Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

ihsb wrote: »
    Ha! Nope. Tried and failed. God he is so moody in the morning.

it's not the morning

bucket of cold water time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

bluewolf wrote: »
    it's not the morning

bucket of cold water time

I think he would leave me. I might try it!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Such an awful story about that Irish family in Torquay that were hit by the d*ck driver, it's making me so mad and upset every time I hear or read about it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Acoshla wrote: »
    Such an awful story about that Irish family in Torquay that were hit by the d*ck driver, it's making me so mad and upset every time I hear or read about it :(

Ah that's not really fair. We don't know the circumstances, and I highly doubt he'd have intended to kill or critically injure an entire family. He died as well, so there's another family presumably grieving his loss while having to deal with him also being blamed for the crash. It's such a horrific story :(

The Volvo Ocean Race makes it very hard to be hungover.

• Advertisement

Ah that's not really fair. We don't know the circumstances, and I highly doubt he'd have intended to kill or critically injure an entire family. He died as well, so there's another family presumably grieving his loss while having to deal with him also being blamed for the crash. It's such a horrific story :(

He apparently deliberately drove into them to kill himself, by all means kill yourself if that's how you feel but don't purposefully take others with you. Both their children have died, even if both of them survive - they are both critical - their lives are ruined. If that is true about why he did it I have no sympathy for the male driver, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Had a really fun time last night. Now I just need to find the energy to take a shower...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

He apparently deliberately drove into them to kill himself, by all means kill yourself if that's how you feel but don't purposefully take others with you. Both their children have died, even if both of them survive - they are both critical - their lives are ruined. If that is true about why he did it I have no sympathy for the male driver, sorry.

The official quote from the police was
    A Devon and Cornwall Police spokesman said it appeared his black Vectra went down a hill and swerved into the path of the family's oncoming car.

Thats not necessarily deliberate - but its obvious who was at fault. I do have sympathy for his family as well, they have to live with the fact that their son or brother or nephew is dead, but also that he killed two other people.

For me that would make it all the more sad. I'd have sympathy for anyone who wishes to end their own life. Obviously it doesn't make it ok to risk others' lives, but for me it doesn't make that driver's death any less sad.

I have sympathy with people who feel that way too, believe me, I've witnessed too much of it close to me in the last two years, but to do it in a manner that endangers others is awful. I know if that was the case he probably wasn't thinking straight but I just can't help but be angry for this poor family whose lives are ruined because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Advertisement

Ah I know. It's an awful, horrible, tragic thing to have happened no matter which way you look at it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

For me that would make it all the more sad. I'd have sympathy for anyone who wishes to end their own life. Obviously it doesn't make it ok to risk others' lives, but for me it doesn't make that driver's death any less sad.

Without sounding harsh, there have been plenty of people to commit suicide who managed to do it without killing two other people and critically injuring another two. I don't care what frame of mind he was in, because as far as I'm concerned, if it was on purpose, he was a selfish bastard that deserved no sympathy.
    Two babies are dead because of him. An innocent little child and an unborn baby yet to meet it's family. How sick, disturbed and selfish would someone be to delibrately crash into another car with such force to make sure to kill himself? Again if this is the case, the world is better off without the likes of him, and it's just too sad that he took another two people with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Had to have some lads tongue physically removed from my mouth :( now, whether or not to tell the boy..
    If I was in your situation - I'd tell my bf, I just wouldn't be comfortable knowing it happened and not telling him, even though it wasn't your fault.

If you've never given your bf any reasons not to trust you then he shouldn't have any problems believing you.

That said, I don't know your OH, so I don't know he'd take it and if it'd play on his mind every time you went out etc. Only you know him well enough to know how he'd take it.

If it happened to my bf that some girl threw herself at him, I'd want him to tell me, I'd be very hurt if it happened and he didn't say a word to me.

After reading all the omelette posts I want an omelette now, would love bacon, mushroom, onion, tomato, spinach and cheese, mmm.

Have no mushrooms, bacon or cheese though. :(

Polloloca wrote: »
    Without sounding harsh, there have been plenty of people to commit suicide who managed to do it without killing two other people and critically injuring another two. I don't care what frame of mind he was in, because as far as I'm concerned, if it was on purpose, he was a selfish bastard that deserved no sympathy.
    Two babies are dead because of him. An innocent little child and an unborn baby yet to meet it's family. How sick, disturbed and selfish would someone be to delibrately crash into another car with such force to make sure to kill himself? Again if this is the case, the world is better off without the likes of him, and it's just too sad that he took another two people with him.

Wow.

Yeah, we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

if it were me it would be like "god this guy last night did xyz can you believe it"

sympathy for suicide people but find a wall, not another car like

Just to clarify, I feel very sorry for anybody that feels they have no other option but to end their life. It's unfortunately something that's affected my family and a close family friend. However, not being in your right frame of mind does not give you the right to tear the arse out of another family nor harm, injure or kill another person. At that point all my sympathy goes to the victims of the selfishness. Had he lived, I would hope that he be locked up for the rest of his life on a double murder charge. Just because he died too does not make it any less sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I knew someone who decided to kill himself and took someone else with him in the process (and nearly 2 others). While I will always be upset by what happened and wish someone had been able to help him, I will never forgive him for what he did. He destroyed so many lives because of it. He'll never know the horrible ripple effect he left behind.

However, not being in your right frame of mind does not give you the right to tear the arse out of another family nor harm, injure or kill another person. At that point all my sympathy goes to the victims of the selfishness. Had he lived, I would hope that he be locked up for the rest of his life on a double murder charge. Just because he died too does not make it any less sick.

I never said it did.

I just don't see it as black and white as that, is all.

In other news, David Beckham with a moustache - I still would.

I wonder if it's true about Tom cruise being caught with his pants down with DB!

• Advertisement

I wonder if it's true about Tom cruise being caught with his pants down with DB!

Shut up! Take that back! Tom Cruise can have his pants down anywhere he wants but not near my David!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I showered! Now to try not eat all 16 of these mini Kinder bars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

my feet and head hurt from stupid people at work :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

If I was in your situation - I'd tell my bf, I just wouldn't be comfortable knowing it happened and not telling him, even though it wasn't your fault.

If you've never given your bf any reasons not to trust you then he shouldn't have any problems believing you.

That said, I don't know your OH, so I don't know he'd take it and if it'd play on his mind every time you went out etc. Only you know him well enough to know how he'd take it.

If it happened to my bf that some girl threw herself at him, I'd want him to tell me, I'd be very hurt if it happened and he didn't say a word to me.

This.

Also, there is always the risk that someone saw it and got the wrong idea and that it got back to your bf in that way. I've had something similar happen to me and accusations were made so I told my bf before what actually happened anyone else decided to make up stories

bookdepository has a sale on and it's trying to tell me to buy 50 shades :rolleyes:

nooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

javagal wrote: »
    Still preggers haha!!

I've just decided to forget about waiting and enjoy this time eating pizza and twinkies whilst I still can.
    Plus I found out I have a few repeats in August so a few days of study won't hurt !

Also, my bestie and I were birth partners/midwives for her cat last night.. Been sitting with my legs crossed ever since!!

Well at least you're only having one baby, how many did the poor cat have? ;) And fair play to you with the study, you've a tough month or so ahead of you so!

Going home for a few days tomorrow, woohoo, hope it's sunny so I can go to the beach. No work for 2 whole weeks now, I'll miss the money but definitely not the work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

hangover-cat.jpg?w=468

Hangover cat also doesn't want to work tonight. Bleeeehhhh.

Hangover cat also pledges to take up running tomorrow, because hangover cat will not look good in a bikini in five weeks if she has a beer belly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Great day of sport - Cork v Clare in the Munster football final, Roger Fed v Murray in the Wimbledon final, F1 from Silverstone and Kilkenny getting mauled so far by Galway in the Leinster senior hurling final :D:D:D

Is Galway in Leinster :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement