Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Polloloca wrote: »
    Acoshla you sound so lazy (in a good way!), I think we should be twins. I love it!! Haha :D

Is there a good way to be lazy?? I am SO lazy, I blame my mother for spoiling me. I can work like a demon when I want, but the rest of the time I'm practically a sloth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

I still have no wages.....next pay day isnt til the 26th of july!! :(

I was on a bus to dublin this morning and the man beside me feel asleep and tried to cuddle me i couldnt move coz there were no other seats!!

I want a shower and a lie in but i cant coz ive work at 9am tomorrow :(

and to top off my shítty day, i just logged on to facebook to find a bítchy status aimed at me gah!! :mad:

:D:D:D

good work jane :cool:

bad luck rq- i was exactly the same in both tests. perfect at the reverse in practise, muck it up in the test. luckily i still got through the second time

can someone go to tesco and get my cake ingredients for me pls thx

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

@Acoshla - Yeah it's so handy. Love the way it has low cost recipes clearly marked and it's so easy to read. I'm all excited now. :D

@Posy - Thanks! This form filling is a pain but it will all be worth it in the end. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

And Jane, just wanted to say fair play to you for ploughing on with your plans. Reading briefly through earlier, WTF? Don't mind whoever it was. Moving out with no real plan or money would be cutting your nose off to spite your face. Keep the head down, don't let it get to you and just keep your eye on the prize that is getting away!! You're allowed feel sad between now and then without rushing up to pack your bags and make yourself homeless :roll eyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Blue licence stays with me. Clipped someones mirror, straight fail. Waaayyyyyy too nervous. Think I failed before I got into the car.

A girl I know crashed into an ambulance during her driving test. I don't know how she managed it. There was an ambulance coming behind her, no sirens or lights (not on their way to an accident or carrying a patient) and she panicked and tried to pull in out of their way. They thought that she was moving into the inside lane so they started to move past her into the right turning lane and she pressed the wrong pedal or something (I don't drive cars, just bikes) and she managed to hit the ambulance. No damage done, just a light tip. She failed obviously.

Also, what do you mean blue licence? My provisional is kind of minty green.

Thank you bluewolf. :)

And OMG I want that bracelet! :D

@Polloloca - Thanks. I'm getting there slowly but surely. Not a huge amount to do now, just complete the grant form, sort out somewhere to live and get some folders/refill pads etc. Don't really need any new clothes. Decided that I'm going to try save maybe a fiver or a tenner a week and try get some (cheap) driving lessons when I'm there too. Feels great to be taking charge. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    il_570xN.323497495.jpg

:eek: That is the coolest thing ever!
    Acoshla wrote: »
    Is there a good way to be lazy?? I am SO lazy, I blame my mother for spoiling me. I can work like a demon when I want, but the rest of the time I'm practically a sloth :)

Aw, sloths :D

feck
    re-read the instructions properly

Put the oranges in a saucepan with cold water and bring to the boil before reducing the heat and simmering for 2 hours,

not a chance lads

time to find another one

ding ding we have a winner

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3092/ultimate-chocolate-cake?pager.offset=240
    "I have also made a chocolate orange variation of this cake and used Terry's chocolate orange and G&B Orange Choc in place of normal chocolate which was also delicious!! "

Novella wrote: »
    I have never seen any of those. :o

I will have to look up despicable me... would agree with all those except horton hears a who....... soooooooooo boring......................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

We have internets again! And tv.... now to catch up with Hollyoaks!

Ooh, now craving Terrys Chocolate Orange.... might just go to the shop and buy Toblerone instead though, they're down to a euro....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Ooh, now craving Terrys Chocolate Orange.... might just go to the shop and buy Toblerone instead though, they're down to a euro....

There's no comparison. Terry's Chocolate Orange wins hands down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Oooh, stop talking about chocolate! >_< *shoos away the thoughts of Magnum ice creams*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Hard day in work. The OH was meant to do me a favour but forgot so I was b!tching about him... as you do. Then he walks in the door with a veggie lasagne and Belgium chocolate milk for me to make for my dinner.

Then he did the favour. So sweet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Need to get a new battery for my laptop, €81 euro + delivery from Acer directly.

Gonna have a mooch around, see if I can get it cheaper, hopefully I can :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Going to go read The Call of Cthultlu now that I've been able to find it on a free e-book site. I have hard copies of both Epoch Tales and The Necronomicron but they weigh a ton.
    Been looking on Holland & Barrett's website for protein supplements but they all seem to be geared towards weight GAIN rather than loss. :/
    Hrrrmmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Spent today at the courts again, loved every minute of it. I really, really want to be a barrister but it seems completely unrealistic. I'm going to try to figure it out though, if there's even a chance I could do it and make it work I owe it to myself, really :)

I'm currently rereading To Kill A Mockingbird, it brings me right back to third year! Good times. :)

Just had cheese and crackers, seriously is there anything more lovely? Please let there be no cheese haters in this thread, I can't even comprehend that!

have you tried it with the balsamic jelly on the cheese???? just discovered it during week. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

There's no comparison. Terry's Chocolate Orange wins hands down!

Half price in Tesco - or was 2 weeks ago when I was buying one :D

Wrecked from today - summer camp from 9.30 to 5.30! Mammy making me beef burgers for dinner - and I just feel like sleeping!

krudler wrote: »
    wait, anytime I go anywhere with ryanir I check the price multiple times a day they're up and down constantly.

Damn it, flights gone up to 290 euro... f@~# it!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:eek:
    at this stage reckon will stay going up unless people stop booking flights!

DONT BOOK FLIGHT TO VERONA, MAKE THEM DROP THE PRICE PLEASE!!!!!!
    TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE THINKING OF GOING!!

• Advertisement

omg. the cake mix tastes AWESOME.
    *secretly licks bowl*

replaced the 400g plain chocolate (only 200g in the cake, 200g in the ganache) with 150g green&black plain, 100g lindt orange (they didnt have g&b orange), and the rest terrys choc orange :cool:
    making the "ganache" now
    hope it turns out ok...

edit: ganache looks gorgeous actually :eek: i did it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Need to get a new battery for my laptop, €81 euro + delivery from Acer directly.

Gonna have a mooch around, see if I can get it cheaper, hopefully I can :)
    Closed account. :(

That is sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

The Lovely Muffin :O

STOP CLOSING ACCOUNTS :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 31,906 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The closing accounts thing is bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Ah lads, this is getting ridiculous. I'm starting to think we're being punk'd! :eek:

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    The Lovely Muffin :O

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

WinterSong wrote: »
    Spent today at the courts again, loved every minute of it. I really, really want to be a barrister but it seems completely unrealistic. I'm going to try to figure it out though, if there's even a chance I could do it and make it work I owe it to myself, really :)

I'm currently rereading To Kill A Mockingbird, it brings me right back to third year! Good times. :)

You never know until you try!! ;)
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    The closing accounts thing is bollox

It's like some disease that's spreading around Boards. There must be some sort of vaccine available!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Just had a wagon wheel for the first time since I was a kid and they are still nyom.

I ran two red lights during my driving test and still passed, don't know how I got away with it, one maybe but two :eek:

I'm beginning to think people are hitting the close account button by accident, the last two had such normal posts just before and then they were gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement