Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

''MUM, I'VE DECIDED I WANT A SPEEDBOAT WHEN I GROW UP SO I NEED TO DOWNLOAD A BOATING SIMULATOR NOW THAT I'VE MASTERED FLIGHT SIMULATOR I HAD THE COOLEST DREAM LAST NIGHT THAT I WAS CLIMBING SNOW COVERED MOUNTAINS IN ALASKA WITH A GROUP OF OTHER PEOPLE CAN I FILL THE BATH TO SEE IF MY LEGO BOAT WORKS PROPERLY THIS BOOK IS REALLY GOOD DID YOU KNOW STEVE JOBS HAD A LIVER TRANSPLANT I WONDER WHO GAVE HIM THE LIVER AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM DO YOU THINK THE CAT IS REALLY HYPER TODAY DO YOU THINK A BOY CAT WOULD BE CALMER''

Mother of GOD. Is it September yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Lucyfur wrote: »

Ohh it'll be like at home!! With pay!! WHOOP:D

We're having a cattery too. And a piggery. Or whatever a rescue for pigs is called

And a donkeyery? I like donkeys. Less intimidating than horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Disclaimer: I have nothing against children and I understand they will be outside playing on a warm day and making noise and that is totally, totally grand.

BUT ... what it is with the screaming? Neighbour's kids are out playing and every five seconds this ear-piercing, blood-curdling screeeetch comes in through the window. If I couldn't see that it was just kids playing Id actually be worried someone was being hurt.

pampootie wrote: »
    And a donkeyery? I like donkeys. Less intimidating than horses.

And goats. And hedgehogs. And OBVIOUSLY we'll have an ice rink and igloos for the penguins.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Going on my first business trip in August. Eeeek!

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »

Ohh cool!! Where to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

And goats. And hedgehogs. And OBVIOUSLY we'll have an ice rink and igloos for the penguins.

Duh. Penguins can't skate with no ice rink.

pampootie wrote: »
    Duh. Penguins can't skate with no ice rink.

Please tell my bf this. He thinks I'm ''daft'' for wanting to stick one into the back garden. Boys are silly:rolleyes:

Ohh cool!! Where to?

Minneapolis. Monday to Friday. My poor husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

A ladies lounge sanctuary and spa for tired ladies, our adopted tLL men and all the unloved animals.

• Advertisement

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

AWESOME!!!

Why is it that I have absolutely no problem with getting tattoos, but going to the dentist gives me the heebiejeebies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I'm gonna buy all the cows and feed them nice biscuits and let them fart so much they blow ozone holes in the government. No killing the cows, so no more steaks ect. Sorry!

He thinks I'm ''daft'' for wanting to stick one into the back garden.

:eek::eek:

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

my housemate was just there the other week, has the biggest mall in the US, over 400 shops in it.

bluewolf wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

:o

I made a bet with myself to see how long it would take you.

I win!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

krudler wrote: »

my housemate was just there the other week, has the biggest mall in the US, over 400 shops in it.

Every time I go to a new place in the states I'm told it has the biggest shopping centre in the country.

I'd love to know which one is actually the biggest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Disclaimer: I have nothing against children and I understand they will be outside playing on a warm day and making noise and that is totally, totally grand.

BUT ... what it is with the screaming? Neighbour's kids are out playing and every five seconds this ear-piercing, blood-curdling screeeetch comes in through the window. If I couldn't see that it was just kids playing Id actually be worried someone was being hurt.
    Don't get me started!

There is a house directly behind us that seems to have parties every fcuking weekend, come rain, hail or snow, they are living it up. Adults and kids.

I was just in a taxi on the way home and the driver drove through a run down estate, and just as we were driving on one of the rows a bunch of brats come running towards the car with water guns, so the driver stopped the car and the little shíts legged it in the direction they came from.

My bf's neighbours baby is back to it's crying antics again. Every morning from 5am onwards you can hear that baby screeching and crying. So many times I've wanted to give the wall between the babies room and my bf's room a good hard thump.

I remember one night last year the baby was crying for hours before the parents went into it.
    Good luck Das, hope it goes well for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

It's Ireland's largest lingerie section, I understand

father-ted-lingerie-dept.jpg

Every time I go to a new place in the states I'm told it has the biggest shopping centre in the country.

I'd love to know which one is actually the biggest

Here's a list on Wikipedia. I'm amazed that one has over 522 shops.

8457279f411203d80f4ab0fc871c3203.jpg
    My. God.

• Advertisement

One of my favourite things is broken :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    One of my favourite things is broken :(

Hehe

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

AWESOME!!!

Well I doubt I'll be seeing any malls tbh. It'll be work and then back to the hotel with trips to and from the airport on either side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Just went to M&S and got a yummy lentil salad and fancy bread for dinner..yums! And got my dog some treats :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just found out I don't have to pay for my dental appointment because it's been so long since my last check up and I'm on medical card! Woo! Now I have the funds to go buy a set of Jenga! :D

Also: Went to Motivation today. I'm down 2lbs, bringing my total loss to 18lbs in 7 weeks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Acoshla wrote: »
    My mum says if she won the lotto she'd buy a beautiful little tearoom/bakery and only open on days she felt like baking, maybe once or twice a week. Bless her, she actually would too.
    I'd have a drunken bookshop and I'd be allowed to yell obscenities at people because I'M THE BOSS!

bb-cap04.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

higgsatchurch.jpg

*raspy nerdish giggle*

McChubbin wrote: »

*raspy nerdish giggle*

Stuff like this makes me glad I'm a physics teacher.

Also, for anoyone with no idea whats going on...

282599_10151003058413360_1125023273_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

There is a house directly behind us that seems to have parties every fcuking weekend, come rain, hail or snow, they are living it up. Adults and kids.

I was just in a taxi on the way home and the driver drove through a run down estate, and just as we were driving on one of the rows a bunch of brats come running towards the car with water guns, so the driver stopped the car and the little shíts legged it in the direction they came from.

My bf's neighbours baby is back to it's crying antics again. Every morning from 5am onwards you can hear that baby screeching and crying. So many times I've wanted to give the wall between the babies room and my bf's room a good hard thump.

I remember one night last year the baby was crying for hours before the parents went into it.

Break it down into easily digestible chunks and then kill everything. Everything.
    McChubbin wrote: »
    Now I have the funds to go buy a set of Jenga! :D

Also: Went to Motivation today. I'm down 2lbs, bringing my total loss to 18lbs in 7 weeks! :D

Not only is Jenga a great game, but getting up to find all the blocks will also help with the weight loss! Victory for all!

I'm loving all these Higgs Boson jokes, but am I the only one who pronounces it bosoon, is it that how it's actually pronounced. Bosoon is much nicer for rhyming.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Is it Friday yet??? Wrecked from the week, just want to get home and sleep for hours! Think I may have lost my polaroid sunglasses - :(:(:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement