Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I got ID'd for a half pint of London Pride during the Champions League final in a pub in London last month. Given that I'm 28 in a few weeks, I found that pretty funny :p
    Lol my cousin is 35 this year and still get ID's, she was in a hardware store last year and wanted to buy white spirits or something and she had to show her ID.

My bf who is 26 this month was refused alcohol in Aldi recently because his 17 yo sister was with him and she didn't have ID.

Whenever I buy alcohol in Aldi I am always asked for ID, in Supervalu it only happens when I have the awkward girl serving me.

In Dunnes, I never get ID mainly because all the staff know me, I've been doing shopping there for years, the only time I am asked for ID is when there's a new manager around, never any other time though.

Have never had to show ID in any pubs though, only twice going into a club. Funnily enough, they were the only times I was ever in a nightclub.
    Sacramento wrote: »
    They didn't last long together, I still joke with her how clingy he was from the first date. Cuddling her even when everyone else was still in the room, it was cringeworthy! Maybe they're all talk?

Now tea, there's a good idea.
    Hah sometimes in my bf's house he might give me a peck/quick kiss or put his arms around me and his brother and brother girlfriend sometimes says "will ye give it up" :o

In my house though we are always giving quick kisses and no remarks are ever made. If we were in other relations company/houses though we wouldn't do it as often.

Tea and treats for all :D

A+little+tray+of+tea+004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

talking fo great game themes

I NEVER get Id'd due to my facial hair I think. Pretty much since I was 18 (26 now) it's been easy to buy alcohol :)

I've discovered something terrible.... I've no milk in the fridge! And I've to change the tyres on my car... I'll tea it up to the max after.

Oh and Muffin, I'll have the thing with the pink thing on it. Thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Has anyone here ever watched Farscape?

girlfriend and I started watching it from the start, the first season was extremely shaky, but after that it got amazing and is still one of my favourite sci fi shows ever. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Links234 wrote: »

girlfriend and I started watching it from the start, the first season was extremely shaky, but after that it got amazing and is still one of my favourite sci fi shows ever. :D

We've added it to our Netflix queue on your bullying insistence.

Haven't started yet though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I'm 30 in a few weeks and still get asked for id in bars.

Links234 wrote: »

I'll give it a look, just finished up the current seasons of Mad men and Game of Thrones. Maybe it'll do me until Breaking bad starts up again.

Everyone in this thread must look so youthful! I must remember to stalk you all for pictures later on. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

ellieh1 wrote: »
    My daughters school report arrived today, seems to be nearly the opposite as to how she got on last year, she scored poor on her social and personal development this year. She says she is poor at managing her own feelings..... The mind boggles....

Do you know if she'll have a new teacher next year??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Just had to take in a delivery for my bf and the delivery guys says to me "is this for your boyfriend?" "Yes", says I, "he's always talking about ya, he's madly in love with ya", I went bright red. :o

Brightened up my otherwise dull day!

Awwww! That's really cute! :D
    I got ID'd for a half pint of London Pride during the Champions League final in a pub in London last month. Given that I'm 28 in a few weeks, I found that pretty funny :p

I'm asked for ID a lot and I'm almost 24. Probably because I'm smaller than average. My bf as actually asked why he was going out with a "young one" by someone in his home town who had seen us together. :o Probably due to the fact that he's been grey since he was younger and he's nearly 28 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Talking of IDs I haven't been asked for 4 years I was 28 when I was last asked.

However I was on the train home from Dublin last week with my 12 year old, the women opposite thought we were sisters and both aged around 16. When I'm with my daughter a lot of people think we're of a simular age. ( there is 19 years between us) I'm almost 32 :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I'm only 25 and I can't remember the last time I was asked for ID. I don't even remember getting asked for ID all that often when I was younger. Maybe once or twice going into clubs when I was 18. Have always been told I look older than my age though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I make a huge fuss when I'm asked for ID. But secretly, I love it :D

I'm only 25 and I can't remember the last time I was asked for ID. I don't even remember getting asked for ID all that often when I was younger. Maybe once or twice going into clubs when I was 18. Have always been told I look older than my age though.

I got asked for Id less when I was younger due to all the bouncers knowing me, ( I was under age and had a fake I'd) after I was pregnant I rarely went out and all the bouncers changed. They don't ask the ones the recognise, they ask the ones they dont recognise.

You must be a regular.... :)

I make a huge fuss when I'm asked for ID. But secretly, I love it :D
    Do you carry Id, I stopped ages ago, they take my word for it that I'm in my 30's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Do you carry Id, I stopped ages ago, they take my word for it that I'm in my 30's.

Yeh my garda age card is in my purse.

Currently I have 4 different ID's. My hair is different in all of them and looks nothing like any of them anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I got asked for Id less when I was younger due to all the bouncers knowing me, ( I was under age and had a fake I'd) after I was pregnant I rarely went out and all the bouncers changed. They don't ask the ones the recognise, they ask the ones they dont recognise.

You must be a regular.... :)

:o maybe :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Just so ye know ladies, yer legally required to carry age ID if you want to enter a licensed premises. If not, it can be used as an excuse to refuse you at the door!

@Grindelwald: You and your daughter ARE like sisters!! I saw yer race photo and she looks way older than 13! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I didn't get asked for ID when I was buying alcohol in Tesco last week and for some reason, I was a little bit sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Oh sweet jebus I am tired. :(

I used to get asked for ID a lot. When I lived in the US and went into a bar anyone who was with me would get asked for ID as well. When I was in my mid-20s I had someone accuse me of using a fake id cause there was no way I looked old enough to drink :pac:

i dont get asked for id
    didnt underage dont now
    a couple times at most i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭NCONTHEMC

I would LOVE someone to ask me for my ID!! Enjoy it while you can!;)

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Just so ye know ladies, yer legally required to carry age ID if you want to enter a licensed premises. If not, it can be used as an excuse to refuse you at the door!

@Grindelwald: You and your daughter ARE like sisters!! I saw yer race photo and she looks way older than 13! :O

I thought only under 25s were required to carry id, oh well, I know for next time...

My young lady will be 13 in Sept, she does look older, the mini marathon is for over 14s and they don't ask for i'd, so I signed her up. will do the same again next year, so hoping to jog it with her next year... She wants to get a good time, I sowed her down this year as I was busting for the toilet after 1k.. It was so hot I was drinking like a fish..

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I did that when I was younger too, my aunt needed extra people walking or running to do it because she was raising money for charity and I got entered at age 12 and 13 for it - and about 4 more times as a teenager. Finished every year swearing I'd run it the next year, didn't actually run it until I was 25, and probably won't do it again until I can run a sub-45 10k for an "elite" entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I was renewing my library card the other day and the librarian asked me if I was over 18. I'm 27 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I get id'd in tesco and sometimes in shops if the cashier is older. I was once told I had a "baby face". I think maybe it's because I look naturally guilty all the time haha, I'm not sure. I was told on Saturday night I looked 28. I could have cried. Once a girl in tesco id'd me and when I showed my ID she exclaimed that I was older than her, "no way!". I was quite insulted actually given that I'm 23 - no dinasaour.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Remember walking into a pub in Leeds when I was over with my mum and sister for my 21st and some yoke came over all authoritive and asked if I was 18. I wasn't even f*cking drinking, literally as soon as I walked in think she thought I was on my own and just appeared to be acting the wagon.

Never really get/got ID'd here. Always get ID'd in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Pretty upset today. I'm not sure how many knock backs I can take anymore

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got asked for I.D IN dunnes a few weeks back,granted I was clean shaven and then when I showed them My I.D They thought it was fake because I got my garda I.D in 2004 when they first came out And still have it

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

What's up Snoopy1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭iffy_2007

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Pretty upset today. I'm not sure how many knock backs I can take anymore

Hug from afar! I feel your pain, sent out pretty close to 50 CV's over the past month & not one response... Head - wall - bang!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement