Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Oh I cannot stand Mrs Browns Boys!!! I have to leave ye room of its on. My future mother in law thinks its hilarious to call herself Mrs Brown and go on like her :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

krudler wrote: »
    ugh, Samantha Brick is back giving people sh1tty advice, can this troll just go away.

Who is Samantha Brick?

I hate hate HATE Mrs Brown. I don't find that man funny at all.

Anytime I'm in the home house my da puts in on and says 'Come on, you HAVE to find this part funny'. No, just no.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

ugh, Samantha Brick is back giving people sh1tty advice, can this troll just go away.

It's OK, no one listens to her. They are so blinded by her stunning looks that they couldn't possibly be expected to listen as well.

hmmm
    need a 4th person ;s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

bluewolf wrote: »
    hmmm
    need a 4th person ;s
    What for?

• Advertisement

What for?

table quiz on fri

trying to figure out who i know that could get out to dundrum :D
    apparently friend's bf is already finding out if anyone can go if not then it's up to me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Argghh booked someone yo do a small job in my house tomorrow. I booked him ages ago as I wanted the job done within a tight time slot (needed it done after twelve and before two). Explained all this when booking and offered to pay extra.

As I said I booked ages ago. He just left a message on my phone saying he will be there before Eleven as he has taken on another job at half 12. :mad:

Miaireland wrote: »
    Argghh booked someone yo do a small job in my house tomorrow. I booked him ages ago as I wanted the job done within a tight time slot (needed it done after twelve and before two). Explained all this when booking and offered to pay extra.

As I said I booked ages ago. He just left a message on my phone saying he will be there before Eleven as he has taken on another job at half 12. :mad:

leave a message on his saying he won't be there at all thanks :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Das Kitty wrote: »
    It's OK, no one listens to her. They are so blinded by her stunning looks that they couldn't possibly be expected to listen as well.

true, I dislike her because she's so beautiful I feel threatened.

or she's full of sh1t, I can't remember which. Her latest thing is telling women its acceptable to go through their OH's phones, emails and even open their post. deluded geebag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'm trying one that Acoshla recommended to me.

I don't really like cream cheese frosting and my regular buttercream isn't very spreadable.

I just used normal buttercream for my rainbow cake, firm icing is better for it so you can coat it well to hide the colour, and so it doesn't bulge out of all the layers, the meringue one does.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'll get practicing on the normal buttercream then instead :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    I'm not having an argument either to be fair. All I'm saying is that as you know the law profession is not the only one where people work very hard and in most other cases come out with a lot less money.

I attended a tcd law party a few years ago where was shocked by the attitude of SOME of the students. One guy told me what I did was of no real relevance as his was the only field that mattered. His main argument being that he was going to earn a hell of lot more than me.

I was recently told on boards that unless you're getting paid it doesn't count, which really is highly insulting. I work 60+ hours in something that I love for very little money as do a lot of people including the 1000's of volunteers.

I'm not saying you don't have a right to paid well at the top, that's the level it's set at.

Just maybe I'm talking umbrage at the word justify.

I understand that people will and do work harder than me, for less or no money. And fair play to them, if that's their choice. My point is that I want to reach a good level in my chosen career, and it's going to take a damn hard slog to get there, so I want to feel I will deserve whatever salary to which I'll be entitled.
    I'm not trying to belittle anyone else's job, ambitions or income. But I want to earn good money from my job, as it will be well-deserved.
    Also, don't pay any attention to those TCD students. There are many students (not just TCD) who have those opinions, but I'm not one of them.

In other news, I joined WW today. I'm not a huge fan of the way they do things, but for now I just need to be accountable to something to get me started losing weight. The planning and routine will be good for me too, and hopefully I won't have to rely on WW for too long. They've told me I only need to lose 10lbs but it would be great to get a stone off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Work is driving me insane AGAIN. Can't decide if I should stick it out til the new year, when I'm better qualified for other roles, or just jack it in now and try to find something that doesn't make me want to cry and/or punch people. Grr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

true, I dislike her because she's so beautiful I feel threatened.

or she's full of sh1t, I can't remember which. Her latest thing is telling women its acceptable to go through their OH's phones, emails and even open their post. deluded geebag.

Oh yeah because that's healthy and sane. What a fool.

pampootie wrote: »
    Work is driving me insane AGAIN. Can't decide if I should stick it out til the new year, when I'm better qualified for other roles, or just jack it in now and try to find something that doesn't make me want to cry and/or punch people. Grr.

look for other jobs while you're still employed now

mini tesco on talbot st better have ground almonds and oranges and cream

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

I have been but I've got a stupidly long notice period in my current job which is turning people off, can't blame them either.

/plays violin for self.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

All this cake talk is making me ponder what cake I want for my birthday. It is still a few weeks away, but as we all know - calories do not count on your birthday. This is an important decision :D

Hmmm... cake...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Hrrrmm. Things I NEED:
    Teeth to be professionally cleaned: €75
    Hard wearing walking/hiking shoes that don't fall apart after a month : €100 (including delivery from Canada due to large, awkward sizing)
    Two teeth extracted: Possibly covered on the medical card.
    Further unknown costs for future dental work.

Things that I WANT:
    New tattoo: €200
    This ring: http://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/star-trek-engagement-ring
    A plate of sushi and some sweet potato wedges: €20

I hate being broke. *goes to sell kidneys on eBay*

jujibee wrote: »
    All this cake talk is making me ponder what cake I want for my birthday. It is still a few weeks away, but as we all know - calories do not count on your birthday. This is an important decision :D

Hmmm... cake...

choc orange :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Wedding forums give me a good chuckle sometimes :D
    i was looking up pics of bridesmaids dresses on my phone that id saved because i liked the colour but i think my fiance saw a pic of a wedding dress very similar to my dress id saved. im so upset i don't know what to do now. should i change my dress to a completely different style??? :'( i hate the thought of him knowing what my dress is going to look like before our big day.

*headdesk*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Dolorous wrote: »

*headdesk*

weddings, turning usually sane people into deranged loons.

*headdesk*

I read that! Even told boyfriend about it because I thought it was so funny! She HAS to change her dress now lol! In fairness though my boyfriend is being a drama queen over my dress, doesn't want to see or hear anything about it, he knows it's white and if I told him any more than that he'd kill me, boys are weird.

Also, wtf is soft lace?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Lol, no idea! I thought lace was, eh, lace :pac:

Yeah my dress is hanging up in our house, he could look if he was arsed but as far as he's concerned all wedding dresses look the same!

I showed him my shoes and he got all "Lalala I don't wanna know!", don't know what the big deal is with him and this! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

The only thing worse than English text speak is French text speak. I cannot understand a word of it.

Looking at a FB page for the soap I watch and I'm just what is this I don't even....

The only thing worse than English text speak is French text speak. I cannot understand a word of it.

Looking at a FB page for the soap I watch and I'm just what is this I don't even....

paste some, im dying to see :D

bluewolf wrote: »
    paste some, im dying to see :D

Some examples:

elle fait sa pour kitté la serie et je c de koi je parle la*

Qu es que j rigole a lire vos.commentaire vous êtes tous des clochard c est qu un feuilleton et chacun son look Fabien et peu être pas au gout tt monde cette il a pas gel et tt mais il est bien chacun son.style non moi qd j regard faut.photo sur le coter y en a que j trouve super moche et qui critique.Fabien. Mais regard toi avant dire que les autre son pas a ton.gout et Guillaume damville c est une honte d Ecrire se que tu écris casse toi de la Page et j espère un jour que tu sera touche par une maladie et qu on parle de toi comme sa pauvre gas c est des maladie qui touche tt monde meme celui qui se protège et j pense que feuilleton et une bonne lecon vie car le SIDA tu peu l attraper on peu l attraper et Sybille c est une gamine mais c est qu un feuilleton son père a perdu Melanie elle Fabien par contre j suis d accord que les.nouveaux sa soul avant Charlotte leo Agathe Nathan la copine de Nathan la petite rousse les Fremont les Marci et tt nous manque la y a trop trop nouveau on a pas le tps s habituer au personnes qu il partent déjà dommage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Some examples:

elle fait sa pour kitté la serie et je c de koi je parle la*

Qu es que j rigole a lire vos.commentaire vous êtes tous des clochard c est qu un feuilleton et chacun son look Fabien et peu être pas au gout tt monde cette il a pas gel et tt mais il est bien chacun son.style non moi qd j regard faut.photo sur le coter y en a que j trouve super moche et qui critique.Fabien. Mais regard toi avant dire que les autre son pas a ton.gout et Guillaume damville c est une honte d Ecrire se que tu écris casse toi de la Page et j espère un jour que tu sera touche par une maladie et qu on parle de toi comme sa pauvre gas c est des maladie qui touche tt monde meme celui qui se protège et j pense que feuilleton et une bonne lecon vie car le SIDA tu peu l attraper on peu l attraper et Sybille c est une gamine mais c est qu un feuilleton son père a perdu Melanie elle Fabien par contre j suis d accord que les.nouveaux sa soul avant Charlotte leo Agathe Nathan la copine de Nathan la petite rousse les Fremont les Marci et tt nous manque la y a trop trop nouveau on a pas le tps s habituer au personnes qu il partent déjà dommage

Even Google Translate couldn't make much sense of that.

EmilyO wrote: »
    Even Google Translate couldn't make much sense of that.
    I have kind of an idea what it means, just because I watch the soap so i can fill in the blanks but god it hurts my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

*headdesk*

Was reading said thread this morning. Weddings really do knock any sense out of some people. Three days to go, I wonder whether myself and my sanity have parted company by Saturday?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement