Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I don't drink tea so that problem only arises when my sister comes over and I haven't replaced the tea she's drank from her last visit.

So now she normal comes with tea :)

When your housemates invite friends over and make five cups of tea with two bags in each cup...

I'm not bitter, oh no....

my mother uses 2 tea bags and it makes me cross
    we dont usually run out though we buy giant boxes

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Making plans to try the new sushi joint in Galway with my foodie buddy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

bluewolf wrote: »
    my mother uses 2 tea bags and it makes me cross
    we dont usually run out though we buy giant boxes
    That incident was back in my Irish houseshare days. I had 10 bags left which was grand til my next shop, but I got up in the morning and they hadn't even left a single bag in the box! I was not a happy bunny.

Now I get visitors to bring boxes of 180 teabags when they come over to visit.

i guess you cant get proper tea in france :D:D

i spilled pepsi on my white top because i am smart
    i think the facewipes might have done the job in sorting it though
    luckily it's a ruffly top anyway not stretched out like a canvas to display every single mark

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    i guess you cant get proper tea in france :D:D

i spilled pepsi on my white top because i am smart
    i think the facewipes might have done the job in sorting it though
    luckily it's a ruffly top anyway not stretched out like a canvas to display every single mark
    Well you can get proper tea but it;s not Barrys! (I think you can order it online but it is crazy expensive). I'll pick up a few boxes when I'm home in August as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

My boyfriend goes through the big box of barrys every week, think it's the one with 160 teabags in it, whatever is the biggest box. The odd time if we have lots of visitors (our house is like a drop in centre) we have to buy the 80 teabag box about half way through the week.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Making plans to try the new sushi joint in Galway with my foodie buddy. :D

Is this Raw?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

tea leaves FTW! :D

(We only have tea bags in case we run out of tea leaves :))

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Mmmm tea.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Ick, tea :p

When I was in college and had people over I could only offer them coffee, water...or vodka :pac:

EmilyO wrote: »
    Ick, tea :p

GET OUT! :mad: :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

That being said, have completely gone off tea over the last week while I've been sick. Tried again this morning and couldn't drink it. :eek:

Think of it as a great chance to break free from the boiling water and plant leaves horribleness :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Before I moved to Ireland I only drank green tea or coffee and now I am addicted to regular tea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Iced tea with lemon is lovely on a hot day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

GET OUT! :mad: :P

Hey, I complimented your baby!

:p

EmilyO wrote: »
    Hey, I complimented your baby!

:p
    well played, EmilyO, well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Ivy, I'd be really careful who you show your baby to....

....no one wants tea-hatin' weirdos looking at their baby

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Ugh, I hate tea. They gave me tea when I was in hospital and I drank it in my morphine induced happy daze and it was rotten!

Is this Raw?

Yep. Bear in mind I've only had sushi from a stall before. But some of my mates went a few weeks ago and thought it was fab.

• Advertisement

Let us know what it's like.

I'm dying to go there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Nothing quite like both of ye being at home on a weekday and sitting in different rooms not speaking because of a fight :rolleyes: Today will be awkward.

Edit: Lads why are there hailstones???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

bubblefett wrote: »
    2nd day of minding nephews and so far:
    • child 1 punched child 2 in the face, causing his nose to swell up and pump blood.
    • child 1 ran off on me in a shopping centre causing me a mild heart attack. Found him after a very long 5 minutes.
    • the monopoly board has been snapped in half and monopoly money torn up
    • I have been asked "why does our mom say you're stupid and not to turn out like you?"
    • My clothes are covered in chocolate, juice and other unidentifable stains.
    • THEY NEVER STOP WANTING FOOD!!!
    Anyone want to trade? I'll give you both kids in exchange for a kitten.

EDIT: also have been called a c**t by the 6 year old during his latest temper tantrum....

I would bring them back to the shopping centre. Let them run off and leave. Charming kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Yep. Bear in mind I've only had sushi from a stall before. But some of my mates went a few weeks ago and thought it was fab.

I adore Sushi, its a shame there are very few places in Cork to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I think I'm coming down with something :( My head feels all fuzzy and I have absolutely zero appetite (this is a baaaad sign for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Gotta get rid of this sleepy afternoon slump! Ive cut out carby food in the afternoon, always eat a wholesome a good breakfast, and lots of fruit during the day. Had a little bit of cake that a colleague brought in..but my head could hit the keyboard any second! Ive gotten fitter, taken up running and continuing zumba, and try get my 7-8 hours sleep, so technically Im doing the right things...grrrr!!

Gotta get rid of this sleepy afternoon slump! Ive cut out carby food in the afternoon, always eat a wholesome a good breakfast, and lots of fruit during the day. Had a little bit of cake that a colleague brought in..but my head could hit the keyboard any second! Ive gotten fitter, taken up running and continuing zumba, and try get my 7-8 hours sleep, so technically Im doing the right things...grrrr!!

I find a b-vitamin hit at lunchtime works wonders. That and lots of water. If all else fails, coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I find a b-vitamin hit at lunchtime works wonders. That and lots of water. If all else fails, coffee.

As in a tablet hit? I have had a cup of coffee muck (office cheap coffee) and an Innocent Smoothie. Trying to hide behind keyboard as literally nodding off! Always went for a walkabout!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I've had two cups of tea since Monday. TWO. And no coffee. For no reason other than I somehow forgot to make any. :eek:

On the plus side, clearly I don't drink enough to have developed a dependency because there's no sign of any withdrawal headaches that people go on about.

*goes and makes a celebratory mug of coffee*

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

oooh, would love to check that place out :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement