Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Acoshla wrote: »
    I was factoring in grocery shopping, and you wouldn't buy clothing and shoes every week... :confused:

Well McChubblin is losing weight so would probably need an extra bit of cash for clothes that fit. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Acoshla wrote: »
    To be honest I'd easily live on €90 a week after rent (my only constant weekly outgoing), that would keep me in food, petrol and a good bit to spare if I needed it. Short of something in Penneys for €10 I plan in advance to buy new clothes, thought most people would do that, am I weird? I probably spend less than €90 every week, usually about €30-60 depending on how much food/petrol/misc I need to buy that week.

Nah, you're not weird. I'd struggle to spend €90 a week (definitely not every week). During the college terms it would be more than summer months. I hate shopping for clothes and shoes so I end up only going on maybe 3 or 4 shopping sprees a year. I'm not really into make-up or sparkly things or going out drinking, so aside from food phone credit and coffee with friends every week or two (and books... I buy more books than I'm capable of reading) I spend very little.

Which is good, it means I've been able to save little bits here and there over the past few years :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

The amount some of my friends spend on drink on a night out is 2-3 times more than I'd spend in a week, what a waste, could by so many pretty things with it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    The Milk Tray song just popped into my head.. :confused:

And when i read that i started singing the flake song for some reason

Mmm flake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

DAMN YOU!!!

I'm not the only one!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Party rockin' in the hoooouuuse toniiiiight! In other news, I'm currently making a list of Christmas presents to get before the prices go up in October. Gonna start saving a few bob over the next 5 months. My mother wants a Kindle and she wants to read 50 Shades of Grey. I don't know whether to laugh or be horrified. Granted, she HAS recommended I check out the old Emmanuelle books... >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

McChubbin wrote: »
    It's not loads when you factor in grocery shopping, clothing and basic shoes. After that, I'm lucky if I have €30 left. Urrrgh. Not going to depress myself about it any further.
    Just had a lovely stir-fry earlier. I need cake.

you dont buy new clothes and shoes every week though? I work full time and live on around the same

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I haven't bought clothes since last september (then again I suppose I'm not growing :D....) If I had a proper source of income I probably would - just don't want to touch my savings. My babysitting/cleaning money (which is fairly irregular) is given to my mum or straight in the bank....

...or spent on ingredients for baking....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

hey guys, here's a question for some fashionistas, I'm looking for a very particular pair of runners, anyone know where I could get a pair of nike air rifts? they're split toe, where the big toe is separate from the little ones, think like ninja boots. I have a pair I got years ago, and they're just the best runners ever, but they seem impossible to get now other than on ebay. does anyone know of any shops in Ireland that might have them?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Any word on Baby Coffeebean?? :)

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Any word on Baby Coffeebean?? :)

I was thinking of that earlier. Haven't seen Java post in a while, so maybe... :)

Oh, never mind, she posted in other forums in the last hour. False alarm!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Still no coffeebean !
    Getting ready for a sweep in the morning.

How does one get ready you ask?

By crying in the corner of the shower for half an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Awh no new TLL baby..

Oh hai.jpg :D

Edit: Sorta wish I hadn't Googled what a sweep was...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Checked my work e-mails and as a reward for the overtime we've been putting in this week, they are treating us to lunch on Friday. Pizza, garlic bread, chicken goujons and salad. Yay!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

javagal wrote: »
    Still no coffeebean !

Oh god, baby. *hugs you*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Links234 wrote: »
    hey guys, here's a question for some fashionistas, I'm looking for a very particular pair of runners, anyone know where I could get a pair of nike air rifts? they're split toe, where the big toe is separate from the little ones, think like ninja boots. I have a pair I got years ago, and they're just the best runners ever, but they seem impossible to get now other than on ebay. does anyone know of any shops in Ireland that might have them?

These the ones? http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Nike-Air-Rift-Womens-Velcro-Synthetic-Split-Toe-Trainers-Black-Khaki-/160803589475?pt=UK_Women_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item6b1e748688

Edit: I've just realised you said other than eBay, doiiii. Sorry!

Still no coffeebean !

Oh you poor thing :(

*crosses fingers for baby coffeebean to make an appearance overnight* :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

I'm a bit drunk.

Do you remember that bonnie Tyler song with the firemen in the video?
    *I need a hero Duh Duh duh he's gotta be good, he's gotta be strong. duh duh duh duh*

is love a big strong ridey fireman. Sigh, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms, I've never been single this long before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

319331_497833160233411_834418590_n.jpg

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Still no coffeebean !

Oh god, baby. *hugs you*

Urgh, so petrified.. but I guess if I want her here I gotta do it!

Aw java God love you! That made me laugh though, sorry :o Best of luck for tomorrow x

I hate honey, it smells like FEET, boyfriend just put some on fruit salad beside me, nearly made me puke.

I'm so booooooooored.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Aww sweetie! It's not that bad xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Have you tried the curry and the sexytimes? Supposedly they can help :o

jujibee wrote: »

Have you tried the curry and the sexytimes? Supposedly they can help :o

There is literally nothing I haven't tried!
    Except castor oil, that gives ya the poops.
    Don't need that and an older, middle eastern man fiddling about down there !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I'm curious about what a sweep is but I think it's probably better if it remains a mystery. You poor thing, Java. It will be over soon!

(And only just beginning in another way!)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

My sis in law got a sweep on her due date. Went home, was having pains and went straight back in. Baby arrived about 14 hours later.

She actually rang them before going back in and they told her to stay home, she's fine. She rang my bro then and he left work and brought her to the hospital. She only had a bed a couple of hours by the time the baby arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

What's a sweep? Hugs javagirl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I've learned more about pregnancy in this thread that I did in school :D

Hope everything goes well javagirl!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement