Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

coco_lola is fine, btw. A little birdie told me!

I now thinking of that scene in Enchanted where Amy or whatever her name is is in the house with the birds doing the work, and she is singing to them :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

A little bird also told me! :)

God Dammit my roof is leaking and i just noticed so now the stairs are soaked off to find newspapers gah! :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

annnnd who was this little birdie? :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

"awkward moment". He's an intelligent guy with an incredibly annoying love of coming out with that kind of crap!

Thanks for the reassurance. I'm not really sure what to do but I'll think about it and see how I feel over the next few days.

I really wish that my college friends were around...

Awkmomo is off to the same desert island as "totes" and "amazeballs".

I think it's really mean what they are doing if they are doing it intentionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

I've been reading for a while and decided to join in the fun of this thread. :D

I'm so ready for work to be over for the week. It's only lunchtime here (I'm in Canada), but TGIF! I'm also absolutely starving...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

MavisDavis wrote: »

I'm so ready for work to be over for the week. It's only lunchtime here (I'm in Canada), but TGIF! I'm also absolutely starving...

Welcome!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Finally putting the finishing touches to my holiday. Now all I have to do is make sure I will have enough money :o

Hey Mavis!! havent spoken to you since my C&H days!! :)

Welcome! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Welcome to the thread! (:

ihsb wrote: »
    Finally putting the finishing touches to my holiday. Now all I have to do is make sure I will have enough money :o

Where are you heading off to??

• Advertisement

Hey Mavis!! havent spoken to you since my C&H days!! :)

Welcome! :D

Ahhhh, thats where I recognise the name from when I lurked in that forum! Knew I knew it, ended up googling it :o

Where are you heading off to??

Italy! :)

ihsb wrote: »
    Italy! :)

Jealous!!

Jealous!!

Yep booked my trains and everything. I would be jealous too if it weren't me :p

Ahhhh, thats where I recognise the name from when I lurked in that forum! Knew I knew it, ended up googling it :o

You get some pretty weird results when you google my username. :P

Thanks for all the welcomes! :D

I'm gonna go shopping before work. I feel like spending some money. :)

Plan for this evening was to head into London and do the tourist kinda things, but ended up not going because it was raining when I came back into the house, now its really bright and sunny - should have gone in, but I'm gonna be travelling there tomorrow, two days of travelling probably isn't the best idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Welcome! Whereabouts in Canada are you? What's for lunch? :pac:

(I'm also hungry but can't think what to make).

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Welcome! Whereabouts in Canada are you? What's for lunch? :pac:

(I'm also hungry but can't think what to make).

I'm working in Newfoundland for the summer. A club sandwich - yummy, but I'm so full now!

Does anyone remember a recent tv show (I think on the bbc) where comedians would sit in a car and drive around for 30/40 mins and that was the show? It's driving me mad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Does anyone remember a recent tv show (I think on the bbc) where comedians would sit in a car and drive around for 30/40 mins and that was the show? It's driving me mad!

There was something similar on TV3 in the last year or so, though I don't think it was just comedians... the name of it escapes me... *wracks brain*...

Oh, it was Driving Me Crazy! It was probably based on a show on a different channel though, so it might not be the one you're thinking of.

There was something similar on TV3 in the last year or so, though I don't think it was just comedians... the name of it escapes me... *wracks brain*...

Oh, it was Driving Me Crazy! It was probably based on a show on a different channel though, so it might not be the one you're thinking of.
    Not the one I was looking for, that was two "celebrities" who would sit in a car and drive epic journeys, like Dublin to Galway. :pac:

making home made sweet potatoe wedges!! nom! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

making home made sweet potatoe wedges!! nom! :D

I have non-homemade regular potato wedges in the freezer. Tempted.

I have non-homemade regular potato wedges in the freezer. Tempted.

make them!!! I have no other food left in the house!

I was going to make lazy calzones but i had no more puff pastry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Massive multiquote message coming up!

Jeepers ye don't half chat! :p
    Would you consider paypal Jane? Loads of websites accept paypal and I know it's a hassle transferring the money and then waiting for it to show up but I tend to transfer a little bit each week so that there's always something in there just in case.
    awec wrote: »
    The o2 one, when you transfer money to it it can take 3 or 4 days to appear on the card. So if you plan on using it for ebay it'd be wise to keep it topped up or you mightn't get it in time.

Paypal may be better, in that you can order with paypal and then it'll take the money from your account afterward (as opposed to having to top up beforehand).

I'm going to keep a little bit on that card and link it to paypal. That's what I was doing with the vouchers but I had to update paypal everytime I got a new voucher because it was technically like getting a new card.
    Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Dara O'Briain was really funny

I love Dara O' Briain! Didn't someone else go see him recently too?
    javagal wrote: »
    pains kept me up all night.made me cry they were so bad and ten minutes apart. then i tried to fall asleep and woke up to Nothing!
    maybe this weekend though!

Good luck with everything javagal. I have my fingers crossed you'll have your little girl soon. :)
    bubblefett wrote: »
    Ah but that lovely feeling of finding money you'd put away safe ages ago and forgotten where it was is priceless.

Into the vet with the poor woof this morning. Woke up to find him gone and little pools of blood all over the bedroom this morning, gave me a heart attack. Poor thing was hiding under the bed, sad and sore.
    He's a nasty little kidney infection but he'll be alright thank god. Though I've had the boyfriend chasing him around all day to get the piddle sample for the vet. Woof does not appriciate jars being stuck under him when he's doing his business :P

Awh poor woof. Yeah I've had experience with trying to get urine samples from uncooperative doggies.. They seem to look at you as if to say "Wtf are you putting a dog bowl (that's what we used to use) under there for??" Not sure if you were told but if you can at all try get the first sample of the day and try get it midstream if you can. :)
    I need opinions...

You may remember my rant a couple of weeks ago about my "friends" who all went out for dinner without inviting me and then spent the next night (that I was at) talking all about it in front of me. Well we have this big whatsapp group and the suggestion came up to do it again (one girl asking another and then asking a second, all publicly) so I mentioned that I'd be interested too on the second mention of it. I was totally blanked. No reply except one of the lads saying "awkmomo". Am I overreacting by being upset and annoyed about this?

:eek: Jeez MCR you are so not overreacting.. I'd be so upset tbh, I think you need some new friends. *hugs*

Welcome to the thread! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Welcome to the thread.

Here's a coupon for a free slice of cake and we'll have your complimentary kitten ready for you as soon as we can. :D

Bringing M&S cookies to work to make a Friday night shift a little happier for everybody. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I got 2 lovely pairs of skinny and more importantly short jeans in Penneys today for €5 each! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I'm baaaaccckkkk.....

Ssshhh, it's a secret ;)

We're playing guess who via PM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement