Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

As in a tablet hit? I have had a cup of coffee muck (office cheap coffee) and an Innocent Smoothie. Trying to hide behind keyboard as literally nodding off! Always went for a walkabout!

I have the effervescent ones from Tesco. Cost about 2.50 for twenty of them. B complex and C.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Acoshla wrote: »
    Nothing quite like both of ye being at home on a weekday and sitting in different rooms not speaking because of a fight :rolleyes: Today will be awkward.

Edit: Lads why are there hailstones???

Walk round in something skimpy and sexy. That'll teach him.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Also nodding off here! But that may be because Im trying to do some dissertation work...:pac:

Going to make coffee in the hope ill get a burst of energy, having a seriously unproductive day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Walk round in something skimpy and sexy. That'll teach him.

He has hoovered the whole house, done something else housey and then asked if I need anything from the shops so he's clearly gone doing more household chores, I'm very suspicious...

Nobody needs to see me wearing something skimpy, not even I would look at that!

Edit: He bought teabags and made me tea!! Would love to know why he's being so nice when the fight was pretty much 50/50, or even 60/40 my fault!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

I have a new dress and nail polish, which makes me happy. :D Plus the weather over here couldn't be further from what it was like last summer. It's so beautiful and sunny, with a lovely breeze. It's been like this for weeks - I'm not going to know what to do back in rainy, grey Ireland!

The sunshine even makes up for the fact that I saw the film Ted last night and it was one of the worst films I have ever seen. I left before the end because I couldn't stand it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Maybe he's just "over it" as they say on all these stupid american "reality" shows that are on during the day :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

T-shirts for all the tea lovers on the thread. You have to love hairybaby.com

girlsstee_0112.jpg

guyshood001.jpg

Honey-ec wrote: »
    T-shirts for all the tea lovers on the thread. You have to love hairybaby.com

Yep I love hairybaby, a friend of mine was visiting from Canada recently and we bonded while I was there over a love of cake, she's very good at languages so I got her one of their tees that says "Is maith liom cáca milis" :)

Boyfriend has loads of them, they're my easy gift option :D

Bought himself that second one a while ago. Everyone that sees it says it was designed with him in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I've nearly run out of things to clean. Tackled the coffee machine, toaster and random appliances today....and I've everything prepared for dinner.

....<have turned into my mother>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I've been suffering under the cold of Doom for the last few days, thankfully it seems to be getting better. (Although I did wake myself laughing hysterically and mumbling "beavers...they're great. Their little tails..." last night so I *may* have had a slight fever).

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I've been suffering under the cold of Doom for the last few days, thankfully it seems to be getting better. (Although I did wake myself laughing hysterically and mumbling "beavers...they're great. Their little tails..." last night so I *may* have had a slight fever).

Ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I decided on the spur of the moment to go up to Dublin for a class night out. Captain Americas and cheap cocktails, here I come!

Out of curiousity, is anyone having a problem logging into Facebook with a DNS error?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Out of curiousity, is anyone having a problem logging into Facebook with a DNS error?

I'm not having problems but I'm hearing that other people are.

Yeah, facebook is down for me too. I think it's just a european server problem though, there are french and british users on twitter saying it's down but the americans seem oblivious.

I'm not having problems but I'm hearing that other people are.

Just checked the Broadband forum. Seems to be a problem with UPC.

Just checked the Broadband forum. Seems to be a problem with UPC.
    I have UPC but all my other sites are working, just not FB.

It's strange that seemingly with other providers Facebook works, but with UPC there seems to be a problem. There's probably a lot of annoyed people out there, feelingly completely lost as they can't spout their useless crud out.

There's probably a lot of annoyed people out there, feelingly completely lost as they can't spout their useless crud out.
    My pictures of kittens falling over are important to me, I'll have you know. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

EmilyO wrote: »
    I decided on the spur of the moment to go up to Dublin for a class night out. Captain Americas and cheap cocktails, here I come!
    Be wary of Captain America's food, especially their meat dishes. The last 3 times I visisted, I got food poisioning. :( Their butterscotch milkshakes are gorgeous, though.

In other news, I'm broke and it's not even Thursday. Everyone is skint and I had to give my Ma a lend of €60 for groceries, along with spending €40 on my own shopping for the week. FFS, this is no way to live. Can't even afford the protein supplements this week as it was a choice between them or eating for the next 3 days.

I ****ing hate living on welfare. After rent, credit union bill and protein supplements, I'm living on less than €90 a week. If I want to buy any clothing, I have to plan it in advance. FFS...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Yeah, I can't get the page to load :(

Seems to be back up now.

Man, this movie led to so much ranting after! Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Holy crap just had the most stressful kitchen experience, trying to make dinner with the monster dog (she's almost at my hip height at 5 months) was convinced she was gonna upend the boiling water over herself or me. Had to keep holding her against the press with my leg. Only got to make half my dinner :(

Had a day from hell today so I am on strike till further notice(or tomorrow morning).

Yep, well I was earlier, it's ok now.
    McChubbin wrote: »
    I ****ing hate living on welfare. After rent, credit union bill and protein supplements, I'm living on less than €90 a week. If I want to buy any clothing, I have to plan it in advance. FFS...

To be honest I'd easily live on €90 a week after rent (my only constant weekly outgoing), that would keep me in food, petrol and a good bit to spare if I needed it. Short of something in Penneys for €10 I plan in advance to buy new clothes, thought most people would do that, am I weird? I probably spend less than €90 every week, usually about €30-60 depending on how much food/petrol/misc I need to buy that week.

Nah, I do too. I do most of my shopping online so out of each payday i put a bit away towards whatever it is that i want to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

:eek: that's loads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

It's not loads when you factor in grocery shopping, clothing and basic shoes. After that, I'm lucky if I have €30 left. Urrrgh. Not going to depress myself about it any further.
    Just had a lovely stir-fry earlier. I need cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

The Milk Tray song just popped into my head.. :confused:

• Advertisement

It's not loads when you factor in grocery shopping, clothing and basic shoes. After that, I'm lucky if I have €30 left. Urrrgh. Not going to depress myself about it any further.
    Just had a lovely stir-fry earlier. I need cake.

I was factoring in grocery shopping, and you wouldn't buy clothing and shoes every week... :confused:

Egg sandwich for dinner after a run around the park with the dog, my attempts at "healthy eating and exercise" continue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement