Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Just been looking at some rooms and stuff in Athlone. They're actually very reasonably priced. Some of them are as low as €40-45. :D :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Father came food shopping with us today, I was shocked when he drank an energy drink on the way home he usually wont drink anything like that. It was a fun day :)

Katy Perry movie looks good I'm itching to see it! Don't want to go on my own though!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Just applied for my student grant. Would be such a help if I even got a teeny one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

McChubbin wrote: »
    Just found out I don't have to pay for my dental appointment because it's been so long since my last check up and I'm on medical card! Woo! Now I have the funds to go buy a set of Jenga!

Or an electric toothbrush?*

*Not intended as bitchy in any way, before someone jumps on me.

Well done on the weight loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Novella wrote: »
    Just applied for my student grant. Would be such a help if I even got a teeny one.

I'm waiting on tax forms and then I'm sending my renewal form in, still kinda pissed I only get €1200 a year (yes I know its a lot but some poeple get SO much more) coz it's not like there's ANY spare cash at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Tesco are doing a half price deal on really good tooth brushes at the mo. I got one for my mommy:)

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I'm waiting on tax forms and then I'm sending my renewal form in, still kinda pissed I only get €1200 a year (yes I know its a lot but some poeple get SO much more) coz it's not like there's ANY spare cash at home.

My dad has been out of work sick for a year now so his income is really low. Of course the form asks for his 2011 income and he got paid for his first 6 months off so his income looks pretty okay. I did add a note on the end to say that circumstances have changed financially so I hope they take that into account.

Even if I just got my fees paid, I'd be happy 'cause I plan on continuing to work my night-shift anyway. I know this probably sounds crazy but if it's at all do-able, I'm gonna do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Listed as a rare side effect of one of my medications:

"Feeling of well-being."

:confused: WTF?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Lucyfur wrote: »
    ''MUM, I'VE DECIDED I WANT A SPEEDBOAT WHEN I GROW UP SO I NEED TO DOWNLOAD A BOATING SIMULATOR NOW THAT I'VE MASTERED FLIGHT SIMULATOR I HAD THE COOLEST DREAM LAST NIGHT THAT I WAS CLIMBING SNOW COVERED MOUNTAINS IN ALASKA WITH A GROUP OF OTHER PEOPLE CAN I FILL THE BATH TO SEE IF MY LEGO BOAT WORKS PROPERLY THIS BOOK IS REALLY GOOD DID YOU KNOW STEVE JOBS HAD A LIVER TRANSPLANT I WONDER WHO GAVE HIM THE LIVER AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM DO YOU THINK THE CAT IS REALLY HYPER TODAY DO YOU THINK A BOY CAT WOULD BE CALMER''

Mother of GOD. Is it September yet??

:D:D Any summer camps around the area, give you some free time!
    Tesco are doing a half price deal on really good tooth brushes at the mo. I got one for my mommy:)

Speaking of toothbrushes, I got a great electric one about a month ago in Tesco for half price as well, delighted with it!

Even if I just got my fees paid, I'd be happy 'cause I plan on continuing to work my night-shift anyway. I know this probably sounds crazy but if it's at all do-able, I'm gonna do it!

I'm on teaching practice until christmas so I can't do crazy hours at work AND it's unpaid :'(

• Advertisement

My son is reading Steve Jobs autobiography.....somebody save me from hearing ALL OF THE FACTS.......

I did that too when I read it.

I'm going to assume that it's a good thing. :D

:D:D Any summer camps around the area, give you some free time!

Speaking of toothbrushes, I got a great electric one about a month ago in Tesco for half price as well, delighted with it!

Oh yes. 3, actually. 1 is and autism specific surf camp, another is special needs specific surf camp and the other is integrated, he'll share 2 SNA's between him and 2 other boys:D

You know that episode of TBBT where Sheldon has coffee for the first time? That is what today has been like. I'm waiting for him to blast out of his bedroom in a super hero costume:D

Albection wrote: »
    I did that too when I read it.

I'm going to assume that it's a good thing. :D

So....what you're saying is....he's still gonna do it at 24????

Ok. I can sort this. He can move out at 18. Or I can. Either/or

I'm on teaching practice until christmas so I can't do crazy hours at work AND it's unpaid :'(

Oh, no way! Hopefully it'll all be worth it when we get our degrees! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Listed as a rare side effect of one of my medications:

"Feeling of well-being."

:confused: WTF?

hahaha! :D:D A rare side effect?? Would hope that it would be a common side effect, surely thats what the medication is for!

Oh yes. 3, actually. 1 is and autism specific surf camp, another is special needs specific surf camp and the other is integrated, he'll share 2 SNA's between him and 2 other boys:D

You know that episode of TBBT where Sheldon has coffee for the first time? That is what today has been like. I'm waiting for him to blast out of his bedroom in a super hero costume:D

Is that the surf2heal or something like that name??

For anyone who missed that moment

You'll be on your knees by October - just did a year of TP and by the time the Autumn mid term came, nearly the whole staff were on their knees, its the longest term in the year! What subject or subjects are you teaching?

*edit facepalm! just saw your sig, presume its maths and science so :D

Is that the surf2heal or something like that name??

For anyone who missed that moment

Yup, he did S2H last year and he's still talking about it:D

Trying to get him into Liquid Therapy too. The other one is regular summer camp:D

Oh, no way! Hopefully it'll all be worth it when we get our degrees! :)

I'm about to start 4th year now and it's been SO hard to do the 4 years in one go. I really wanna take a year out and work but I can't :(

So....what you're saying is....he's still gonna do it at 24????

Ok. I can sort this. He can move out at 18. Or I can. Either/or

No, he definitely won't.

You'll have already been forced to memorise Steve Jobs' entire life at that point and will be able to recite it on cue. You'll be learning about someone else at that point. :D

And whether he lives with you or not is not of great consequence to the plan. I'm sure he'll have found a way to implant a small RF speaker in your ear by then. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I've been watching this series on youtube, it's a modern adaptation of Pride and Prejudice told through vlogs. So funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I have such a bad headache, think my head is gonna explode, and I'm hungry, tired, too warm and have work to do. The kitten p*ssed and sh*t on our bed, my beautiful expensive duvet is soaked in cat pee, so is the electric blanket, the mattress, the pillows. Got some expensive news today too, not a good day.

You'll be on your knees by October - just did a year of TP and by the time the Autumn mid term came, nearly the whole staff were on their knees, its the longest term in the year! What subject or subjects are you teaching?

I'll be qualified in physics, biology, Ag Science and JC science :)

I'll be qualified in physics, biology, Ag Science and JC science :)

Are you teaching all of those subjects on TP, or just some?

And now I'm bleeding from this stupid horny kitten, argh!

Yup, he did S2H last year and he's still talking about it:D

Trying to get him into Liquid Therapy too. The other one is regular summer camp:D

I saw them doing in down in Banna, near Tralee last summer, looked like fantastic fun for them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

hahaha! :D:D A rare side effect?? Would hope that it would be a common side effect, surely thats what the medication is for!

You'd think so!

It can actually be a bad thing sometimes, in that people might feel so well that they stop taking the meds they need. Or they might feel slightly invincible and be more likely to take risks.

Always a down side!

Are you teaching all of those subjects on TP, or just some?

Probably all...won't know until August

*cries*

No, he definitely won't.

You'll have already been forced to memorise Steve Jobs' entire life at that point and will be able to recite it on cue. You'll be learning about someone else at that point. :D

And whether he lives with you or not is not of great consequence to the plan. I'm sure he'll have found a way to implant a small RF speaker in your ear by then. :D

This is all so true:(

Acoshla wrote: »
    I have such a bad headache, think my head is gonna explode, and I'm hungry, tired, too warm and have work to do. The kitten p*ssed and sh*t on our bed, my beautiful expensive duvet is soaked in cat pee, so is the electric blanket, the mattress, the pillows. Got some expensive news today too, not a good day.

Oh no:( Eat, drink water, take painkillers, sit for 10 and get bf to strip bed x

• Advertisement

Oh no:( Eat, drink water, take painkillers, sit for 10 and get bf to strip bed x

Boyfriend not here, bed already stripped and everything in the wash that can go in there. I must eat and drink alright, getting sick of these sinusy headaches all the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement