Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

jujibee wrote: »
    Which recipe did you end up using?

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3092/ultimate-chocolate-cake?pager.offset=260

replace 400g plain dark with 150g plain dark green&blacks, 100g lindt dark orange, 150 terrys choc orange (all split evenly across the cake & ganache)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

bluewolf wrote: »
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3092/ultimate-chocolate-cake?pager.offset=260

replace 400g plain dark with 150g plain dark green&blacks, 100g lindt dark orange, 150 terrys choc orange (all split evenly across the cake & ganache)

That looks like a birthday cake front runner! Thanks :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Anyone watching RTE2? Scarification - what? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Ah ladies... the cake talk is driving me mad. I may actually get baking stuff tomorrow after work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Ah ladies... the cake talk is driving me mad. I may actually get baking stuff tomorrow after work!

Must...stay...strong...only...joined...WW...today...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I hope that anyone experiencing harrassment on this site (not saying this is the reason for Muffin or Kiera closing their accounts at all) lets a mod know. I'm lucky enough not to have been a victim of this but it happens. Earlier today a female youtuber I've followed over the years said that she's been receiving death threats and photos of her house, enough to force her offline and have her fear for her life. It's unacceptable.

Oh yes, I saw that. Absolutely awful. :mad: Poor Laci. :(

Btw, in response to your earlier DFTBA question; yes, I iz nerdfighter. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

WinterSong wrote: »
    Spent today at the courts again, loved every minute of it. I really, really want to be a barrister but it seems completely unrealistic. I'm going to try to figure it out though, if there's even a chance I could do it and make it work I owe it to myself, really :)

I'm currently rereading To Kill A Mockingbird, it brings me right back to third year! Good times. :)

I love being at the courts. It's my favourite part of my job. If I was to go further in my career I'd probably choose being a barrister over a solicitor. I love the work that our barristers do, they're legends on our circuit so when we go up to the courts with them for a case it's like having bono (if people liked bono) on our team :P

Just back from Spiderman :D It was really good
    bit too much lovey dovey going on though

Sad to see Muffin go :( Hope they all come back when they've had a break and time to think.

I really hope no posters find themselves in a position where they're being bullied or harassed to the point of closing their account so they can hide. I've been on boards for years and obviously lucky enough not to have any hassle on here, other than a few smart alec remarks in thread. The ignore list is handy and after that obviously a mod is the next step. Such a pity to see so many great posters gone.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8615813/Trail/searchtext%3ECUPCAKE.htm

bluewolf they are without a doubt the best baking item I have bought over the past year. They are so handy. Bought a load of them in Tesco when they had them on special offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

That chocolate cake looks really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

That chocolate cake looks really good.

Hi and welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

All excited about college. It's within my grasp now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Lol I must be one of the few non cake fans in the thread! i seem to be losing my sweet tooth as I get older.

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    All excited about college. It's within my grasp now. :)

What kind of course are you going to do? I adored my time in College.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I know I'm in cake territory here but due to lack of (a)ingredients and (b)motivation to walk to the shops I made sticky sticks(sp) by the Baker Brothers.

Basically, they're like doughnuts only in stick form - deep fried and rolled in sugar (melted chocolate optional) :cool: I think someone else mentioned them here a while ago? NOM

Well done on getting everything organised for college jane! It's a lot of work, I was pretty overwhelmed with the grant forms and registration deadlines last year (which it turns out aren't exactly strict in college...). You're nearly there anyway :)

*warning rant ahead*
    - I was reading in the Learning to drive forum that there are instructors who are counting one EDT module as a two hours lesson (When it's supposed to be one) to get more money out of people. My friend was told by her instructor that she needed to pay 35euro per hour and that each module was 2 hours (70euro for one of the 12 modules) and shes already paid for 4 modules :mad: Just annoys me.

There's a certain driving instructor near where I live and he is charging absolutely scandalous prices for motorbike IBT. Trying to let on that it costs him €x per module, there are four modules (lasts 16 hours altogether) but that he only charges a fraction of that which is still way more than any other IBT instructor. Lately he has cut his prices slightly because he has gotten an absolute leathering on loads of the motorbike forums.

Miaireland wrote: »
    What kind of course are you going to do? I adored my time in College.

I'm hoping to do a level 8 Bachelor of Science in Veterinary Practice Management.. :) Fingers crossed it all works out.
    kate.m wrote: »
    Well done on getting everything organised for college jane! It's a lot of work, I was pretty overwhelmed with the grant forms and registration deadlines last year (which it turns out aren't exactly strict in college...). You're nearly there anyway :)

Thanks! :) Nearly there yep. Have to sort out my accommodation next.

Best of luck with it. I would love to be going back.

The 12 Apostles song is stuck in my head since yesterday. Anyone else know it? "There was Peter and Andrew, James and John, and James the less and his brother Jude, there was Philip and Bartholemhew, There was Simon and Matthew too, there was Judas Iscariot, There was Thomas and thats the lot..."

Blaming this on Boybestie, one hundred percent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

The 12 Apostles song is stuck in my head since yesterday. Anyone else know it? "There was Peter and Andrew, James and John, and James the less and his brother Jude, there was Philip and Bartholemhew, There was Simon and Matthew too, there was Judas Iscariot, There was Thomas and thats the lot..."

I read that and in my head sang "It was red and yellow and green and brown, scarlet and black and ochre and peach, and ruby and olive and violet and fawn...." :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Home from meeting - need sleep, but feel too awake to go to sleep :(

can't believe the Lovely Muffin closed her account

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Havent heard that song in yrs.............thanks its stuck in my head now ahhhh :mad:

You're welcome ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Got my eye-test for my provisional license today. Was a bit nervous...hadn't got an eye-test since I was about 4 :o Anyway turns out I have 20/10 vision...which the lady said is quite rare and pretty much the best it can be. Woop woop. Didn't like getting the eye-test at all though...was very uncomfortable. Would prefer a dentist appointment any-day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Got my eye-test for my provisional license today. Was a bit nervous...hadn't got an eye-test since I was about 4 :o Anyway turns out I have 20/10 vision...which the lady said is quite rare and pretty much the best it can be. Woop woop. Didn't like getting the eye-test at all though...was very uncomfortable. Would prefer a dentist appointment any-day!

:eek::eek::eek:

No way?! I love it! Especially when they're shining the light in your eyes and you can see all your optical blood vessels, it's AWESOME!!

Night night everyone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

LOL just brought back memories from primary school :D

Booked my christmas flights home today yay, got a good price too!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

And fair play to her.

I did also suggest staying in her boyfriends house more often as to get away from that environment.

your post was helpfull and she should be more greatful to get replys...maybe she is just stressed, let her figure it out!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭rustopher

LOL just brought back memories from primary school :D

Booked my christmas flights home today yay, got a good price too!

where is home? your well organised. I want to book for 2 weeks away but flight gone up to 279 e. Is this too expensive, reckon they wont drop. its for italy. I havent been abroad in years:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement