Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

MavisDavis wrote: »
    I've been reading for a while and decided to join in the fun of this thread. :D

I'm so ready for work to be over for the week. It's only lunchtime here (I'm in Canada), but TGIF! I'm also absolutely starving...
    Welcome :D
    Plan for this evening was to head into London and do the tourist kinda things, but ended up not going because it was raining when I came back into the house, now its really bright and sunny - should have gone in, but I'm gonna be travelling there tomorrow, two days of travelling probably isn't the best idea!
    When myself and my boyfriend were in London earlier this year one day we went into the city with my sister and she told us that if we blow our noses the next day
    what comes out will be black
    , neither of us believed her until we blew our noses... :(

Think she said it was to do with the underground or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Has anyone ever used those konad nail stamping kits? Are they hard to use? There's one on offer on pigs back at the moment but I'm wondering if I'd use it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just used my brand new electric tooth brush. It's louder than a pneumatic drill but it gets the job done. My teeth are squeeky clean!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

pampootie wrote: »
    Has anyone ever used those konad nail stamping kits? Are they hard to use? There's one on offer on pigs back at the moment but I'm wondering if I'd use it....

Don't waste your money, absolutely useless. I got one a few months ago from Pigsback and I find it awful, it's impossible to get the stamp on with any kind of clarity, too much varnish and it smudges, but any less and it doesn't transfer at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Haven't had a cup of tea since Tuesday morning cos I've been sick. Don't even miss it. This is the worst stomach bug ever. Other than it feeling like something is scratching my stomach occassionally I feel fine now once I don't eat.

Haven't trained since Tuesday either and again don't even miss it. I'm definitely sick. :D

Just noticed my post count went over 10,000 the other day - post way too much when off sick. Shocking.

• Advertisement

So we're having roast chicken for dinner tonight, the chicken itself has been in the oven since half four, and my mother isn't sure if it's cooked yet. :rolleyes:

This is why I hate it when she (and my granny) decide to cook dinner, it's normally midnight before we eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I keep forgetting I can't see people's avatars cause I have less than the required number of posts.. I identified you all by your avatars!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

MavisDavis wrote: »
    I've been reading for a while and decided to join in the fun of this thread. :D

I'm so ready for work to be over for the week. It's only lunchtime here (I'm in Canada), but TGIF! I'm also absolutely starving...

Hey Mavis!! havent spoken to you since my C&H days!! :)

Welcome! :D

Was just gonna say the same!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Somebody stop me looking at pictures of Paris before I die of excitement! :P

I've a bottle of prosecco in the fridge, I'm very tempted to crack it open and enjoy a glass or two but I'm trying to save it for a garden party and barbecue I'm going to in Dublin next week. Decisions, decisions!

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    I keep forgetting I can't see people's avatars cause I have less than the required number of posts.. I identified you all by your avatars!

If you go into your control panel and click on options you can tick a box to let you see avatars and signatures, you just can't have your own until you've 25 posts :) Not being able to thank posts yet is a bit annoying :P

• Advertisement

WinterSong wrote: »
    I've a bottle of prosecco in the fridge, I'm very tempted to crack it open and enjoy a glass or two but I'm trying to save it for a garden party and barbecue I'm going to in Dublin next week. Decisions, decisions!
    Open it.

Buy another bottle next week :P

I've a bottle of Duvel beer in the fridge, the bf is meant to be coming over, hope he comes soon, otherwise there'll be no beer left for him. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Franks hot sauce and wings, I has ALL the noms

Open it.

Buy another bottle next week :P

I've a bottle of Duvel beer in the fridge, the bf is meant to be coming over, hope he comes soon, otherwise there'll be no beer left for him. :P

That involves spending more money though :P I think I'll save it, feel a bit sleepy already so I'll keep it until next week and enjoy it with some strawberries :)

Enjoy your beer :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Welcome :D

When myself and my boyfriend were in London earlier this year one day we went into the city with my sister and she told us that if we blow our noses the next day
    what comes out will be black
    , neither of us believed her until we blew our noses... :(

Think she said it was to do with the underground or something.

I always have black nails after a day in London.

Remember a few days ago when I said I had realised I had a good bit of extra money? Car just broke down on the motorway, had to get it towed, two mechanics said timing belt and/or engine problem :( My poor baby car. This also means I'm 2 hours behind on work and have to take boyfriend's giant lump of a car to work tomorrow, not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I bought a purrrrdy top and 2 bracelets and a nail varnish and toothbrush and some expensive whitening toothpaste! :pac: Dunno why but I'm quite the fan of buying dental products!

WinterSong wrote: »
    That involves spending more money though :P I think I'll save it, feel a bit sleepy already so I'll keep it until next week and enjoy it with some strawberries :)

Enjoy your beer :P
    Mmm prosecco and strawberries. I haven't drank prosecco in years as the last time I drank it, I drank 1.5 bottles of it at my cousins house. Never again. :(
    Acoshla wrote: »
    I always have black nails after a day in London.

Remember a few days ago when I said I had realised I had a good bit of extra money? Car just broke down on the motorway, had to get it towed, two mechanics said timing belt and/or engine problem :( My poor baby car. This also means I'm 2 hours behind on work and have to take boyfriend's giant lump of a car to work tomorrow, not fun.
    Will you have to get a new car?

Isn't always the way, as soon as you have a bit of 'spare' cash (i;e cash that doesn't have to be used for bills, rent etc) and something comes up.

I'm hoping that when I start my courses, I should be able to save €50 per week, hopefully more, so after thirteen weeks I should have €650 saved, deposit for a house share and hopefully rent/bills for a few months.

Need to do some more maths, but if it goes to plan, I am hoping to be out of here come November/December. Fingers crossed :)

Trying not to get my hopes up too much so if it doesn't go to plan I won't be too disappointed.

Novella wrote: »
    I bought a purrrrdy top and 2 bracelets and a nail varnish and toothbrush and some expensive whitening toothpaste! :pac: Dunno why but I'm quite the fan of buying dental products!
    When I bought a new toothbrush and toothpaste about two months ago I was thrilled for days afterwards lol :D

Maybe it's just me, but I always feel better after brushing my teeth, don't know what it is. :o

When I bought a new toothbrush and toothpaste about two months ago I was thrilled for days afterwards lol :D

Maybe it's just me, but I always feel better after brushing my teeth, don't know what it is. :o

Yeah, I love brushing my teeth! I also love going to the dentist though. I had braces for 10 years or so, so I do like to take care of my teeth. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Just bought a watch. Haven't worn one in about ten years. They're really quite handy little gadgets!!:D

Passenger 57 is on tv. I cant resist watching. Bit of Wesley Snipes old style a$$ kicking

Will you have to get a new car?

Jaysus no, worst case scenario is about €600, could be €300, will know more when mechanic gets to take a look tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Haven't been posting much lately but moved to cork, loving it, dogs are very happy :)
    Is it ever gonna stop raining? Its July!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

pampootie wrote: »

I really like mine, find it handy to use (if slightly pain-in-the-hoop-y on my right hand) & get nice results from it

nailsiesmkII.jpg

bownails.jpg

If you want to try a stamping kit out without paying Konad prices I think Essence have a stamping kit, you just need a local pharmacy or what have you with one of the big stands

I swear - one of these days I'm going to cause some serious damage to my housemate. It's like living with a bloody child.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Someone around here is playing 'untz untz' music, I can't even hear it but I can feel the 'thud thud thud' vibrating around the house. Knock it off, like! Might just have to start blasting all my Hanson albums in retaliation :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Albection wrote: »
    Welcome to the thread.

Here's a coupon for a free slice of cake and we'll have your complimentary kitten ready for you as soon as we can. :D

I got no cake!!! :(
    Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    I'm baaaaccckkkk.....

Ssshhh, it's a secret ;)

We're playing guess who via PM

:D Welcome back!

I've had a really sore knee for a few days and it sucks 'cause I can't straighten my leg under my desk :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I've had a really sore knee for a few days and it sucks 'cause I can't straighten my leg under my desk :(

Ouch, that sounds painful - have you been icing it and taking anything for it, something like an anti inflammatory???

Oh I hate when things like that happen, I feel all claustrophobic if I need to straighten my legs and I can't.

Have killer headache, neck pain, too hot, today SUCKED, can't wait for the weekend to do nothing!

Ouch, that sounds painful - have you been icing it and taking anything for it, something like an anti inflammatory???

No, I haven't. It's really only sore when I'm in work so I always forget about it until I'm back here!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

No, I haven't. It's really only sore when I'm in work so I always forget about it until I'm back here!

Try heat packs if you can, the thermacare ones are the business I've a knackered hip and knee and those get me through the day

You'll either be heat or cold relieved, but not both, cold sends me into days of agony

I just discovered the new cheeseboard, it's the junkyard :D

Three slices of swiss roll, two ripple bars and a pack of KitKat popups :)

I'd a great day today, surprised how good it was :)

It has lead to a dilemna however :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement