Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Apologies.. :o;)

No, I was definitely only joking.

That doesn't even register on the radar of the depths to which this thread can sink.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Tonight is draggggggging. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Albection wrote: »
    No, I was definitely only joking.

That doesn't even register on the radar of the depths to which this thread can sink.

:)

Lol I know. :)

This thread can get filthy.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

This is going on FOREVER!!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Can't sleep tonight. And now I'm hungry.

To do list:
    #1. Fix body clock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

kate.m wrote: »
    Can't sleep tonight. And now I'm hungry.

To do list:
    #1. Fix body clock

You're not the only one :( In the past three days I've probably slept 15 hours.. not enough!

Packing up the Kindle soon and going to read until I nod off.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

McChubbin wrote: »
    I'd buy an electric toothbrush but for two reasons: 1 I have no bathroom sockets to charge it and 2, I have very little money right now.
    Boots do a battery operated one for €7.99, in case the dentist does recommend one. :)
    krudler wrote: »
    I saw the very first Simpsons episode (as its own show) when Sky aired it. I was 9 at the time. it hasnt been good for well over a decade now, but up until season 9-ish, amazing. It saddens me that there are twice as many crap episodes as good ones now :(
    I am so sad that they have dragged The Simpsons on so so far past it's prime. It should have ended at the latest about 10 years ago and remained legendary. And don't even mention the film!
    I used to be twitching with anticipation on Sunday evenings waiting for the new episode to be on. Then it got to a point when it was about a year since I'd seen a new episode that wasn't crap and it was time to stop watching. That was a sad day for me. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

A decent sized spider has decided to meander down from the ceiling at his leisure, pause just before head height and say hello :)

At least I wasn't asleep or just woke up..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

dfx- wrote: »
    A decent sized spider has decided to meander down from the ceiling at his leisure, pause just before head height and say hello :)

At least I wasn't asleep or just woke up..

I had an incident with an eight-legger yesterday.

Ran into him hanging from the kitchen light fitting as I was walking to the sink. He went on my arm and when I arrived at the sink he jumped in. I scrabbled to rescue him but he bolted for freedom and hared it down the plughole. :(

Poor spidey. He was cool and green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I really like writing on bright yellow postits.

Have my desk covered in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Last day in my current job. Thought this day would never come.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ugh still have a fever today. Stupid stomach bug is stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Lucyfur wrote: »
    So ugly but so so so comfy.

My FitFlop runners aren't ugly! :( The flip flop things are, the runners are lovely, mine are metallic navy blue, I loves them, have them on now :)
    Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I haven't been since I was 12.. :eek: :o

:eek: I hate the dentist but make myself go at least every two years for a cleaning. I have no fillings so it must be paying off, trying to see if I can get to 30 without any :) Having invisible braces for 3 years on and off made me some bit more used to it, I miss my Canadian dentist though, he was the nicest.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Acoshla wrote: »
    My FitFlop runners aren't ugly! :( The flip flop things are, the runners are lovely, mine are metallic navy blue, I loves them, have them on now :)

:eek: I hate the dentist but make myself go at least every two years for a cleaning. I have no fillings so it must be paying off, trying to see if I can get to 30 without any :) Having invisible braces for 3 years on and off made me some bit more used to it, I miss my Canadian dentist though, he was the nicest.

whats healthcare like in Canada for people on working visas? Canadian healthcare is meant to be excellent just wondering if thats for residents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I was getting braces privately so I don't know, sorry. Neither of us were ever at a doctor while we were there so couldn't tell you.

havent been in a good while except to the teeth whitening lady
    had braces treatment finished when i was about 18 or 19 and havent been back since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Stone roses gig tonight and I fit back into my fave jeans. I'm gonna look hawt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Played the entire tag match last night due to lack of subs and didn't die - I'm marginally less unfit than I thought, huzzah!

That means I can go to Eddie Rockets for lunch, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Thats ok bus, be 30 mins late! Its.not like I need to be on time for work like.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Haven't been to the dentist since it stopped being free. Have never had any problems with my teeth, have always looked after them. My oldest brother and sister had a few filings and what not but me and my other bro have never had anything done.

The last time I went they did tell me my teeth were thinning though from too much fizzy drinks/acidic fruit. Still caused me no probs since, thankfully.

*touch wood*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I go every 6 or so months for checkups. Never had a tooth out nor never had a filling, so I'll keep going. Would hate to be gummy. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I haven't been to the dentist since last December when I had to fork out €400 for a root canal.

I was meant to go back in June for a check up, but couldn't afford the €70 for it.

I'm so tired today, stayed at the bf's last night, woke up numerous times, then he woke up at 7am thinking it was 7.45am, so after checking his phone we went back to sleep and had to get up at 8.15am :(

I always feel wrecked after coming home from his place, I actually dunno why though.

Have my last session of therapy today for my depression, really not sure that I want to finish therapy, my therapist doesn't think I need therapy, but I'm not so sure, hmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I go once a year here. It's so cheap that it's worth it (well you have to pay a lot of the equivalent of PRSI contributions but you'd be paying that anyway). Also, I used to be afraid of the dentist, but I have found it's less scary to go regularly and have less work to get done, than to avoid it and go once in a blue moon (or only when you have a problem) and then have to get loads of painful stuff done.

Actually I must go soon, my teeth are a bit stained...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I always feel wrecked after coming home from his place, I actually dunno why though.
    :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Polloloca wrote: »
    :D:D
    :pac:

That's not the reason. :P

and I'm definitely not pregnant :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

krudler wrote: »
    thats her, she's funny

Yeah she is. I always find her really funny on the Graham Norton show when she's on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Ooh, submitted my Med1s for last year and the year before on PAYE Online on Monday and the money went into my account today.

I doff my cap to you, Revenue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

PAYE online is the best thing ever. I claimed two years worth of rent relief on it recently and got the lump sums into my account within a week. It was lovely :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

it never seems to work for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I cry when my parents approach me with the dreaded sentence, "Mary, will you log onto the revenue website for me?".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement