Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

bluewolf wrote: »
    hotel responded to my awful review asking me to contact them directly

think i will

Definitely do. Could be a free overnight in it for you. In fact, I'd expect nothing less.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Happy birthday, Mars Bar! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Wish things were different. I really don't think college is going to work out. Maybe I'll just have to save and go next year instead. Living at home is driving me insane and I can't see that situation changing any time soon. College was my chance to get away from here but I don't think it's possible.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Definitely do. Could be a free overnight in it for you. In fact, I'd expect nothing less.

they have a thing at the moment where they gave us a 50 euro voucher each on leaving to be used within a year on a min 2 night stay, but we weren't too inclined or tempted even with that. and they're giving those out to all guests atm
    we'll see
    i'm not ringing to try and get free stuff but they do need to be told to cop on

i mean they still have the deal up on their website which is a lie

"Heritage Signature Massage – 1hr 30 mins €140,Full body relaxing hot oil massage, includes a soothing scalp & foot massage and up to 3 hours relaxing in The Heritage Spa Experience before or after your massage."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Can anyone recommend a central-ish hotel in Limerick that's not too pricy? Jury's is booked out.

• Advertisement

Can anyone recommend a central-ish hotel in Limerick that's not too pricy? Jury's is booked out.

http://megadeals.pigsback.com/megadeal/38090

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Wish things were different. I really don't think college is going to work out. Maybe I'll just have to save and go next year instead. Living at home is driving me insane and I can't see that situation changing any time soon. College was my chance to get away from here but I don't think it's possible.

student loan, move out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

The Great Southern isn't very central though. Perys, or the George or the Absolute would be quite central. The George may be a little pricey, but Perys or the Absolute should be better.

krudler wrote: »
    student loan, move out.

I'm considering that. I don't know if I can take living here much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Das Kitty wrote: »
    It's obvious. Baby Coffeebean.

Did you get that from "java" ?
    It's actually the computer language java my name refers too.

Oh jokes we should call her byte, so when she gets bigger she can be mega,kilo,giga and then when she gets married she can be terrabyte!!
    Sorry nerd joke!!

Jane, I'm in college on BTEA atm and no, I don't get a grant but the Kildare Co.Co. Pay for my fees so all I pay for college a year is 93euro- It works out really well!! If you decide to go to Maynooth, I can drive ya! ;)

• Advertisement

yea but the others have food names so that's what yer gettin :pac:

javagal wrote: »
    Jane, I'm in college on BTEA atm and no, I don't get a grant but the Kildare Co.Co. Pay for my fees so all I pay for college a year is 93euro- It works out really well!! If you decide to go to Maynooth, I can drive ya! ;)

If I could get Laois Co. Co. to do something similar I might actually manage it because I do have a little bit saved in the Credit Union.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The Strand?

If I could get Laois Co. Co. to do something similar I might actually manage it because I do have a little bit saved in the Credit Union.

that's what i was saying earlier
    they all will if you're on btea

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Did you get that from "java" ?
    It's actually the computer language java my name refers too.

Oh jokes we should call her byte, so when she gets bigger she can be mega,kilo,giga and then when she gets married she can be terrabyte!!
    Sorry nerd joke!!

Javagal v2.0 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm considering that. I don't know if I can take living here much longer.

aint nothing gonna change unless you do it yourself though

I'm sorry bluewolf I must have misunderstood. My head is all over the place at the moment. :(

krudler wrote: »
    aint nothing gonna change unless you do it yourself though

I know that.

yea but the others have food names so that's what yer gettin :pac:

Cheesecake face?

Well best thing for you to do is apply and see if you get a place, you don't have to accept anything but at least you can try see if it will work for you.

If you are entitled to BTEA,you will be automatically be entitled to your fees paid!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Cheesecake face?

JavaBeans.

will be joined by her brother JavaScript in three years time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Can't believe I didn't think of this, yep your fees would be largely paid! That plus BTEA and you'd be flying, once you get a decent rent rate you can feed yourself very cheaply, once you have a cookbook, a lot easier in your own kitchen :)

Dolorous wrote: »
    Can't believe I didn't think of this, yep your fees would be largely paid! That plus BTEA and you'd be flying, once you get a decent rent rate you can feed yourself very cheaply, once you have a cookbook, a lot easier in your own kitchen :)

chicken fillets for 99c each in the butcher and bags of frozen veg
    om nom nom cheap

Das Kitty wrote: »
    JavaBeans.

will be joined by her brother JavaScript in three years time...

Your all fabolous nerds :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

What's a javascript :confused: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I suggest this:

tcp-ip.jpg

Well best thing for you to do is apply and see if you get a place, you don't have to accept anything but at least you can try see if it will work for you.

If you are entitled to BTEA,you will be automatically be entitled to your fees paid!!

I've been offered the college place but I haven't sent back the registration form etc yet. There's a student contribution fee of 2250 to be paid in August and I don't have that sort of money.
    chicken fillets for 99c each in the butcher and bags of frozen veg
    om nom nom cheap

If I could get those fees paid I could live on very very little.

I've been offered the college place but I haven't sent back the registration form etc yet. There's a student contribution fee of 2250 to be paid in August and I don't have that sort of money.

Well you dont need to have it, so contact the btea & grant people first thing in the morning and get it sorted
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

I've just written two thank you cards to lecturers; one was my supervisor, the other is the lecturer of the subject I plan to do my masters on - and I've dealt with them a lot with stuff over the last three years.... they start to get a bit gushy, which is bad, but like, I couldn't properly get the "You were incredible, thank you so much" out eloquently...

I aimed for being really subtle; "if you were unwed, I hope that you would take me in a manly fashion".

It doesn't particularly address the gratitude for the teaching and the clinical placement though so I do worry that I was a little bit too subtle. :o

• Advertisement

This is the part the council would pay deary..
    Colleges are not very strict on deadlines either, so apply to the council and just tell college your waiting on grant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement