Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Where's the wedding forum??? I wanna see!!!

She should really cancel the wedding over the groom seeing a dress that wasn't hers, on a phone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yes batman friday WEEK,have my ticket and all :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

There should be a list of legendary threads on WOL, kind of like the Boards one on AH. My personal favourites would be:
    • Cupcakegate
    • The debate on the classiness or otherwise of wedding toilet paper
    • "My bridesmaid is going to be visibly pregnant by the wedding, the selfish bitch"
    • Brides doing their seating plans 3 years in advance
    • The bride who had a complete and utter sh*t-fit because the car taking the bridesmaids to the church didn't match their dresses

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I am sick of my boss snapping at me about thing that have nothing to do with me and beyond my control.

Please let one of the job applications I sent out come to something so I can get out oof here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Honey-ec wrote: »
    There should be a list of legendary threads on WOL, kind of like the Boards one on AH. My personal favourites would be:
    • Cupcakegate
    • "My bridesmaid is going to be visibly pregnant by the wedding, the selfish bitch"
    • The bride who had a complete and utter sh*t-fit because the car taking the bridesmaids to the church didn't match their dresses

Please tell me more about the highlighted points :) Or even better, links?? I love brides (when I'm not working with them), they so crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

bluewolf wrote: »
    my friend and i once watched this show about kids (18-19) going off to ibiza to have some wild holiday except the mammies follow them and they don't know it, and they get filmed, the mammies sneak into their apts while they're gone, then show up on the last night to make a holy show of them in front of everyone
    To my eternal shame, I love this show. I only watch it when everyone else is out because it's SO awful. "Sun, sex and suspicious parents". I just sit there yelling "wtf is wrong with you, why are you following your child?!?!"
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    It's OK, no one listens to her. They are so blinded by her stunning looks that they couldn't possibly be expected to listen as well.
    I am sick of people making fun of her. You guys have no idea how hard it is to be ridiculously good-looking. It is a detriment in society and I'm tired of the bullying.

*stares at self in hand-held mirror*

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I am sick of people making fun of her. You guys have no idea how hard it is to be ridiculously good-looking. It is a detriment in society and I'm tired of the bullying.

*stares at self in hand-held mirror*
    I am just SICK of men buying me bottles of champagne constantly on nights out. Just because I'm really really ridiculously good-looking doesn't mean I won't get shitfaced after 18 bottles of Moët & Chandon. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Posy wrote: »
    I am just SICK of men buying me bottles of champagne constantly on nights out. Just because I'm really really ridiculously good-looking doesn't mean I won't get shitfaced after 18 bottles of Moët & Chandon. :rolleyes:

So that's why she wrote the article!

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Posy wrote: »

I think we should all get Orange Mocha Frappachinos and talk about this hurtful issue of people not understanding how hard it is for us to be really really ridiculously good-looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

WTB basic computer knowledge. Or, failing that, a printer that doesn't hate me.

Also WTB less shít friends.

:(:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

WTB basic computer knowledge. Or, failing that, a printer that doesn't hate me.

Also WTB less shít friends.

:(:mad:
    What's wrong with your computer/printer?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Honey-ec wrote: »
    • Cupcakegate

Those sound brilliant! any chance of a few linkys?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The batpod amd tumbler were in Dundrum today, pics of em over on the Dark Knight Rises thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

tumblr_m2r6pwAaOs1ruovmvo1_500.jpg
    XD I actually have no inclination to go see The Dark Knight Rises. I thought Begins was somewhat boring but The Dark Knight was awesome purely because I was rooting for The Joker the whole way through.

In other news, can anyone recommend me a good protein supplement to aid weight loss that DOESN'T cost more than €30 a week? Seriously, people. I'm on a tight budget! On the plus side, I could be getting monies from my MeeMaw if all goes well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

What's wrong with your computer/printer?

Nothing's wrong with my computer. And nothing's wrong with the printer. The problem is that my laptop isn't connected to the printer, and the computer that is connected to it refuses to open up the thing I want to print.

There's a lot I understand about computers, but this formatting stuff is beyond me. Always has been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

McChubbin wrote: »
    In other news, can anyone recommend me a good protein supplement to aid weight loss that DOESN'T cost more than €30 a week? Seriously, people. I'm on a tight budget!

Eggs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

McChubbin wrote: »
    tumblr_m2r6pwAaOs1ruovmvo1_500.jpg
    XD I actually have no inclination to go see The Dark Knight Rises. I thought Begins was somewhat boring but The Dark Knight was awesome purely because I was rooting for The Joker the whole way through.

In other news, can anyone recommend me a good protein supplement to aid weight loss that DOESN'T cost more than €30 a week? Seriously, people. I'm on a tight budget! On the plus side, I could be getting monies from my MeeMaw if all goes well. :D

Do you not want to see how it ends? Plus its got Bane, who's one of Batmans best villians

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Please don't link to this other site. We, at Boards, dont need the sh1t storm.

Thanks

Maple
    Neyite wrote: »
    Those sound brilliant! any chance of a few linkys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I made the mistake of browsing the cake forum. Now I really, really want cake :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Blue licence stays with me. Clipped someones mirror, straight fail. Waaayyyyyy too nervous. Think I failed before I got into the car.

• Advertisement

Blue licence stays with me. Clipped someones mirror, straight fail. Waaayyyyyy too nervous. Think I failed before I got into the car.

Saw a girl crash into the car beside her as she pulled out of the space to do her test, tester was stuck in the car because she wedged his side against the other car, he had to climb out her side and they had to wait for the owner of the other car. Now that is failing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

krudler wrote: »
    Do you not want to see how it ends? Plus its got Bane, who's one of Batmans best villians
    I might see it out of curiousity. Also, I would like to see if there's any of Frank Miller's imput regarding the Batman/Bane villain plotline. Especially the bit where
    Batman get's his SPINE BROKEN by Bane

I'm not a Batman fangirl in any sense though I do have a lot of affection towards the Tim Burton movies. :)
    As for the eggs tip regarding protein, I'm already guzzling 2 eggs a day nearly 7 days a week. I meant more in line with supplements like what you get out of Holland and Barrets.. :/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Acoshla wrote: »
    Saw a girl crash into the car beside her as she pulled out of the space to do her test, tester was stuck in the car because she wedged his side against the other car, he had to climb out her side and they had to wait for the owner of the other car. Now that is failing!

LOL even I wasn't that bad. Had a grade 3 for my reverse around a corner(which I'm brilliant at, normally :rolleyes: ) there was two kids on bikes on the road and path of the road I was reversing into. Mounted the path trying to get round that corner. :pac: No bother with actual driving or reversing round corners and I usually don't whack off peoples mirrors. All down to the nerves on the day and whether you're comfortable with the tester really.

Edit: mentioned to my sis about mum not coming home with the car till after 9 last night "oh she's just excited about the new kitchen"
    eh what? I have my driving test and want to do a little practice of the niggly bits and you justify if because she needs to stay in yours because she's excited about the kitchen. Silly me, how unreasonable of me. She hasn't been saying the same thing over and over and over again for weeks or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

:(

I failed my first one too, also because of nerves.

It was a simple mistake and one that you won't make again so be assured that you'll definitely get there in the end. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

jujibee wrote: »
    I made the mistake of browsing the cake forum. Now I really, really want cake :o

This isnt the cake forum?!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Things done today:
    - Got info on my grant
    - Left BTEA form in Social Welfare office
    - Bought some stationary and got a pencil case from my brother.
    - Remembered that I still have my bag I used in college last time.
    - Got a really handy recipe book from MABS.

Productive day. Things are looking up. :)

Jane that MABS book is handy isn't it :) Fair play to you, I HATE do anything to do with forms and handing them in etc, no idea why I just hate it, so avoid it for as long as possible. Missed my chance to get a medical card just because I wouldn't get the forms I needed for ages and then when I did I put off getting them signed by a doctor etc, my mother gives out sh*t to me for being like this :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Nice work, Jane! Piles of forms can seem so daunting- it's great to just get them sorted! :D

Bad luck with the test, RQ! At least next time you'll know what to expect and the nerves will be a lot less because of that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Acoshla you sound so lazy (in a good way!), I think we should be twins. I love it!! Haha :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

il_570xN.323497495.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement