Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My stupid internet keeps cutting out. *kicks it* Stupid WiMax...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Acoshla wrote: »
    Forgot to put on my FitFlop runners for work today and now my knees and calves are killing me, that'll teach me!

The person I dislike is on telly again, her voice gave me shivers during an ad I wasn't even listening to, I can sense her!

So ugly but so so so comfy.
    Kiera wrote: »
    Hmmmm... How do I put this nicely?

Get fcuked!

:p

But but but but who will sing me soft kitty?? You can have Lennord??
    You didn't play nice with Krudler so you don't get Sheldon!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Fun day. 4th of July parade outside work, fireworks outside my house, everyone in Galway in great form.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Kiera wrote: »
    You didn't play nice with Krudler so you don't get Sheldon!

But but but he was the one that suggested the fight!!!

I only did as I was told!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Fair enough, it's not for everyone. But I've always been a very honest blogger and I'm not going to change that just to protect some people's* sensitivities. And if the Hunky Dreamboat is one of those people then, sadly, maybe he's not the man for me.

*No one here, or specifically. Just people in general!

I'm just playing devils advocate, as it is something I could see others having difficulties with but YAY to no change :D It's one of the things I admire about your blog is the candour of it, that and the chicken recipes. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

But but but he was the one that suggested the fight!!!

I only did as I was told!!!

sheldon-smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

"Omg, no way! You guys are like working today?"
    "Yes sir, we're based in Dublin, Ireland. It's not a public holiday for us."
    "Wow! But who would even call you guys today?"

Well, people like you, dickhead! You are the reason I am in work and not at home in my bed!!

It's like the UB thing...people are going in roaring at staff...what, exactly, is that going to achieve? I feel really sorry for people working jobs like that:(

me :(

Albection wrote: »
    Someone that I don't really know put this up on facebook earlier:

Even IF it's true, I really fail to see what someone could be proud of that. :confused:

Pure small world syndrome, I know that person too! :eek:
    I'm more than positive it's meant tongue in cheek, the person in question would not be the type to go around making anyone cry, especially not deliberately. *Goes to stalk the friends list to find photos of Albection*

krudler wrote: »
    me :(

I hope to feic you didn't shout at people in UB:eek::eek::eek:

Oh wait.....yes....I get you now.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Jessibelle wrote: »
    *Goes to stalk the friends list to find photos of Albection*

That one of me and the goat is taken out of context!
    <_<
    >_>

/flees state

I hope to feic you didn't shout at people in UB:eek::eek::eek:

Oh wait.....yes....I get you now.....

lol no, working in retail for years means I know shouting at people in shops gets you nowhere, nor does screaming down the phone to people. I genuinely dont understand why people think shouting is the best way to get something done. if something goes wrong its an annoyance sure, but calmly explaining the issue and realising the person at the other end may not be able to sort it there and then is going to get you helped a lot more. It takes a lot to phase me these days, once you've been called a cnut by a customer there aint much more anyone can say to insult you.

lol no, working in retail for years means I know shouting at people in shops gets you nowhere, nor does screaming down the phone to people. I genuinely dont understand why people think shouting is the best way to get something done. if something goes wrong its an annoyance sure, but calmly explaining the issue and realising the person at the other end may not be able to sort it there and then is going to get you helped a lot more. It takes a lot to phase me these days, once you've been called a cnut by a customer there aint much more anyone can say to insult you.

What about being called a
    poopie-head
    ? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

If someone called me that c word to my face I'd probably spit in their eye*

*cry.

That one of me and the goat is taken out of context!
    <_<
    >_>

/flees state

And the one with the pygmy shrew?? O.o

If I ever do move out of my parents house, I'm going to get two cats and I will call them Schrodinger and Zazzles.

Jessibelle wrote: »
    And the one with the pygmy shrew?? O.o

No, that's pretty much what it looks like. :o

Though the lighting doesn't really capture the extensive facial damage.... :(

Continuing the small worldedness, I think I've actually found you! Will take it to PM now. :)

This.

This.

Threatening physical violence is another perplexing thing.

A man once threatened to hit me over the head with a crutch because I couldn't tell him when his doctor would be on the ward to see him.

I didn't even know who the fecking doctor was ffs. :(

the big bang theory has been on for 5 years come this september, thats half a decade. where in the hell are these years going to?!

Friends began in 1994, thats nearly 18 years! thats an adult ago.

I'm so freakin old..

• Advertisement

the big bang theory has been on for 5 years come this september, thats half a decade. where in the hell are these years going to?!

I'm so freakin old..

You forgot the Simpsons! Started in 1988 as a sketch on the Tracy Ulman Show. 24 years!

I'm so freakin old..

WE'RE NOT OLD

WE ARE DURTY THIRTY

IS NOT OLD >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Wow! The simpsons are older than me. Creepy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Angry customers seem to think being a dick is gonna get them places. I'd bend over backwards (not literally!) for a nice customer and I'd help them out in any way I could but when somebody is shouting down the phone at me, I do the absolute minimum for them that I can get away with.

McChubbin wrote: »
    You forgot the Simpsons! Started in 1988 as a sketch on the Tracy Ulman Show. 24 years!

I saw the very first Simpsons episode (as its own show) when Sky aired it. I was 9 at the time. it hasnt been good for well over a decade now, but up until season 9-ish, amazing. It saddens me that there are twice as many crap episodes as good ones now :(

Fresh Prince of Bel Air is 22 years old

Rugrats is 21 years old :eek:

/old

Polloloca wrote: »
    Wow! The simpsons are older than me. Creepy

ican'tbelieveyoudon'tshutup

Novella wrote: »
    Angry customers seem to think being a dick is gonna get them places.

A lot of the time it does though. :(

People would soon cop on if they were told that they'd be getting no service until they pissed off and grew up.

ican'tbelieveyoudon'tshutup

hehe, I wont start simpsons quoting cos the last time I did that it ended up spiralling into a thread of epicness, which is still going strong :cool: I thought it'd get locked after a handful of responses lol

/old
    /mature and wise

FYP

Although, I'm only a little under 24, so I think I still count as young, right? :p

• Advertisement

A lot of the time it does though. :(

People would soon cop on if they were told that they'd be getting no service until they pissed off and grew up.

Its pandering to people I hate, like if a company messes up something, sorts it and everything is hunky dory I dont expect compensation, if they give it great hey I wont complain but this self entitlement nonsense is getting out of hand. the littlewoods fiasco earlier in the year is testament to that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement