Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

rustopher wrote: »
    where is home? your well organised. I want to book for 2 weeks away but flight gone up to 279 e. Is this too expensive, reckon they wont drop. its for italy. I havent been abroad in years:mad:

Home is Ireland but I live in the US now in the north west. Prices are usually pretty steep :( But they went down a lot today so I bit the bullet and booked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Morning Ladies :)

Doing a bit of redecorating later, I got some nice canvas prints from my sister and going to hang them up as well as some new curtains. Going to sort out my desk area and be ruthless with things that I don't need.

My younger sister should be delighted later when I'm ruthless with my makeup/nailpolish collection!

Time for tea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Black pudding for breakfast, yum.

Had a bad night with the arthritis in my foot, wish to god it wasn't raining out, gonna make it a whole lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

TIRED. My first time working breakfast in AGES. This won't be fun.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Still in bed. Due in work in 46 minutes.

Whoops.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

While it's sad that people are closing their accounts, I'm not very worried, because I think a lot of the people closing accounts are coming back under fresh new accounts. I have an idea that the reason so many people are closing their accounts at the moment is cos people are starting to realise it's easy to do. Maybe people would have thought of opening new accounts before but maybe would not have wanted to break rules by having two accounts at the same time, but now you can avoid that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

That Cookie Monster video hilarious.

Love it :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Neil Gaiman has officially made it onto my dream dinner party guest list. He's been close for ages but he posted something this morning (or last night) on his blog about combatting internet hate with love, and how you can challenge people's opinions and beliefs without being a dick and resorting to hate.

<3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Neil Gaiman has officially made it onto my dream dinner party guest list. He's been close for ages but he posted something this morning (or last night) on his blog about combatting internet hate with love, and how you can challenge people's opinions and beliefs without being a dick and resorting to hate.

<3
    How's the migraine this morning? Hope you are feeling better!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

How's the migraine this morning? Hope you are feeling better!

Much better, thanks. Back at work and all.

I caught up on all the laundry yesterday. Highlight of my day. :)

• Advertisement

I love getting all my washing done. Makes me feel like I've achieved something.

Oh god... I'm turning into my mother... Kill me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I love getting all my washing done. Makes me feel like I've achieved something.

Oh god... I'm turning into my mother... Kill me!!!

I had a day off on Monday. I spent the morning washing all my clothes and bedsheets, including the pile of handwashing I've been dodging for weeks (empty washing basket now isn't that great!) cleaning the house from top to bottom (paying particular attention to the bathrooms) and finally, treated myself to a nice Marks & Spencer salad for lunch.

WTF has happened to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

@rustopher - I never said I wasn't grateful of replies, in fact I said the exact opposite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

So I don't think I'm going to Italy on Tuesday after all. Just don't have the sponds.

*stares balefully at 10 days off highlighted on calendar*

In other news, my sore throat just refuses to p*ss off and I had a very upsetting phone call with STBEH last night. I really think a wine-y lunch is required today.

Gauge wrote: »
    I had a day off on Monday. I spent the morning washing all my clothes and bedsheets, including the pile of handwashing I've been dodging for weeks (empty washing basket now isn't that great!) cleaning the house from top to bottom (paying particular attention to the bathrooms) and finally, treated myself to a nice Marks & Spencer salad for lunch.

WTF has happened to me?

We're getting old :(

I have to sort out my bathrooms. I never really got them organised when I moved into the house.

I bought new bed covers at the weekend and I can't wait to put them on my bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Jane, as someone who has been in your situation it is a horrible place to be. I know it is often not as easy as people think just to pack and move out.

All I can say is try to keep your head down and think of college. Best of luck, I know it is tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

We're getting old :(

I have to sort out my bathrooms. I never really got them organised when I moved into the house.

I bought new bed covers at the weekend and I can't wait to put them on my bed.

My bedsheets/covers have a big hot chocolate stain on them and I need new ones badly! But I can't find any I think are nice enough and within my budget...

Is there a homestore and more near you?

That's where I got my latest ones. They are pretty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I am definitely turning into my mother, influenced heavily by my boyfriend's sister's boyfriend, who is a clean freak. I am so in awe of his spotless apartment that I am starting to act and think like him, wanting everything super clean. But because I'm fundamentally lazy this stops somewhere in the middle of my natural messy state and his super clean state and leaves things relatively clean and tidy :) I have started to derive pleasure from having a clean and tidy home like him, it's a great feeling and free to achieve :D When I'm finished work today my plan is to tidy lots of things in the house, hoover everywhere, de-fur the furniture, hang up my clean clothes, wash more, ahhhhh bliss!

We're all becoming grown ups! :p

I must look in Homestore when I can, I get mine in Penneys because I have a habit of wrecking bedclothes with make up, nail varnish remover, tea...

Honey-ec wrote: »
    So I don't think I'm going to Italy on Tuesday after all. Just don't have the sponds.

*stares balefully at 10 days off highlighted on calendar*

In other news, my sore throat just refuses to p*ss off and I had a very upsetting phone call with STBEH last night. I really think a wine-y lunch is required today.

Have you looked into flying into Pisa or Venice and getting a train?

• Advertisement

@Miaireland - thanks :) I'm getting there slowly but surely. Grant form is almost done and I have all the other forms sent back. Next week I'm going to sort out accommodation. It's a good thing I know Athlone, it'll make things a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I have it on good (ish) authority that I'm going to win the lotto (lol), so I have a quick pick on my shopping list ;)

Might as well chance my arm this once, see if my luck was a once-off or if I'm on a roll :D

Acoshla wrote: »
    I am definitely turning into my mother, influenced heavily by my boyfriend's sister's boyfriend, who is a clean freak. I am so in awe of his spotless apartment that I am starting to act and think like him, wanting everything super clean. But because I'm fundamentally lazy this stops somewhere in the middle of my natural messy state and his super clean state and leaves things relatively clean and tidy :) I have started to derive pleasure from having a clean and tidy home like him, it's a great feeling and free to achieve :D When I'm finished work today my plan is to tidy lots of things in the house, hoover everywhere, de-fur the furniture, hang up my clean clothes, wash more, ahhhhh bliss!

We're all becoming grown ups! :p

I must look in Homestore when I can, I get mine in Penneys because I have a habit of wrecking bedclothes with make up, nail varnish remover, tea...

I bought some lovely covers in Pennys before. They were red at the top and white and the bottom. I washed them and the white part turned into a weird hybrid pink.

I was so devastated (first world problem) that I've decided

A) Never to buy bed covers in Pennys again and
    B) If Plan A doesn't work then to use a colour catcher. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Miaireland wrote: »
    Have you looked into flying into Pisa or Venice and getting a train?

My flights are booked and paid for, it's the hotel & spending money that's the problem!

I wish if people say they are going to be somewhere at a certain time that they turn up at that time.

My flights are booked and paid for, it's the hotel & spending money that's the problem!

Sorry, I know someone was talking about flight prices. Haha no tips on sourcing cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

That sounds icky, have lots of wine!

In other news, if this is what getting wisdom teeth I wanna stay young and foolish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

I'm going to Palestine in 4 days!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Hi pinkheels88, hope you're well. :)

• Advertisement

I'm going to Palestine in 4 days!!! :D:D:D:D:D

I'm going to Limerick in 3 :D:D

I know it's not the same but I'm still very excited :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement