Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm looking at a recipe book and I really really want to make cookies. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Pretty upset today. I'm not sure how many knock backs I can take anymore
    *hugs* hope you are okay :) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Do you know if she'll have a new teacher next year??

I am about 90% sure she will have a new teacher, but I dont know for definite yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

There is nothing more detrimental to a childs personal development than a cruel bully of a teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Polloloca wrote: »
    There is nothing more detrimental to a childs personal development than a cruel bully of a teacher.

There is, unfortunately - a cruel bully of a parent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Pretty upset today. I'm not sure how many knock backs I can take anymore
    *hugs* hope you are okay :) xx
    I'll be fine. Just had a knock back today when I thought things were going so well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

There is, unfortunately - a cruel bully of a parent.

Very true, WN, Thankfully I've only experienced the former, and it was awful enough. 14 yrs. And a lot of excellent lovely teachers. Too bad the only one that sticks out most is the one that made my life unbearable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

How do you make finger nails stronger? Mine keep breaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Trippy dreams. Links and her gf were there and I was checking them in to the military compound I was living on (I was some sort of soldier). Then some sort of enemy appeared and Links was insistent on completing her signing in to the register of visitors in spite of the danger. Me and MrsS were shouting at her to get a move on but she insisted on putting a smiley face after her signature. Eventually she was finished and ran, but the enemy was already in the camp. So I had to tackle the enemy and killed it with my bare hands. I was freakishly strong.

I've never killed anyone in a dream before. I was very blase about it.

This is totally out of character for me! I wouldn't draw a smiley face after my name, and I totally would've grabbed a gun and started shooting (and probably a P90, 'cos they're cool) :D

Kiera wrote: »
    sally Hansen nail strengthener

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

take zinc and vitamin c, healthier nails and hair. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hmm, so Charlize Theron has shaved her head for the new Mad Max movie, still looks good though, its not fair on the rest of us when theres people that good looking in the world :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

krudler wrote: »
    hmm, so Charlize Theron has shaved her head for the new Mad Max movie, still looks good though, its not fair on the rest of us when theres people that good looking in the world :pac:

In fairness you do have to be a stunner to carry off a shaved head or short "pixie" cut, look at Natalie Portman for example, shaved head in V for Vendetta, still gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

File them regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

krudler wrote: »
    She is beautiful.

In fairness you do have to be a stunner to carry off a shaved head or short "pixie" cut, look at Natalie Portman for example, shaved head in V for Vendetta, still gorgeous!

yeah she was, short hair wouldnt be a turnoff for me at all some women can pull it off really well.

She is beautiful.

yet Kirsten Stewart is better according to Snow White, shenanigans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

So I had that lunch that I was worrying about... I have just been offered a training contract! I haven't even finished my degree and I have a contract! I'm in ahock but absolutely delighted!

Oooh well done, that's fantastic! Hope I get as lucky when I finish college!
    Just had to take in a delivery for my bf and the delivery guys says to me "is this for your boyfriend?" "Yes", says I, "he's always talking about ya, he's madly in love with ya", I went bright red. :o

Brightened up my otherwise dull day!

Heh, one night I was out with my boyfriend and his friends, who kept telling me how lucky I am, because he loves me so much :o:)

I miss the Sims, think I might put it on my laptop if I can find the discs. I made an awesome Spice Girls house once :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Novella wrote: »
    Yeah, I love it. I have nothing bad to say about The Sims ever though, I'm essentially an addict. I was recovered, but not anymore!

I get into fits where I just don't want to go anywhere or do anything other than play the Sims.. There's so many things to try out and I haven't got to do half of them! Then after a few weeks of playing I lose interest and stop for a couple months.. Then the cycle begins again :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Gah!!! Twice yesterday and twice today I painted my nails and each time I had to take the varnish off cos it smudged/wouldn't dry.

I have a nice pink on them now and it still isn't dry, despite me putting the top coat on nearly 15mins ago. Grrr.

I want a chocolate eclair.

• Advertisement

can someone send some chocolate icecream and some toblerone

cheers :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

bluewolf wrote: »
    can someone send some chocolate icecream and some toblerone

cheers :cool:

If you get any can you please share :)

I wear latex gloves all day for work so it makes my nails really weak. I stick cuticle oil on and strengthened when I remember.
    My nails are horrible though I hate them

Check out number 10 here, Snoopy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I appear to have predicted the biology paper PERFECTLY :D

Giving grinds all year? Paying the rent.
    Hearing the exam went well? Priceless.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Links234 wrote: »
    This is totally out of character for me! I wouldn't draw a smiley face after my name, and I totally would've grabbed a gun and started shooting (and probably a P90, 'cos they're cool) :D

If there were guns I wouldn't have had to strangle that dude. Focus!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Just back after spending all day with the mammy in the RDS at the Eucharistic Congress. I was convinced I'd hate it before I went (atheist here), but it was actually pretty cool. They've loads of stalls to look around, as well as talks and workshops on all sorts of different things. I was at a few about liturgical music and hymns for kids (relevant to me as I'm a church organist). Got some pretty good ideas.

Damn expensive though. If anyone asks, I'm a child (albeit one in their 20s :P )

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    You're an atheist and a church organist?

:D

Was scratching my head at that one too :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

awec wrote: »
    You're an atheist and a church organist?

:D

It's a job that pays money :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement