Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

javagal wrote: »
    pains kept me up all night.made me cry they were so bad and ten minutes apart. then i tried to fall asleep and woke up to Nothing!
    maybe this weekend though!

Ah God javagal you poor thing. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll have your little coffeebean in your arms by Monday!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

pains kept me up all night.made me cry they were so bad and ten minutes apart. then i tried to fall asleep and woke up to Nothing!

It's all working towards the goal. It wasn't for nothing.

Get some good breathing practice in. It really works. Try making your out breath last as long as you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

After all my moaning about still being pregnant,
    I never actually realised I would, Infact go into labor.
    Up now with bad period pains and am all like Uh oh!

Ahhh!! Good Luck!!! :D x
    Novella wrote: »
    I think I remember her saying that she felt she was losing her anonymity on here. Perhaps she'll open a new account.

I hope she does!!
    Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    There's a Lidl very close to the college and I know there's an Aldi somewhere in Athlone, just not sure where. There is a Dealz near Golden Island as well. I'm feeling positive about this now. :)

Jane from my experience stick to lidl for your main bits like fruit and veg even the bread isnt that bad plus they have brand name products there too. You will save so much money and then you can pick up other bits and pieces in tesco or dunnes! you will save so much money! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Hopefully it won't be too much longer. And in case you have to dash off to the hospital before I get a chance to say it - good luck! I hope it all goes smoothly when the time comes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

anyone know how much it would be to get a shower serviced?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

krudler wrote: »
    Dont get me started on people who dont have laser or credit cards, how you function? people still paying for things with cheques, its 2012 ffs! in 12 months we'll be using our phones to swipe over a till point to pay for things, thats not some far distant tech its coming pretty soon. it is annoying that most online shops dont take laser, must get myself a visa debit

My boyfriend doesn't even have an atm card, never mind a debit or credit card :) And in 12 months I will still be using mainly cash, swiping my phone over something would just make something fall off it :pac: I use my credit card to buy online a lot, at least every week, but I pay it off straight away, or put the money in before I spend it, I just use it as online cash rather than real cash, I never let myself use it to pay for something I can't afford at the time, which I think is where a lot of people fall into the trap of paying loads of interest. Not saying you do it, just people in general, that's why boyfriend doesn't have one, he'd see the limit as a target!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Acoshla wrote: »
    My boyfriend doesn't even have an atm card, never mind a debit or credit card :) And in 12 months I will still be using mainly cash, swiping my phone over something would just make something fall off it :pac: I use my credit card to buy online a lot, at least every week, but I pay it off straight away, or put the money in before I spend it, I just use it as online cash rather than real cash, I never let myself use it to pay for something I can't afford at the time, which I think is where a lot of people fall into the trap of paying loads of interest. Not saying you do it, just people in general, that's why boyfriend doesn't have one, he'd see the limit as a target!

how does he, like, do stuff? is it not a waste having to go into the bank all the time to get money out?

yeah I do the same, say i bought a game or something, whatever the cost of it is I just transfer it to the card through my online banking straight away, its too easy to let stuff build up

how does he, like, do stuff? is it not a waste having to go into the bank all the time to get money out?

i think the one thing we have learned from all her posts is that he does not in fact do anything but work :pac:

i have my visa debit and a couple of credit cards, all very handy, almost never any interest

edit: i swear to god that "earning more than your partner" thread said "EATING more than your partner" a minute ago
    :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

yeah I do the same, say i bought a game or something, whatever the cost of it is I just transfer it to the card through my online banking straight away, its too easy to let stuff build up

haha forgot my purse today and thought ''gee just as well I won't be eating, what'd I do for food?" I don't even know my bank ac number to go in and withdraw cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

bluewolf wrote: »
    edit: i swear to god that "earning more than your partner" thread said "EATING more than your partner" a minute ago

Me too! I went into it thinking, so weird to know others aren't the only ones that eat more than their boyfriends :o:o so now I feel like a giant pig :o

• Advertisement

He gets paid from one job in cash every week, the other job is quarterly into his account. He uses my card if he needs to buy stuff online and just puts the money onto the card. He doesn't go to the bank very often really, but it's quite near to where he works anyway so it's not awkward for him to pop in anyway. Bills are paid by direct debit from his accounts. How would it be a waste, a waste of what to go into the bank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

After all my moaning about still being pregnant,
    I never actually realised I would, Infact go into labor.
    Up now with bad period pains and am all like Uh oh!
    Best of luck Java, hope she comes soon!
    Honey-ec wrote: »
    http://www.ruminationsrugbyruination.blogspot.ie/2011/08/post-ninth-in-which-our-heroine-has.html

Ha, just laughing at that post, which was written in August of last year. Could just have easily written it today. Bloody weather.
    Can that curry be frozen?

He gets paid from one job in cash every week, the other job is quarterly into his account. He uses my card if he needs to buy stuff online and just puts the money onto the card. He doesn't go to the bank very often really, but it's quite near to where he works anyway so it's not awkward for him to pop in anyway. Bills are paid by direct debit from his accounts. How would it be a waste, a waste of what to go into the bank?

time lol, queuing to get something you can get in multiple locations around most towns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

I think I might be in love with him! He seems to be soooo good with money! Would make a change :)

time lol, queuing to get something you can get in multiple locations around most towns.

Bless her. She's such a country girl. :D

What? Country girl? I'm from outside of Dublin, that doesn't mean I'm from or live in the shticks. Luckily we don't live in a city where everyone is in such a desperate rush to get out of it that there are huge queues everywhere, it takes 10 minutes for him to go into the bank, the same as an ATM with a queue would take.

What? Country girl? I'm from outside of Dublin, that doesn't mean I'm from or live in the shticks. Luckily we don't live in a city where everyone is in such a desperate rush to get out of it that there are huge queues everywhere, it takes 10 minutes for him to go into the bank, the same as an ATM with a queue would take.

When I lodge money into the bank I go to the lodgement machine with my atm card. Takes 1 minute. Very rarely queue at an atm to take money out. :)

Jesus ye make it sound like dealing in cash and in person is the equivalent to paying for something with a few chickens. He has no commute and we live near everything so a couple of minutes going into the bank once a month isn't a big deal.

Edit: We've no charges on our accounts that don't have ATM cards either which is handy. I have an ATM card but don't use it very often as I get paid primarily in cash too.

I feel so sorry for people, especially older people, who probably find it such a hassle to *do* anything anymore, as everything's online. It's got to the stage where for some things the only way to pay for/order/book stuff is to do it online, it must be mind-bending for some people.

I love the internet, I really do. But the likes of the Ulster Bank stuff just goes to show that the smallest of glitches can fúck everything up. There's a lot to be said for doing things the 'old-fashioned' way sometimes!

I feel so sorry for people, especially older people, who probably find it such a hassle to *do* anything anymore, as everything's online. It's got to the stage where for some things the only way to pay for/order/book stuff is to do it online, it must be mind-bending for some people.

I love the internet, I really do. But the likes of the Ulster Bank stuff just goes to show that the smallest of glitches can fúck everything up. There's a lot to be said for doing things the 'old-fashioned' way sometimes!

Yip, my whole family have been fine through the UB thing because we deal a lot in cash and have accounts in various places so could access other money, always a good plan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Can that curry be frozen?

Yep, freezes really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I only recently got a laser card. I use it as like a short term bank account. (there were break its in the houses near where I live so I decided that I should stop keeping money at home, it has my spending money in it)

Aside from that I just have a savings account.

I've never actually used the card, just sits in my wallet :o

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

ohhhh no you did-int!

ah no that makes sense if its not a necessity, I live on the outskirts of Limerick and my bank is in the city centre, getting to it is a pain in the arse between parking and working mostly during hours when the banks are open so it makes more sense to use laser cards for mostly everything.

I love using cash in big North American and UK cities, the look on their faces when you hand over notes instead of card is priceless. Like I took it out of Monopoly and I'm trying to scam them, makes me do it even more :D:p

Yeah krudler when he's at work he is about 10 seconds from 3 banks/credit unions so it's as easy as popping across the road for a bottle of Coke.

Yip, my whole family have been fine through the UB thing because we deal a lot in cash and have accounts in various places so could access other money, always a good plan.

I do usually have 100 quid stashed someplace in my room, emergency monies.

except the time I forgot what dvd cover I put it into, there were a lot of them :pac:

except the time I forgot what dvd cover I put it into, there were a lot of them :pac:

Hate that! "I put it somewhere safe...which was where....?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

You're post reminded me of this.

My dad tends to go away a lot and always leaves money for my sister because 9/10 times she'll text him saying she has no money.

Instead of just leaving it somewhere he hides it and gives her clues on where to find it.

The latest one was 'Do you need money for Town? There might be money already in Town.'

It was in a dvd of the movie 'The Town'.

Bunch of weirdos.

"no I'll totally remember I put money in the season 3 boxset of Father Ted"

I guess you could say it was just..resting in there.

YYYEAAAHHHH!!!

• Advertisement

TOO SAFE!

Running joke in my house.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement