Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

im not good at keeping receipts but i might try this med1 business too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

bluewolf wrote: »
    im not good at keeping receipts but i might try this med1 business too

You don't have to submit the receipts with your claim. However, they can ask for them, so it's not a good idea to claim for anything you don't have the receipts for. I had at least double the expenses I claimed for, but couldn't find half the receipts and I can guarantee you that I'd be the mug they'd ask for them if I decided to chance my arm...

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

What's med1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I kneaded 2.5kg of icing for 30 minutes yesterday, some workout, my abs are killing me every time I lean forward or lift something! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Albection wrote: »
    :eek: Charming! :eek:

I'll retreat for now.

You've won this one Lucyfur, but you've not heard the last of me yet!

/vanishes in puff of smoke

I know!! The poor nurse in the room nearly choked.
    Acoshla wrote: »
    My FitFlop runners aren't ugly! :( The flip flop things are, the runners are lovely, mine are metallic navy blue, I loves them, have them on now :)

I have the flip flops fit flops and MBT runners. They are horrible but do amazing things for my back so I luff them:D

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I have the flip flops fit flops and MBT runners. They are horrible but do amazing things for my back so I luff them:D

You should get FitFlop runners, they're pretty and comfy :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Nother Fit-flop fan here. Got the clogs for winter, and brown and black flip flops too. Love em. Never had a bit of back ache during pregnncy. I dont think they are ugly tho.

Ah they're not awful....they're just a bit clunky...I've been buying fit flops for years and they've gotten so much prettier over the years.

Gonna have a look for the runners, need a new pair. Have the sketcher shape ups too

Ok I take back everything I said!! Just looked at the runners online, they're really nice:D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

According to the e-mail I just got, Laois Co. Co. aren't dealing with grants anymore, it's the SUSI which is the grant application that I had started yesterday. Which means no college for me, I just won't be able to afford it with just the grant because I can't get BTEA with it. I just don't have 2 grand for fees and I won't be able to get by on 330 euro a month. Maybe I'll just save like fcuk and go next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    According to the e-mail I just got, Laois Co. Co. aren't dealing with grants anymore, it's the SUSI which is the grant application that I had started yesterday. Which means no college for me, I just won't be able to afford it with just the grant because I can't get BTEA with it. I just don't have 2 grand for fees and I won't be able to get by on 330 euro a month. Maybe I'll just save like fcuk and go next year.

isnt BTEA more than that? you'd get rent allowance as well so you'd have more than 330 a month

why are you applying for just the grant, didn't we settle with you yesterday you're getting BTEA and the grant is covering FEES only and your BTEA & extra cost of education payments are enough to live on

:confused::confused::confused:

nobody is asking you to have 2 grand for fees

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

BTEA is the same as social welfare payment.

Where are you applying for college Jane? Student accommodation if you can get it on campus is quite cheap.

http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp7237/back-to-education-allowance/index.html
    Eligibility for a student grant while in receipt of BTEA

Since September 2010, students entering a new course who are in receipt of the BTEA are no longer eligible for a maintenance grant. Such students can, however, apply under the student grant scheme to have the student contribution charge and any tuition fees payable for the course paid on their behalf.

Students currently in receipt of both the BTEA and maintenance will continue to be eligible for both payments for the duration of their current course provided they meet the terms and conditions of the student grant scheme.

http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp9543/postgraduate-students/index.html
    Postgraduate students who meet the qualifying conditions for the special rate of grant will be eligible to have their post-graduate tuition fees paid up to the maximum fee limit (€6,270).

A further limited number of students who would previously have qualified under the standard grant thresholds will qualify to have a €2,000 contribution made towards the costs of their fees. The new income threshold for this payment is as follows:

yea we told her that yesterday

jane can you get by on BTEA or not, i assume you can if it's the same as SW and you get the bonus 300 euro payment in september as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Have the sketcher shape ups too

They got taken to court over the claims they were making about Shape-Ups and are no longer allowed to make said claims! All a load of made-up bunkum!

Skechers specifically, this is.

krudler wrote: »
    isnt BTEA more than that? you'd get rent allowance as well so you'd have more than 330 a month
    why are you applying for just the grant, didn't we settle with you yesterday you're getting BTEA and the grant is covering FEES only and your BTEA & extra cost of education payments are enough to live on

:confused::confused::confused:

nobody is asking you to have 2 grand for fees

It's either the grant or BTEA, you can't get both.
    BTEA is the same as social welfare payment.

Where are you applying for college Jane? Student accommodation if you can get it on campus is quite cheap.

No student accomodation on campus, I've applied to Athlone IT.

Technically mine isn't a post grad according to the AIT website.

• Advertisement

jane we went through this yesterday

we know you cant get the grant with btea

but you CAN get the grant people to pay your fees and get the BTEA with it

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I don't understand why so many people are scared of the dentists :/ I kind of enjoy going! It's just so expensive.

In the past 3 years I've had 2 wisdom teeth taken out from my jaw (while I was awake!), had 4 premolers pulled...one of these caused dry socket which wasn't very fun...got braces...still have them! By next year I think I'll have paid almost 6 grand on my fecking teeth. €150 goes out of my account every month for my braces. I'm getting my teeth cleaned in 2 weeks which will cost €75 :eek:

yea we told her that yesterday

jane can you get by on BTEA or not, i assume you can if it's the same as SW and you get the bonus 300 euro payment in september as well
    jane we went through this yesterday

we know you cant get the grant with btea

but you CAN get the grant people to pay your fees and get the BTEA with it

:confused:

It's not doable. I'm going to try defer and go next year if I don't get a job by then. Thanks for your replies.

Are they getting rid of grants for Postgrads? I'll never be able to afford a Masters. Any I want to do in this country are in Dublin so will have to pay for accom too. Actually been looking into Masters in Sweden...they are free! And many are taught through English. It is a very expensive country otherwise, though.

I just don't have 2 grand for fees and I won't be able to get by on 330 euro a month. Maybe I'll just save like fcuk and go next year.

Hang on...you don't have to pay fees if you get the BTEA allowance or Grant...no?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

why can't you get btea?

Technically mine isn't a post grad according to the AIT website.

The first link I posted underlines that your fees will be paid by the grant people while you are on BTEA.

Lia I hate the dentist because I hate having someone so close to me like leaning over me, I hate all the sensations of them at my teeth, ugh, I shudder just thinking about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lia_lia wrote: »
    It's just so expensive.

that's why I'm afraid of the dentist :)

• Advertisement

why can't you get btea?

I can't get both the grant and btea like you could a couple of years back. I couldn't get by on either of them on their own even with the fees paid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement