Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

EmilyO wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice! You're right, I should just go for everything that catches my eye, the more experience I get, the better my CV will look :)
    Yeah I hope that's the way things are going regarding connections; it's archaic and unfair on people trying to 'break into' the profession. I have smarts (I hope!), but no legal background!

Exactly and you'll know if you're right for the job and if you enjoy it! :)

You'll always find some connections, particularly seeing as plenty of people do follow their parents and family into jobs or are influenced by them (Sure I got into law when my dad did an arbitration course!), but with so many more people in college now and really working the field is bigger. Plus, like I said, connections can only get you so far, you still need to be good enough to prove yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I wa quite disappointed with that episode.
    Didn't feel like a finale :(
    Still sad though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Exactly and you'll know if you're right for the job and if you enjoy it! :)

You'll always find some connections, particularly seeing as plenty of people do follow their parents and family into jobs or are influenced by them (Sure I got into law when my dad did an arbitration course!), but with so many more people in college now and really working the field is bigger. Plus, like I said, connections can only get you so far, you still need to be good enough to prove yourself :)

Yeah that's true, like there would be roughly 700 law students in UCD alone! We can't all have a legal background. Nobody in my family is involved in law at all, but as you say, I still need to be good enough to prove my worth.

And if all else fails, I'll be a crappy struggling journalist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

bluewolf wrote: »
    my ex was a church organist til they found out he was an atheist and got rid of him i think
    I had to laugh, that sounded so sinister!

Das, I knew we were the same person. I posted that hater vid on my facebook and then I met people in person and they were like "that was a bit weird...".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Thanks for the heads up! I found a Professor Snape account, joy!

It seems pretty interesting, although I've no idea what I might actually tweet about.

I'll follow you if you like, though I tweet absolute nonsense :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I'll follow you if you like, though I tweet absolute nonsense :o

Go for it, and I'll follow you too! Twitter buddies! :o:pac:
    PM me your linky thingy there!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

@Lola92 get the exact details of your prescription for your glasses - I order mine of zenni optical, and have saved a fortune, they do varifocals, Mam got a pair as sunglasses and they are more comfortable than her own glasses that she got from her optician

met with the surgeon today - having surgery on my knee, but my problem is what date! Heading to London in a few weeks time, and back from a few weeks, so need to try and get it done then - five days on cructches, oh the joys :rolleyes:

Want to find a cheap holiday for end of July, start of August - anyone got any good websites, sick of looking at different sites that I thought would be cheaper

met with the surgeon today - having surgery on my knee

Oh no! :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Thanks for the heads up! I found a Professor Snape account, joy!

It seems pretty interesting, although I've no idea what I might actually tweet about.

I've ended up retweeting some other tweets that I see from people - must get back on it, was going really well on it, now not so much!

PM me your account and I'll follow u if u want! :D

• Advertisement

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I had to laugh, that sounded so sinister!

Das, I knew we were the same person. I posted that hater vid on my facebook and then I met people in person and they were like "that was a bit weird...".

Those people only spend a healthy amount of time online.

Twitter is great, there are some hilarious people on there. Top few I can think of right now are Rob Delaney, Stephen Fry, Josh Groban (surprisingly funny), Lord Voldemort (brilliant), Stephen Colbert.
    Great for news sites as well. I also enjoy spoof accounts, like Waterstones' missing apostrophe. He details his search for work after being let go from Waterstones, formerly Waterstone's.

Oh no! :(

20 minute job - in and out in the same day, its just the problem of trying to fit it in, must see if I have the option to go private, have to see if the plan will cover it! Could be much worse though - its just the problem with the date

Twitter is great, there are some hilarious people on there. Top few I can think of right now are Rob Delaney, Stephen Fry, Josh Groban (surprisingly funny), Lord Voldemort (brilliant), Stephen Colbert.
    Great for news sites as well. I also enjoy spoof accounts, like Waterstones' missing apostrophe. He details his search for work after being let go from Waterstones, formerly Waterstone's.

Josh Groban is hilarious. On Buzzcocks he had me in tears of laughter. He's annoyingly talented (singing, acting and teh funneh) and he's a nice sort too.

*shakes fist*

Where's my talent zombie jesus, where?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Why do candle wicks smell so rotten? My bedroom smells gross now after blowing them out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Kiera wrote: »
    Why do candle wicks smell so rotten? My bedroom smells gross now after blowing them out :(

I love that smell!

Whaaaat? That's the best part of lighting candles!

The smell of it after its gone out? Are you two serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I just started knitting a little bag and it's turning out quite nice. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

right so i have this lunch date thing tomorrow with number 2! Which is grand
    We have been texting quite a bit tonight and its kinda freaky how much we have in common...

here is my problem....i think its guy num 3 i really really like :o
    but i cant get in touch with him until sunday or monday when he is back and i kinda miss talking to him :(:o

so i dont know what to do...im kinda hoping that number 2 will be turned off my looks which im sure will happen....except i brought up the amazing bra that make zee boobies look lovely :D

number 1 i just want a go on and thats it so he is pretty much out of the picture for the moment! :o

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Josh Groban is hilarious. On Buzzcocks he had me in tears of laughter. He's annoyingly talented (singing, acting and teh funneh) and he's a nice sort
    Also, he is beautiful.

*cries*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Epic chats tonight with my big brother, he's the greatest. :)

Pixie, I've just realised what "guy #1, guy #2" is reminding me of!

cilla460.jpg

I'm sure you'll have a lorra' lorra' laughs with whoever you choose.

Says the one who doesn't like tea, coffee, chocolate, cake..... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

right so i have this lunch date thing tomorrow with number 2! Which is grand
    We have been texting quite a bit tonight and its kinda freaky how much we have in common...

here is my problem....i think its guy num 3 i really really like :o
    but i cant get in touch with him until sunday or monday when he is back and i kinda miss talking to him :(:o

so i dont know what to do...im kinda hoping that number 2 will be turned off my looks which im sure will happen....except i brought up the amazing bra that make zee boobies look lovely :D

number 1 i just want a go on and thats it so he is pretty much out of the picture for the moment! :o

You just want a go on! Hahaha, I love you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Want to find a cheap holiday for end of July, start of August - anyone got any good websites, sick of looking at different sites that I thought would be cheaper
    www.quickrooms.co.uk are very good, we used them once for a hotel and they worked out cheaper than other websites.

Have never booked a package holiday with them so can't say what they are like for those though.

Mmm popcorn, nom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Pixie, I've just realised what "guy #1, guy #2" is reminding me of!

cilla460.jpg

I'm sure you'll have a lorra' lorra' laughs with whoever you choose.

ahahaha yes that is whats its like!! :D
    Novella wrote: »
    You just want a go on! Hahaha, I love you :)

but i really do! we have nick named him MC.........monster cock tee hee hee

to be honest as much turmoil im in over this, it is quite funneh!!
    Normally im the one who has to help people with boy trouble but its me this time! :P

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    The smoky burny smell?
    Yup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Go for it, and I'll follow you too! Twitter buddies! :o:pac:
    PM me your linky thingy there!

PM me yours! :)

HELLS YEAH!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement