ur no oil painting urself"

and

"No personality ignorant rude shallow dragged-up bent c*nt is all u are a good kick in the mouth u need u low life tramp"

I'm not going to lie, I LOL'd, profusely. Then reported him.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Acoshla wrote: »
    A friend of my boyfriend's wife was expecting their second child in 2 weeks time, late last week the doctor couldn't find the baby's heartbeat so they scheduled her for a C-Section over the weekend. He hadn't heard from him since and needed to contact him about something else today, baby was born healthy and perfect over the weekend, both are doing fine, phew!

Oh God, that's shocking. But thank feck for the good outcome.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Someone please come and take my stomach away. Fu*king vomiting bug. :(

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Oh God, that's shocking. But thank feck for the good outcome.

Yeah, I was expecting the worst, boyfriend was terrified calling him in case it was bad news but had to call him, all is well! Boyfriend has to meet up with him tomorrow, herself and the baby are still in hospital, if not (and if I wasn't working!) I would totally be going along to meet teeny tiny baby, I loves them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Has anyone here ordered UPC online, and if so, how long do they take to call you back/send out the stuff?

Going a little stir crazy with no tv or internet at home....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Yeah, I was expecting the worst, boyfriend was terrified calling him in case it was bad news but had to call him, all is well! Boyfriend has to meet up with him tomorrow, herself and the baby are still in hospital, if not (and if I wasn't working!) I would totally be going along to meet teeny tiny baby, I loves them!

Someones getting brooooddy :P

Honey-ec wrote: »
    It doesn't, but they're sad little keyboard warriors, I wouldn't be letting it keep me awake at night. Block & report the user and move on. It's for site admin to deal with, not the Gardai.

I'd sooner let the Gardaí decide what's worth pursuing and what's not in a case like that.

Nope, I have always loved teeny tiny babies, anything up to about 18 months I like, then I want to hand them over and not see them until they're in their 20's. Which is basically what my Nan did, actually she handed them over to the nanny at 2 weeks and only saw them then when they were dressed and ready to go places :o

I was telling my boyfriend's sister a few days ago about how cute my godchild is, she got this really hopeful look on her face and said "You wanna have a baby?" and I just said nope, I want to wrap myself in contraception, she was unimpressed, how does she not know me better by now? :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I want to wrap myself in contraception

I have 96 condoms on their way to me. Do you think it's physically possible? We could try... :D

I'd sooner let the Gardaí decide what's worth pursuing and what's not in a case like that.

I'm not going to get into another debate about what's police business and what isn't, but I've a couple of friends who are Gardai and I know exactly what they'd say if I asked them what would happen if someone arrived at the public desk in their station to make a complaint about an anonymous threat made on a dating website that isn't even hosted in Ireland.

But we'll agree to disagree.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I have 96 condoms on their way to me. Do you think it's physically possible? We could try... :D

My friend said she could see my plan, wrap self in condoms, boyfriend won't be able to touch me because I'd be all slippy :p

i knew i should have posted a referral link for those condoms so i could get free groupon credit :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Nope, I have always loved teeny tiny babies, anything up to about 18 months I like, then I want to hand them over and not see them until they're in their 20's. Which is basically what my Nan did, actually she handed them over to the nanny at 2 weeks and only saw them then when they were dressed and ready to go places :o

I was telling my boyfriend's sister a few days ago about how cute my godchild is, she got this really hopeful look on her face and said "You wanna have a baby?" and I just said nope, I want to wrap myself in contraception, she was unimpressed, how does she not know me better by now? :p

lol, I was just thinking the same thing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

What's up Jane?

I'm seriously thinking of leaving the country. I can't stand these horrible summers.

I got accepted into the course I applied for but don't think I can do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I got accepted into the course I applied for but don't think I can do it.

Aww, why not?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement