Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

It's a job that pays money :D

I don't think I could do that. But then again, I'm what the likes of John Waters would term a "militant" atheist :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

awec wrote: »
    I have pie and chips in the oven and a beer open. It may be manky beer, but it's beer.

Will be spending my evening working. Joy!

I made beef curry and have the water on for a bath. Enjoy your work :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Grey's Anatomy tonight. Tears will be shed.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Feck away off you! :P

Consider me fecked away....

*splash* :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I don't think I could do that. But then again, I'm what the likes of John Waters would term a "militant" atheist :cool:

Militant atheism is just silly. Besides, since I have no other employment prospects on the immediate horizon I'm not in a place to pick and choose :P

It's a lovely job though - I think it's great. Fantastic parish atmosphere, really friendly priests and some wonderful singers. I'd still consider doing it if I wasn't being paid, if only it wasn't so out of the way for me. It's not my own parish y'see.

Besides, I'm still a closet atheist to my parents :pac:

Besides, I'm still a closet atheist to my parents :pac:

No way! My Mam would go to mass everyday if she could but calls all her children pagans. I quite like being called that, means I dont get dragged to mass :D

Kiera wrote: »
    No way! My Mam would go to mass everyday if she could but calls all her children pagans. I quite like being called that, means I dont get dragged to mass :D

My mam would be praying and crying all day and all night for the damnation of my eternal soul if I told her. Not worth causing her pain just to make a stand.

my ex was a church organist til they found out he was an atheist and got rid of him i think
    religion srs bzns in germany
    i wouldnt mind doing it if i needed the work and could play the organ instead of the piano :pac:

• Advertisement

Organ isn't too hard. It's like having a multi-tiered keyboard. Volume is controlled with a pedal at your feet. You pull out various stops to control the type of sound you want to achieve. The foot-keyboard is tricky business though.Other than that it's just like playing piano (except you have about 4.5 octaves to work with instead of 8).

yeah i had a go on his once
    (hur hur hur)
    the footwork seemed fun

bluewolf wrote: »
    yeah i had a go on his once
    (hur hur hur)
    the footwork seemed fun

I'm attributing my failure at foot-keyboard to having stupidly wide feet. Those keys are damn narrow (that's mah excuse and I'm sticking to it! :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Going to Dublin on Thursday, thank christ. I can only take a few days at home before I start to unravel a bit, having to wait until Saturday might have just tipped me over the edge :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Novella wrote: »

Thank god someone said it!! I nearly forgot :eek:
    Ive been switching between watching it on different channels and usually end up missing it....

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Minevah

Can't wait!!

Although one of my friends watched it already online and accidently revealed too much information :o:o

^ Yeah, I already know what's going to happen but I still need to see it with my own two eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Please use spoiler.tags if yer gonna talk about it later! Im only on episode 6!!

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Please use spoiler.tags if yer gonna talk about it later! Im only on episode 6!!

Don't worry, I won't ruin it for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

SarahBeep! wrote: »

Don't worry, I won't ruin it for you :)

You're so lovely :)

my friend and i just bought a voucher for the heritage groupon deal, it looks so fancy :o:o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Forget Grey's Anatomy, I just had a tear fest over James saying "I'm not a good boy, I'm a sad boy."

My heart is broken because it made me think that someday he could really be a sad boy and not just a toddler saying random things. Gah. :(

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Forget Grey's Anatomy, I just had a tear fest over James saying "I'm not a good boy, I'm a sad boy."

My heart is broken because it made me think that someday he could really be a sad boy and not just a toddler saying random things. Gah. :(

Awww he'll never be a sad boy with you as a Mammy. He's gonna be one happy (and slightly embarrassed) boy :)

/embarrassed cause his Dad drew a weener on his Mams card and blamed him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I missed about 5 episodes at the end of the last season of Grey's Anatomy. Must catch up in time for the next one. That's now added to The Mentalist on my "To watch" list on 1channel. :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

EmilyO wrote: »
    So I had that lunch that I was worrying about... I have just been offered a training contract! I haven't even finished my degree and I have a contract! I'm in ahock but absolutely delighted!

Oooh well done, that's fantastic! Hope I get as lucky when I finish college!

Thanks! I think it's only just starting to sink in now! But I am so happy and it really is such a relief!

All you can do work hard and apply everywhere I suppose! UCD don't offer placement years do they? If they do go for it! It's been one of the best years of my life doing this! And if not still apply for all the summer internships!

If I can do it you certainly can! :-)

Oh fúck just remembered my final results are out on Monday :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

MCR just saw your post. Congratulations, that's fantastic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Making chocolate brownies with a toffee heart in 5... 4... 3... 2...

• Advertisement

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Making chocolate brownies with a toffee heart in 5... 4... 3... 2...

And you're the lovely sharing sort, right? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement