Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I'm going to Limerick in 3 :D:D

I know it's not the same but I'm still very excited :)
    Well they are both pretty dangerous...

I kid, I kid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

My new laptop arrived :D Now to play with it while I should be working!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I'm going to Limerick in 3 :D:D

I know it's not the same but I'm still very excited :)

Limerick....WOOT!!!

(Sorry, Limerick NEVER gets a mention in here :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Our little baby kitten is gone to be spayed, the poor pet was playing with the other animals an hour ago and now she's in a cage in the vets listening to other spayed cats howling, God love her.

She's gonna be a nightmare when she gets home tomorrow, I just *know* she'd be a stitch puller if she was let, will be watching her like a hawk even with a collar on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Acoshla wrote: »
    Our little baby kitten is gone to be spayed, the poor pet was playing with the other animals an hour ago and now she's in a cage in the vets listening to other spayed cats howling, God love her.

She's gonna be a nightmare when she gets home tomorrow, I just *know* she'd be a stitch puller if she was let, will be watching her like a hawk even with a collar on her.

Our girl was very disorientated from the anasthetic, we put some newspaper in her basket as she couldn't control her bladder for a few hours after, she seemed in a bad way. The next morning the transformation was unreal, not a bother on her and she'd managed to get the collar off overnight, needless to say we secured it more tightly after that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Limerick....WOOT!!!

I was born there; haven't been back there since but I'll still defend it! Try being from Offaly, people's faces just drop when you tell them where you live :o
    Dolorous wrote: »
    Our girl was very disorientated from the anasthetic, we put some newspaper in her basket as she couldn't control her bladder for a few hours after, she seemed in a bad way. The next morning the transformation was unreal, not a bother on her and she'd managed to get the collar off overnight, needless to say we secured it more tightly after that!

Ah the poor thing! We had our dog neutered recently, he was so forlorn for the ten days in his big cone (he's a retriever). The day after he got his stitches out, Dad left the cone in the garden for him to play with. When Mum came home, the wee eejit had managed to get it back on and couldn't get it off :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

My cat only had 2 stitches. She was grand within a few hours. No collar needed. I had visions of pampering her in front of the fire. I was disappoint:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I just got Make Up Academy foundation in the pound shop for a euro.. No idea what it's like, it could be sh*t but I need to be saving money and my normal foundation is 6 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Limerick....WOOT!!!

Because its sh1te :pac:

(born and bred i can get away with such statements) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

The 12 Apostles song is stuck in my head since yesterday. Anyone else know it? "There was Peter and Andrew, James and John, and James the less and his brother Jude, there was Philip and Bartholemhew, There was Simon and Matthew too, there was Judas Iscariot, There was Thomas and thats the lot..."

My flatmate and I were wrecking our heads trying to think of how this one went a night a few weeks ago, no-one else in our (very international) houseshare had a clue what we were on about!

In excellent news, I passed my driving test today! First time and only one minor fault (getting too close to a pedestrian). I hadn't even considered that I'd actually pass it, to the point that when he told me to pull in at the end I assumed he was terminating the test early because I'd missed something major!

Everything is really coming together for me this month, after a rubbish year. That was the last thing I was really concerned about, since I would be really stuck when I move in Sept if I didn't have a car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

2nd day of minding nephews and so far:
    • child 1 punched child 2 in the face, causing his nose to swell up and pump blood.
    • child 1 ran off on me in a shopping centre causing me a mild heart attack. Found him after a very long 5 minutes.
    • the monopoly board has been snapped in half and monopoly money torn up
    • I have been asked "why does our mom say you're stupid and not to turn out like you?"
    • My clothes are covered in chocolate, juice and other unidentifable stains.
    • THEY NEVER STOP WANTING FOOD!!!
    Anyone want to trade? I'll give you both kids in exchange for a kitten.

EDIT: also have been called a c**t by the 6 year old during his latest temper tantrum....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Well done Semele. :D

bubblefett wrote: »
    • child 1 punched child 2 in the face, causing his nose to swell up and pump blood.
    • child 1 ran off on me in a shopping centre causing me a mild heart attack. Found him after a very long 5 minutes.
    • I have been asked "why does our mom say you're stupid and not to turn out like you?"

My uncle's 4 children, 9, 7, 3 and 1 are a pleasure to mind, pretty clean, polite, careful with toys, full of giggles and jokes, other than massive levels of loud giggling and screeching from the two girls they are lovely (but tiring!) to hang out with, jealous? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

My uncle's 4 children, 9, 7, 3 and 1 are a pleasure to mind, pretty clean, polite, careful with toys, full of giggles and jokes, other than massive levels of loud giggling and screeching from the two girls they are lovely (but tiring!) to hang out with, jealous? :p

So jealous!
    I've 3 other nephews from my other sister- 9, 4 and 3 and they're brilliant, I love minding them. But these are my nephews that have just moved back to the country after 5 years living abroad. They've no boundaries and are impossible to control. And my god the swearing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Edit: :rolleyes:

You monster :eek: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

EDIT: also have been called a c**t by the 6 year old during his latest temper tantrum....

I was reading that having your mobile phone reduces sperm count and lowers possibility of having kids, I now carry two phones in either pocket all day every day. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

EmilyO wrote: »
    I was born there; haven't been back there since but I'll still defend it! Try being from Offaly, people's faces just drop when you tell them where you live :o

Ah the poor thing! We had our dog neutered recently, he was so forlorn for the ten days in his big cone (he's a retriever). The day after he got his stitches out, Dad left the cone in the garden for him to play with. When Mum came home, the wee eejit had managed to get it back on and couldn't get it off :rolleyes:

This just made me snort with laughter! I'm dogsitting at the moment and I forgot just how hilarious dogs can be.

Just for that comment alone I would refuse to babysit the little monsters again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Acoshla, for your sanity, you're in the right.....

Ophiognon - our dog is hilariously stupid, but we loves him, there's nothing like seeing him all happy when he sees us :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Hi pinkheels88, hope you're well. :)

Thanks Jane I'm good :) I'm pretty cwap at posting these days because I've so much going on (says the girl who's watched 2 seasons of House MD in the past week...:rolleyes::o)

*In sum:
    I've moved into a teeny tiny shoebox sized studio in a villa in Abu Dhabi but so happy to have left the drama-filled ghetto!
    Things are going good with Z <3
    The puppy is currently and very contentedly eating my IKEA rug
    I'm made some REALLY great girl friends here in Abu Dhabi at last :)
    I had a really nice visit from a friend of mine (known eachother since we're 5) she works as a air hostess based in Dubai. Had some drama with her last year about the whole conversion thing but it looks like it's well behind us.
    I'm preparing myself for my first Ramadan
    I've been accepted for a postgraduate teaching degree in Dubai in September
    And did I mention, I'm going to Palestine on Sunday??? :D
    I'm so excited! This is all a result of a sudden whim I had last summer that I wanted to do something to challenge myself and maybe make a difference with these long summer vacations I have, and now it's actually happening! :)

I see you're applying for college too? Best of luck with everything :)

• Advertisement

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Go have coffee and cake, take a chill out 20 mins xx

Second this, bit of cake (I'm sure you have some somewhere lol ;) ) and a coffee and chill out and forget about her.

Second this, bit of cake (I'm sure you have some somewhere lol ;) ) and a coffee and chill out and forget about her.

I'm off cake (had 3 cupcakes yesterday shhh) so I'm having breakfast of toast and tea, with my last teabag! Oh the horror, guarantee I'll forget that it's the last one when I go to have more tea later on :p

tumblr_m2nmapPwZu1qacv0k.png

I swear this is my boyfriend when he realises that there is (a) no teabags and/or (b) no sugar and/or (c) no milk. I don't drink tea so every now and then, even 3 years later, I still get the odd suspicious look haha

Yeah pixie I get all "OH NO!! We've no teabags/milk! :(" even though there's 4 shops within a 20 second drive, it's so disappointing when you get as far as having the water boiled! :p

Yeah see if we run out of stuff and the creamery is closed (it has proper country opening hours), it's 20 minutes into town and back and when it's raining pulling on the bike leathers doesn't have the same appeal lol!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

How do you run out of tea bags? :eek:

Bad shopping plans. We only went to Tesco a few hours ago like, poorly organised :p

When your housemates invite friends over and make five cups of tea with two bags in each cup...

I'm not bitter, oh no....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I usually have about 3 or 4 boxes in the press. Buy them on offer and just in case theres some major tragedy and I can't get out for long enough that I need 400 teabags. :D

That being said, have completely gone off tea over the last week while I've been sick. Tried again this morning and couldn't drink it. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Whyyy did I go out last night? Drunken rows, crying, empty wallet and a sore head this morning :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement