Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Ah but that lovely feeling of finding money you'd put away safe ages ago and forgotten where it was is priceless.

Into the vet with the poor woof this morning. Woke up to find him gone and little pools of blood all over the bedroom this morning, gave me a heart attack. Poor thing was hiding under the bed, sad and sore.
    He's a nasty little kidney infection but he'll be alright thank god. Though I've had the boyfriend chasing him around all day to get the piddle sample for the vet. Woof does not appriciate jars being stuck under him when he's doing his business :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

krudler wrote: »
    "no I'll totally remember I put money in the season 3 boxset of Father Ted"

I guess you could say it was just..resting in there.

YYYEAAAHHHH!!!

487992_10151003076624190_148553331_n.jpg

You're post reminded me of this.

My dad tends to go away a lot and always leaves money for my sister because 9/10 times she'll text him saying she has no money.

Instead of just leaving it somewhere he hides it and gives her clues on where to find it.

The latest one was 'Do you need money for Town? There might be money already in Town.'

It was in a dvd of the movie 'The Town'.

Bunch of weirdos.

there's always money in the banana stand!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

My dad used to hide money all the time at home. Hed change hiding places a lot so there's been a couple of times there's been uproar cause he can't find it.

Luckily for him, I was always incredibly nosey and would always find it in "daddy type" hiding places. I had shark eyes as a child. Nothing got by me!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bluewolf wrote: »

*winkwink*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Reminds me of the time my brother's friend told him he had 20 grand in cash stashed under the bed at home for "emergencies" as he "doesn't trust" the bank. Bro asked what he'd do if the house went on fire.

"Ah", says the friend, all smug, like, "I'm way ahead of you there. It's wrapped in tinfoil."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Friday! YAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Has anyone been in touch with coco_lola to see if everything's ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

bluewolf wrote: »

A crowd of people dressed up as the blue man group at the fancy dress I was at.

I kept trying to get one of them to say 'I just blue myself' but they weren't willing to take the bate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Speaking of money, the only money I ever keep on me is whatever is in my purse or my tin money box, feck all really.

My granny recently found an old birthday card from 2005 and there was €20 in it, she always says she never misses money, but yet, she didn't know there was €20 was in the card :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

krudler wrote: »
    Acoshla wrote: »
    He gets paid from one job in cash every week, the other job is quarterly into his account. He uses my card if he needs to buy stuff online and just puts the money onto the card. He doesn't go to the bank very often really, but it's quite near to where he works anyway so it's not awkward for him to pop in anyway. Bills are paid by direct debit from his accounts. How would it be a waste, a waste of what to go into the bank?

time lol, queuing to get something you can get in multiple locations around most towns.

And trying to get to a bank before closing hours which can be fairly impossible when the closest is ages away!

Also you can use a laser card and then the money is paid straight away with no bills and you can't spend more than you have. Its what I do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just got back from the dentist. It's not good news. My gums have an infection that needs medicated mouthwash to treat and I've to get two back teeth out- both on my right side, one on the bottom and one on the top. Also have to somehow or other russle up €75 for a much needed cleaning. Fortunately, I didn't get Dr. Josef Mengales- the dentist was patient and understanding with me but a little heavy handed with that little ice-pick shaped thingumabob whilst poking around inside my mouth. My gums are a little sore but it's nothing to write home about. Even so, I'm not looking forward to the extractions. I'm a nervous patient at the best of times and the sound of dental drills makes me hyperventilate. :( Still, I really hope they let me keep the extracted teeth this time. I want to see the little buggers that have been plaging me with pain!

McChubbin wrote: »
    Still, I really hope they let me keep the extracted teeth this time. I want to see the little buggers that have been plaging me with pain!

Why?

My mother kept her removed gall stones in the kitchen for months.

Freaked me the hell out.

McChubbin wrote: »
    the dentist was patient and understanding with me but a little heavy handed with that little ice-pick shaped thingumabob whilst poking around inside my mouth. My gums are a little sore but it's nothing to write home about. Even so, I'm not looking forward to the extractions. I'm a nervous patient at the best of times and the sound of dental drills makes me hyperventilate.

Yeah, that pick thing sounds/feels horrible. I always think, surely that's not good for teeth! The drill is horrid, and last time I was at the dentist I had to get a filling and there was some other drill that made my whole face vibrate (and not in the good way!). No pain or anything, it's just a disconcerting sensation!

My dentist is lovely though, it makes all the difference when it's someone who is able to reassure anxious patients. It's never going to be enjoyable, but the less stress the better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Why?

My mother kept her removed gall stones in the kitchen for months.

Freaked me the hell out.

If I'd been suffering from something that caused me a lot of pain, I'd sure as hell be curious to actually see what was at fault. Does that make me a weirdo? :pac:

i dont get it either
    the doc was trying to show me that stupid stick in my arm after she took it out after all the hassle i had with it
    i was like yeah ok thanks lady dont care :confused:
    (in a very polite manner of course :pac: )

If I'd been suffering from something that caused me a lot of pain, I'd sure as hell be curious to actually see what was at fault. Does that make me a weirdo? :pac:

Yeh sure have a look at it but to keep it in the kitchen for months? As some sort of memento?

Like if it was a bullet I could understand. But not f'in gall stones :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'm just weird like that. If I could, I'd make a set of earrings out of my teeth! I'm really into roadkill taxidermy and the shapes of cat skulls and such. My dream is to one day own a horned Billy Goat skull, bleached and cleaned 'til it's bone white and have it mounted over the fireplace if I should ever be fortunate enough to own my own house. I'm not a Satanist- I just love the strong imagery.

I need opinions...

You may remember my rant a couple of weeks ago about my "friends" who all went out for dinner without inviting me and then spent the next night (that I was at) talking all about it in front of me. Well we have this big whatsapp group and the suggestion came up to do it again (one girl asking another and then asking a second, all publicly) so I mentioned that I'd be interested too on the second mention of it. I was totally blanked. No reply except one of the lads saying "awkmomo". Am I overreacting by being upset and annoyed about this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I need opinions...

You may remember my rant a couple of weeks ago about my "friends" who all went out for dinner without inviting me and then spent the next night (that I was at) talking all about it in front of me. Well we have this big whatsapp group and the suggestion came up to do it again (one girl asking another and then asking a second, all publicly) so I mentioned that I'd be interested too on the second mention of it. I was totally blanked. No reply except one of the lads saying "awkmomo". Am I overreacting by being upset and annoyed about this?

Not at all. They sound rude and ignorant to be honest. You don't organise a night out in front of other people who are part of your group and not invite them. It's bad enough leaving them out behind their back, then at least they've the excuse they didn't think of you. But to leave you out while you're sitting there with them is not on. They sound like dicks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I need opinions...

I don't think you are over-reacting. I think I would give them a good cooling for a while, and do more things with your other friends. Real friends don't behave like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I need opinions...

What does that mean?

I don't think you're overreacting at all. If it were me I would barge in there and blatantly ask why they're excluding me from stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭NCONTHEMC

Not at all. They sound rude and ignorant to be honest. You don't organise a night out in front of other people who are part of your group and not invite them. It's bad enough leaving them out behind their back, then at least they've the excuse they didn't think of you. But to leave you out while you're sitting there with them is not on. They sound like dicks.

Rude. Disrespectful. You aren't over reacting. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

What does that mean?

It means awkward moment.

And for the record MCR, I think that is really horrible. You're not over-reacting at all, I'd be so upset. *hugs*

I need opinions...

What does that mean?

I don't think you're overreacting at all. If it were me I would barge in there and blatantly ask why they're excluding me from stuff.

"awkward moment". He's an intelligent guy with an incredibly annoying love of coming out with that kind of crap!

Thanks for the reassurance. I'm not really sure what to do but I'll think about it and see how I feel over the next few days.

I really wish that my college friends were around...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭NCONTHEMC

"awkward moment". He's an intelligent guy with an incredibly annoying love of coming out with that kind of crap!

Thanks for the reassurance. I'm not really sure what to do but I'll think about it and see how I feel over the next few days.

I really wish that my college friends were around...

Don't let the bastards grind you down, take care of yourself <<hug>>

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

NCONTHEMC wrote: »
    Don't let the bastards grind you down,

this :)

Don't bother with them anymore,go and find yourself real friends

coco_lola is fine, btw. A little birdie told me!

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

TOO SAFE!

Running joke in my house.

I am normally the butt of those jokes - I swear that "Where's my ......." will be going on my gravestone! I always try to make an excuse that I put it somewhere safe and get told that!
    Whoops :-D

Was playing it for an hour, then some screen came up and I lost my last hours work :( Dang!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement